PabloEscobar

Noob Daytona in yellow gold

PabloEscobar

Hi

Hope I ask this in the right thread as this is my first post here.
I'm looking for a Daytona from noob due to the fact as I understand it it's the best one with the 6 & 9 dials working. ARF seems to be the best quality overall but with faux 6&9 movement. But I can only find Noobs in rosé gold, I've been  to Toro, Trusty and inTime but no yellow gold versions. Any one know if noob makes models in yellow gold and if so what dealers do supply them? Thanks.

KJ2020

No YG from Noob with the SA4130 movement. I don't remember seeing any YG with the old A7750. Maybe someday.

FoxWilde

Someday. But expect back orders on NOOB products is what I’m told. They’re lying low at the moment

PabloEscobar

Thx guys, sorry for posting in the wrong forum,

Looks like Trusty has a YG with 7750 and a modified 4130 movement from BP.  Would that be a good substitute for Noob quality wise?

Havent seen many rewievs of BP watches.

SCShrek
25 minutes ago, PabloEscobar said:

Thx guys, sorry for posting in the wrong forum,

Looks like Trusty has a YG with 7750 and a modified 4130 movement from BP.  Would that be a good substitute for Noob quality wise?

Havent seen many rewievs of BP watches.

You do not want a modified 7750. Either go with non working chronos or the 4130. 

PabloEscobar

ok, thx. May I ask why not the modified 7750?

BIG GRUNDY

SEARCH bar is your friend..

PabloEscobar

hehe, I get it. Will try that.

SCShrek
On 10/07/2019 at 13:01, PabloEscobar said:

The daytona with functional chrono with a 7750 was modified to move the subdials to the correct place to fit the daytona, The seconds, for example are normally @9 for the 7750, was moved to the @6 position for the daytona. They do this by adding gears to the movement which makes the daytona a lot thicker than it should be but they also left out the jewels at the pivots. This initially results in the seconds hand being jerky as it spins around but ultimately, it normally leads to the movement coming to a grinding halt. I've seen where people have disengaged those gears so the regular movement would work again and forgo the chrono.

PabloEscobar

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks for the clarification. Don't plan to use the chrono much though but what you're saying is that using the chrono could make the whole movement stop?

black263
On 10/07/2019 at 18:01, PabloEscobar said:

Secs at 6 ETA 7750 - https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=1609

Sect at 6 A7750 - https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=1601

They're old posts and things have improved, but this gives you the back story.

PabloEscobar

Thanks for the informative posts black263. Interesting read.

Since BP Daytonas arent overly expensive and I won't be wearing the watch every day I think I'm gonna try one out for size and see how it works. If it doesn't run well I'll probably buy an ARF without running sec @6.

MD12112

I could make you a yellow gold from a rose gold noob , where are you based?? PM me for details

Edited by MD12112