SCShrek

The jokes on me says US customs

Enthusiast88

Strange... At first i was convinced that customs did this but customs use they’re own special tape that reads “inspected by US customs” or somewhere along those lines... sorry to hear this bud, it sure sounds fishy.. at least it was a gate special beateroffer. 

Oh and what the fuck does he mean by “bad man” :rofl: 

SCShrek
13 minutes ago, Enthusiast88 said:

Strange... At first i was convinced that customs did this but customs use they’re own special tape that reads “inspected by US customs” or somewhere along those lines... sorry to hear this bud, it sure sounds fishy.. at least it was a gate special beateroffer. 

Oh and what the fuck does he mean by “bad man” :rofl: 

VTABGo.gif

Yes...the background bagels do have significance....

cvp3
4 hours ago, NCRich said:

That is strange.  That isn't the way that customs usually works.

China customs yes, US customs no. 

Del
3 hours ago, SCShrek said:

Yep, I considered all that but what are your thoughts about sending a watch in a small bubble pack with the words "gold watch" stamped across the front. To me, that is asking to be stolen and that's on the seller. All of the watches I have previously gotten from TD's and gate sellers come in heavily taped boxes with a ton of bubble wrap and like the watch that was delivered with the empty envelope, said something like "beside clock" on the custom's declaration. I'm sure whoever took it in the chain felt the watch to be a watch in the bubble envelope and decided he/she wanted it. That's not the case had it been boxed.

It wasn’t from one of our TDs so it’s a lottery what you get and how it’s sent. I agree it was rather silly to write “gold watch” but then who honestly would think it was a real gold watch in a Jiffy bag? :rofl:

It was almost certainly knicked at the Chinese end. It wouldn’t be the first time either...

Mystery Shopper
4 hours ago, SCShrek said:

I dont know who, customs was just a guess, but someone seems to have ran a knife through the bottom and taped it back up. 

Onze knows.

Junior88

I know exactly where it is, my friend. 

Donkey took it. :rofl: 

Thommo82
2 hours ago, Daffy said:

Or it might be intentionally put on the outside.  He then crudely cuts the package and sloppily tapes it up.  He then ships it out, empty.

Plausible deniability.  And he doesn’t have to actually buy any of the products to “sell” them.

Wow

I think I just found my new business venture.

Much appreciated. 

SCShrek
18 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

I know exactly where it is, my friend. 

Donkey took it. :rofl: 

:finger:

narikaa

Customs and postal authorities have their own logo'd /named tape that they reseal with 

Tar fingered postal workers that at least have the wit not to kill off the tracking by binning the package will reseal their work and send it on its way

narikaa
8 hours ago, Daffy said:

Or it might be intentionally put on the outside.  He then crudely cuts the package and sloppily tapes it up.  He then ships it out, empty.

Plausible deniability.  And he doesn’t have to actually buy any of the products to “sell” them.

Mmm

I'll have to ponder the law of conservation of mass and try and figure out where the 0.3 Kilos of shipping weight came from in this scenario

Back to the opium pipe Sherlock Daffy and rethink the jolly jape

BadApple

I'm with Reg on this - Customs will use official printed tape. I do suspect some third party involvement here and it could be anybody throughout the chain with the exceptions of Customs. 

Daffy
1 hour ago, narikaa said:

Mmm

I'll have to ponder the law of conservation of mass and try and figure out where the 0.3 Kilos of shipping weight came from in this scenario

Back to the opium pipe Sherlock Daffy and rethink the jolly jape

I forgot to order some this month!  Can you have them drop ship from Thai again?  Thanks in advance!

BenjaminButton
Customs and postal authorities have their own logo'd /named tape that they reseal with 

Tar fingered postal workers that at least have the wit not to kill off the tracking by binning the package will reseal their work and send it on its way

About 15 years ago a fraudulent transaction popped up on my wife’s bank statement for a washing machine. Reported it to the bank and then were quite surprised when the police got involved and wanted to come to our home to take a statement and possibly collect evidence.

Turned out quite a few post men and sorting office staff were being recruited by imaginative thieves in South London to intercept cheque books open the envelope take one or two cheques from the the book, seal it all back up and deliver it. A few cheques are not noticed and so allowing time to use them. Simple and quite clever. As Reg says Tar fingered postal staff.

BADBILLY

Related image

SCShrek
4 hours ago, BADBILLY said:

Related image

You lost me on  this one Cajun :D

Just as a followup, the seller, Gzyubing, denied my request to replace the watch but agreed on a full refund instead. I dont quite understand that unless he REALLY does think I scammed him as it would probably be cheaper for him to replace the thing. Or maybe it's against his moral constitution to lie on the customs declaration. @Glaude, I guess my nick will have top stick....  Anywho, I will try with another seller or maybe go to a TD since I really do like the watch.

In the sellers defense, he must be doing something right as he has about a 50 reviews with pics with a 5 star rating. Too bad there's not a rating on how you package your wares...-3 stars

Here's the watch. Does this look decent or think it's worth going to a TD. So far the gate has done a pretty decent job on Omega reps: https://www.dhgate.com/product/aaa-luxury-commander-brand-wristwatches-ceramic/423156655.html#s1-3-1;searl|2132814924

FudgyDocker
28 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Here's the watch. Does this look decent or think it's worth going to a TD. So far the gate has done a pretty decent job on Omega reps: https://www.dhgate.com/product/aaa-luxury-commander-brand-wristwatches-ceramic/423156655.html#s1-3-1;searl|2132814924

Looks fucking awful. You're much better off without it :rofl:

SCShrek
6 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Looks fucking awful. You're much better off without it :rofl:

Dang it...I meant to say.."except for Bill"...:rofl:

BADBILLY
11 hours ago, SCShrek said:

You lost me on  this one Cajun :D

Just as a followup, the seller, Gzyubing, denied my request to replace the watch but agreed on a full refund instead. I dont quite understand that unless he REALLY does think I scammed him as it would probably be cheaper for him to replace the thing. Or maybe it's against his moral constitution to lie on the customs declaration. @Glaude, I guess my nick will have top stick....  Anywho, I will try with another seller or maybe go to a TD since I really do like the watch.

In the sellers defense, he must be doing something right as he has about a 50 reviews with pics with a 5 star rating. Too bad there's not a rating on how you package your wares...-3 stars

I'm a huge fan of the James Bond watches, but we all know with the gate it's hit or miss , they usually indicate "watch" or "giftwatch" on the package and it would seem that lady luck just wasn't in the cards on that one. Perseverance always produces better odds. 

SCShrek
6 hours ago, BADBILLY said:

I'm a huge fan of the James Bond watches, but we all know with the gate it's hit or miss , they usually indicate "watch" or "giftwatch" on the package and it would seem that lady luck just wasn't in the cards on that one. Perseverance always produces better odds. 

Yep. I went with the OM version from a TD. Obviously a MUCH better watch.

Kimjongkook

See the title, so I'll click in.

mr.tourette

if you are after a decent cheap seamaster rep then you could do a lot worse than one of these, obviously a sterile dial but  sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert, picked one up last week and its a really great quality piece for the price, swapped the strap out for a blue/red one from ali at 10 quid and it looks great on it.. made an offer of 65 dollars which was accepted..best 55 quid I ever spent on a watch  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/41mm-bliger-sterile-white-dial-sapphire-glass-ceramic-bezel-automatic-mens-watch/183834460049?hash=item2acd633f91:g:qe4AAOSwOXlc9Mhp

SCShrek
11 hours ago, mr.tourette said:

if you are after a decent cheap seamaster rep then you could do a lot worse than one of these, obviously a sterile dial but  sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert, picked one up last week and its a really great quality piece for the price, swapped the strap out for a blue/red one from ali at 10 quid and it looks great on it.. made an offer of 65 dollars which was accepted..best 55 quid I ever spent on a watch  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/41mm-bliger-sterile-white-dial-sapphire-glass-ceramic-bezel-automatic-mens-watch/183834460049?hash=item2acd633f91:g:qe4AAOSwOXlc9Mhp

I asked Kevin to solve my issue and he did :thumbsup2:

IMG-5693.jpg

CurioLeo
On 13/07/2019 at 05:07, SCShrek said:

Yep, I considered all that but what are your thoughts about sending a watch in a small bubble pack with the words "gold watch" stamped across the front. To me, that is asking to be stolen and that's on the seller. All of the watches I have previously gotten from TD's and gate sellers come in heavily taped boxes with a ton of bubble wrap and like the watch that was delivered with the empty envelope, said something like "beside clock" on the custom's declaration. I'm sure whoever took it in the chain felt the watch to be a watch in the bubble envelope and decided he/she wanted it. That's not the case had it been boxed.

My thoughts ? The sender is a bad man :rofl: