Jump to content
SCShrek

The jokes on me says US customs

Recommended Posts

SCShrek

You are looking at my new Omega 007 SeaMaster...oh wait, you're not...youre actually looking at an empty opened package that those twatwaffles, aka Customs, decided to reseal and send on through to USPS. :bitch:You can see where it was cut open and taped back at the bottom. Just seize the fucker and be done with it!!!

OK, rant over...this was a gate special so it wasnt a big loss but I will file a dispute for a new one to be sent any way since the seller decided to send a watch in a padded envelope with the customs declaration stating "gold watch"...Jeesh.

On the bright side, I didnt get a shitty watch....:frusty:

VTm10e.jpgVTmISZ.jpg

Quick update: I filed the dispute and had the seller message me almost instantly while I was writing this post. His message had two words, "bad man".   So now there's another twatwaffle in the mix...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich

That is strange.  That isn't the way that customs usually works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

That is strange.  That isn't the way that customs usually works.

I guess when you declare it a gold watch in a flimsy package to where you couls actually feel a watch in there, anyone in between may be tempted... A bit stupid on the sellers part though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheFreckledTampon

Bad man :rofl:

To be fair, he probably has tracking showing the watch as being delivered. So he probably thinks you're pulling a fast one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
5 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Bad man :rofl:

To be fair, he probably has tracking showing the watch as being delivered. So he probably thinks you're pulling a fast one.

I'm sure he does but how do I know he's just not sending out small packets of nothing...well besides the slit at the bottom and the bad retape job...;)

I'll go with big man but not bad...

Anyway, asking the longtime experts here...would you have filed a dispute asking for another watch? I base my decision on the packaging and fucked up customs declaration. It was asking to be seized or stolen enroute IMHO.

I should have asked him to put "Freckled Ginger Tampon" as the declaration. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glaude

Are you sure it's not your postman that saw the label and thought he could make a quick buck or two by reselling it ? Or just kept it ?

Custom can't really do those sort of stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piloten
4 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Are you sure it's not your postman that saw the label and thought he could make a quick buck or two by reselling it ? Or just kept it ?

Custom can't really do those sort of stuff 

Horse puckey. Buddy of mine sent me some cigars. emailed me a picture. When they got here, eight of them were missing, under an untouched "opened by Customs" label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
30 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Are you sure it's not your postman that saw the label and thought he could make a quick buck or two by reselling it ? Or just kept it ?

Custom can't really do those sort of stuff 

I didnt think about it until Rich mentioned thats not how they operate. It's entirely possible it was thieved somewhere along the way.

Again, not knowing how customs works really, this watch sat in customs 2 days longer than another watch that came from essentially the same address and both were delivered today so I guess I already had it in my head that customs was doing something with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stfrance

If it is done by the postman, same shitty thing would be happened later.. :clouseau:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
4 minutes ago, stfrance said:

If it is done by the postman, same shitty thing would be happened later.. :clouseau:

 

I dont think it was done by the delivering postman as I get it delivered here to my work and he brings in tons of mail in postal boxes so he wouldve had to dig through all the mail and find it but who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Del
32 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

I didnt think about it until Rich mentioned thats not how they operate. It's entirely possible it was thieved somewhere along the way.

Again, not knowing how customs works really, this watch sat in customs 2 days longer than another watch that came from essentially the same address did and both were delivered today so I guess I already had it in my head that customs was doing something with it.

How do you know customs opened it and resealed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
3 minutes ago, Del said:

How do you know customs opened it and resealed it?

I dont know who, customs was just a guess, but someone seems to have ran a knife through the bottom and taped it back up. I assumed it was customs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Del
6 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

I dont know who, customs was just a guess, but someone seems to have ran a knife through the bottom and taped it back up. I assumed it was customs.

It could’ve been anyone in the postal chain from the dealer to your door. 

And, looking at it from the dealer’s point of view, how does he know you didn’t take out the watch yourself? Believe me, it’s happened before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
30 minutes ago, Del said:

It could’ve been anyone in the postal chain from the dealer to your door. 

And, looking at it from the dealer’s point of view, how does he know you didn’t take out the watch yourself? Believe me, it’s happened before!

Yep, I considered all that but what are your thoughts about sending a watch in a small bubble pack with the words "gold watch" stamped across the front. To me, that is asking to be stolen and that's on the seller. All of the watches I have previously gotten from TD's and gate sellers come in heavily taped boxes with a ton of bubble wrap and like the watch that was delivered with the empty envelope, said something like "beside clock" on the custom's declaration. I'm sure whoever took it in the chain felt the watch to be a watch in the bubble envelope and decided he/she wanted it. That's not the case had it been boxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FudgyDocker

One for the Gate seller blacklist, I guess. Sorry you got screwed, even if it was for a shit one.

Name and shame the seller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
5 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

One for the Gate seller blacklist, I guess. Sorry you got screwed, even if it was for a shit one.

I'm going to see how he handles something that wasnt directly his fault before I put the seller out there as one to avoid. It's just part of the game we play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VMSG

Bad man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FudgyDocker
8 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

that wasnt directly his fault before

Sorry, but I don't want to be accidentally buying from some colossal bell end that puts "Gold Watch" on a CN22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenTLe

Explain him that if you put "GOLD WATCH" on any envelope it will FOR SURE be stolen along the way. That's just plain stupidity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
4 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Sorry, but I don't want to be accidentally buying from some colossal bell end that puts "Gold Watch" on a CN22

You, sir, have a point...the same one I've been trying to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glaude

If customs open a package, they reseal it with either a tape that mention it had been opened/inspected or with a sticker added on the enveloppe.

Putting gold watch was plain stupid that's for sure ! 

But you are still ... bad man as does your new title shows !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
8 minutes ago, Glaude said:

If customs open a package, they reseal it with either a tape that mention it had been opened/inspected or with a sticker added on the enveloppe.

Putting gold watch was plain stupid that's for sure ! 

But you are still ... bad man as does your new title shows !

And Glaude strikes again! It could be worse. Right @TheFreckledTampon??? <-- That's still genius!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheFreckledTampon

Bad man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daffy
42 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Explain him that if you put "GOLD WATCH" on any envelope it will FOR SURE be stolen along the way. That's just plain stupidity...

Or it might be intentionally put on the outside.  He then crudely cuts the package and sloppily tapes it up.  He then ships it out, empty.

Plausible deniability.  And he doesn’t have to actually buy any of the products to “sell” them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenTLe
16 minutes ago, Daffy said:

Or it might be intentionally put on the outside.  He then crudely cuts the package and sloppily tapes it up.  He then ships it out, empty.

Plausible deniability.  And he doesn’t have to actually buy any of the products to “sell” them.

That would be really "evil thinking" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×