Spikoloco

Install ETA 2824-2 in replicas

Spikoloco

Folks, is it possible to install a GEN Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement in any of the replicas using A2824-2 ones?  Do Extra mods will need to be done?  Otto Frei (www.ofrei.com) sells all types of swiss movements for a reasonable price.

Maybe installing Swiss movements in replicas with solid casebacks  will increase reliability 

let me know your thoughts......

regards,

SL

Edited by Spikoloco

ShovelnTC

entirely possible but datewheel / overlay will likely be required and cannon pinion parts may need to be changed to suit handset.

BC1221

You can. Just be sure to either swap the datewheel with the overlay secure or re-install the overlay as perfect as possible. Someone on RWI made a 3D printed overlay alignment tool which seems to work.

The only other issue would be the pinion(s) height. The hour and min hand is fairly easy. You can swap them out. The second hand can be tricky though.

The fact that you’re having to ask this let’s me know that it’s prob not a good idea for you to do it.

If you can get a ETA movement with H3 pinion heights (some do), that would be perfect.

In all honesty, I would stick with the clone until it drops dead. Then I would get a ETA. keep the old movement and practice. Take it apart and put it back together. Over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk