northantsrich

Explorer I 214270 - Who has the best ARF, BP or JF?

Gangan
2 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Indeed, the 3 is known to be a weakness on my model, but I'm a bit of an ARF fanboy so tend to choose ARF over other factories if the watches are much of a muchness - which for me on this occasion, they are. Even the 'super reps' are likely to have flaws, it's about picking the ones you can live with and for the Explorer, I preferred the ARF bracelet and hands over the slightly different 3 (which if I'm honest, I can barely see in macro shots, let alone on the wrist).

The strap was from Watchbandit here (though in a sale):

https://watchbandit.com/product/canvas-strap-blue-wb-original/

Thanks for the comments :thumbsup2:

Thanks again.  The strap looks darker in your pics.  Looks quality though and the stiching around the holes should stop the fraying that cloth straps suffer from.  Not the cheapest but, as they say, you get what you pay for. 

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, Gangan said:

Thanks again.  The strap looks darker in your pics.  Looks quality though and the stiching around the holes should stop the fraying that cloth straps suffer from.  Not the cheapest but, as they say, you get what you pay for. 

Honestly, the quality isn't that high. It looks pretty, but I'd be surprised if it isn't screwed in a few years. They do good sales though; I think I paid about €12 for it which is fair.

Gangan
On 19/09/2019 at 21:23, TheFreckledTampon said:

Honestly, the quality isn't that high. It looks pretty, but I'd be surprised if it isn't screwed in a few years. They do good sales though; I think I paid about €12 for it which is fair.

Valued info.  Thanks

Rolexlover123

Its the movement on arf also. If it was eta clone 28xx then it would been nice.