Theviking

A Friday Gift - croc straps on the cheap

Theviking

I like nothing more that a genuine crocodile strap.  Printed leather makes me sick. On my eBay adventures I came across this Vietnamese strap seller straps ~ £20-£30. They'll do a custom one for £30, just message them what you want.

https://www.ebay.com/str/vncrocsell

They also do python skin.

Oooh.

BADBILLY

Very Nice, thank you for the heads up!!Related image

semperfi55

@Theviking Ooh, do you have the straps? How are they like?

Theviking

20190712-134526.jpg

Very good for the price,  although I'd like to see better brown tones, but I don't think they know about pantone.

Haven't tried any custom jobs yet but am planning a fat tan Pam with cream stitching. And dreaming of a forest  green and black stitching for the bronze zenith type 20 on my wish list.

semperfi55
22 minutes ago, Theviking said:

forest  green and black stitching for the bronze zenith type 20 on my wish list.

Sounds like good combination :thumbsup2:

Cheers for the feedback!

Nikosaldente

Nice find Rory:thumbsup:

fatarms

Croc straps from Vietnam are the way to go.  They take about a month to show up, I think they send them by carrier pigeon or something, but they're always good quality and cheap as hell.  I've bought from a few Vietnam dealers over the years, a couple on ebay as well as had a custom croc strap made by Ziczac leather for my Cartier Tank MC.  That one only cost $49, shipped to the US for the custom job.  Unreal how cheap those sellers are.  Hopefully they don't catch on that they can sell them for more... :lol:

GenTLe

Another one to add to the list :D I think they are the same guys previously named "vnahandcraft" or something like that. They produce exactly the same stuff and I can't find the other one anymore...

SCShrek
30 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Croc straps from Vietnam are the way to go.  They take about a month to show up, I think they send them by carrier pigeon or something, but they're always good quality and cheap as hell.  I've bought from a few Vietnam dealers over the years, a couple on ebay as well as had a custom croc strap made by Ziczac leather for my Cartier Tank MC.  That one only cost $49, shipped to the US for the custom job.  Unreal how cheap those sellers are.  Hopefully they don't catch on that they can sell them for more... :lol:

I think they have to go outside and wrestle the damn gator into their shop first...and then they send by carrier pigeon...strapped to a sea turtle...

I to am starting a collection of places to get straps...not a bad thing.

Watchgrocer

Thanks for sharing pal. :christmas1:

BadApple
1 hour ago, Watchgrocer said:

Thanks for sharing pal. :christmas1:

POST-WHORE.jpg

Theviking

So after a long wait, this custom design strap came today.

20190816-113303.jpg

20190816-113306.jpg

20190816-113308.jpg

20190816-113425.jpg

Very pleased, excuse me while I go and order some more.

roberto

That's one pretty strap.

Excuse me while I go and place an order...

SCShrek
On 12/07/2019 at 16:12, GenTLe said:

Another one to add to the list :D I think they are the same guys previously named "vnahandcraft" or something like that. They produce exactly the same stuff and I can't find the other one anymore...

You will need to post that list at some point sir!

Unless you already have, then just ignore me....

Ishtacka

These Croc straps look great.  Make sure to keep an eye on the seam between the croc and the lower leather.  Often the croc can become "brittle" and release.  General leather care can remedy lots of issues.

Thanks for the heads up.

Theviking
6 hours ago, SCShrek said:

You will need to post that list at some point sir!

Unless you already have, then just ignore me....

I think these are the same guys, their name has changed a few times.

5 hours ago, Ishtacka said:

These Croc straps look great.  Make sure to keep an eye on the seam between the croc and the lower leather.  Often the croc can become "brittle" and release.  General leather care can remedy lots of issues.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very true, good advice from a Newbie, you'll go far here.

I was caught by the Mrs admiring it and even she mumbled something positive. She usually is pissed to find I've been spending more money on watches. High praise indeed.