northantsrich

Explorer I 214270 - Who has the best ARF, BP or JF?

northantsrich

Explorer I 214270 - Who has the best ARF, BP or JF?

Has anyone got any of the new Explorer I reps, the last one I had was a good few years ago and was frankly  terrible.  From my understanding  looking at a recent thread on RWI it seems the BP and ARF are getting close to super rep status.

ROLEXP1020 - Explorer 1 Ref.214270 904L SS/SS Blk BP Asia 3132

ROLEXP1011 - Explorer 1 214270 SS/SS Black JF Mod. SA3132

ROLEXP1017 - Explorer 1 Ref.214270 SS/SS Black ARF Asia 3132

If any of the above are now at super rep status then I think I have just decided on my next rep.

Look forward to your thoughts guys.

TheFreckledTampon

I've got the ARF. I think next door the consensus was that the BP was better value for money (from memory, could be wrong), but I can't see a single thing wrong with mine, I love it. A few randoms:

V854RA.jpg

V8lgeo.jpg

V8lke6.jpg

BZky6.jpg

BZ08q.jpg

Khronos

I have a JF V2 with the correct EXPLORER text spacing and it's absolutely amazing:

IMG-20190713-183547.jpg

I got my ex coworker the ARF version, which is basically JF, only in 904L steel. They were exactly the same in every light condition imaginable. Actually his was worse, because it had poor SEL fitment. I had mine cleaned and oiled and it feels exactly like gen. I'm yet to experience a good quality BP watch, every single one I had so far was inferior to any other factory product. 

Jasonbaylee
I've got the ARF. I think next door the consensus was that the BP was better value for money (from memory, could be wrong), but I can't see a single thing wrong with mine, I love it. A few randoms:
V854RA.jpg

Yeah mate I remember that too!
BO has the best bang for bucks! I would go for BP except for 116500, it will be ARF.

Nice shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarsSuck
V854RA.jpg
V8lgeo.jpg
V8lke6.jpg
BZky6.jpg
BZ08q.jpg

That's really nicely done!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Pierre Sec

I think i need one too. Are these also available with 2824 movements? Or is there a good reason to go for a clone movement?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Jasonbaylee

Freckled, can share what u got that blue strap pls?

I’m toying in mind to get this watch n do a swap to have a 114300 dial on it.

I do not like a 39mm. Anyone share my thought?

Jasonbaylee

Thank you mate!

northantsrich

Thanks guys. I think the ARF with extra care of SEL fit in QC it is.  

I see over on RWI they have said its almost a super rep. Its such a simple watch I am surprised its taken this long to make a decent copy. 

Mak52580

I've been close to pulling the trigger on one of these too, but also had a hard time determining the manufacturer.  To one's point above, is there any advantage of a 3134 over a 2823?  

I'm also not sure if the 904L is worth the extra money.  People seem to have different opinions on it.