bananakid0

Best 5711 factory?

bananakid0

Hello everyone,

Is there a general consensus on the best (closest to gen) rep of a PP 5711? In particular SS Blue Dial. 

RWI's NWBIG list suggests it's the PPF V2 - is there general consensus on this?

Mr_B

AFAIK it's the PF version that's the best, closest case thickness and dial as well as the best looking movement 

bananakid0
2 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

AFAIK it's the PF version that's the best, closest case thickness and dial as well as the best looking movement 

Are you referring to the very same PPF V2?

Mr_B

Yes I believe so 

3 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

kuvarsit

Ppf v2 blue but it is not in stock now

GingerApple
32 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

No, PF used to be the best about a year ago. Totally different factory.

They all have their faults, but dial wise, PPFv2 is considered the best blue as per the current 5711 (a more grey/greeny blue).

bananakid0
16 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

No, PF used to be the best about a year ago. Totally different factory.

They all have their faults, but dial wise, PPFv2 is considered the best blue as per the current 5711 (a more grey/greeny blue).

Thanks

FudgyDocker

Read this. I beg to differ. I have the MK V6 and I think it's better than the PPF.

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Read this. I beg to differ. I have the MK V6 and I think it's better than the PPF.

That's considered a better dial if you prefer the older model Nautilus that's more blue-blue, rather than  grey-blue. I prefer that one personally over the grey-blue. They all have their flaws. I personally prefer the MK blue and PPF white.

bananakid0
13 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

How would you say it's better? I don't care which shade of blue it imitates - so long as it's better! Like them both!

Is this what you're referring to - http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_188&product_id=1735

FudgyDocker

A couple of factors made me decide. It should be noted that I specifically went for blue.

1.  The dial colour seems to be closer to the gen on any picture I've seen of it. It's the bit that I and everyone else will see, for the vast majority of the time.
2. The movement supposedly isn't so pretty, but I can't really notice it. It looks fine, and I don't spend hours gazing at the movement, if I'm honest. Apparently, a bit of work was done on the bridge for the V6 but I'm not entirely sure what. @Glaude may enlighten?
3. Miyota 9015 rotors are known to be noisy on occasion. All the people I've seen that complain about them on 5711s are PPF owners. Does that not say something?

FudgyDocker
9 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

That's a  MK V5. You can tell by the spelling mistakes. There's a different spelling mistake on the V6 ;)

This one (don't worry about the dodgy link name) :lol:
https://kuvarsit04.com/tudor-heritage-black-bay-fifty-eight-39mm-v2-edition-en/

GingerApple
21 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

A couple of factors made me decide. It should be noted that I specifically went for blue.

1.  The dial colour seems to be closer to the gen on any picture I've seen of it. It's the bit that I and everyone else will see, for the vast majority of the time.
2. The movement supposedly isn't so pretty, but I can't really notice it. It looks fine, and I don't spend hours gazing at the movement, if I'm honest. Apparently, a bit of work was done on the bridge for the V6 but I'm not entirely sure what. @Glaude may enlighten?
3. Miyota 9015 rotors are known to be noisy on occasion. All the people I've seen that complain about them on 5711s are PPF owners. Does that not say something?

1 - Depends on the Gen version you're comparing to. The most recent Nautilus are more petrol grey/blue like the PPF.

3 - Sure that's not PF rotors they're complaining about? They were fucking noisy. I've not heard anyone complain about the PPF rotors. The clasp on the PPF is the weak point. That and the fat bezel.

FudgyDocker

At the end of the day, it's a personal preference.

Having just compared the two side by side, the PPF has no spelling mistakes on the engraving, and the rotor has slightly better decoration.
However, I just prefered the bluer dial on the MK to the darker one on the PPF.

Have a look at pictures of some gens, and see which you prefer. It will be your watch and your money that pays for it at the end of the day, no-one elses!

FudgyDocker

Just took mine out of the watch box, measured the thickness (9.07mm) and gazed at it again for a few minutes. It really is a watch of beauty. Don't know why I ever thought of selling it!

SCShrek

Annndddd, as Kevin pointed out above, if you are impatient, go wit the MK since the PPF is currently out of stock. My $.02. 

GingerApple
2 hours ago, bananakid0 said:

Is there a general consensus on the best (closest to gen) rep of a PP 5711? In particular SS Blue Dial. 

So to answer your question, no, there's no consensus!

For me it's MK Blue and PPF white (note NOT PF white, which has awful, ridiculous lume which ruins an otherwise decent watch).

bananakid0
So to answer your question, no, there's no consensus!
For me it's MK Blue and PPF white (note NOT PF white, which has awful, ridiculous lume which ruins an otherwise decent watch).

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amarith

1b22a31fdb328254add9f4b003497d3b.jpgJust gonna leave this here... it seems the MK V6 has the pre 2018 dial with "Patek Philippe Geneve" appliqué on the blue dials. In the picture, the bottom dial is the latest. From what I see on TD websites (I don't own any pieces to confirm, rep or gen) it seems only PPF has the updated dial..

Edited by Amarith

Glaude
39 minutes ago, Amarith said:

Just gonna leave this here... it seems the MK V6 has the pre 2018 dial with "Patek Philippe Geneve" appliqué on the blue dials. In the picture, the bottom dial is the latest. From what I see on TD websites (I don't own any pieces to confirm, rep or gen) it seems only PPF has the updated dial..

That's correct, the only new dial style is from PPF with their v1 & v2 (only blue dial in v2 for the moment)

Amarith
20 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That's correct, the only new dial style is from PPF with their v1 & v2 (only blue dial in v2 for the moment)

Thanks for confirming Glaude!

GingerApple
7 hours ago, Glaude said:

Which is good because the blue colour the MK is replicating is the old dial blue - so it's a totally different watch basically.

bananakid0
On 01/08/2019 at 01:58, Glaude said:

Copped the PPF V2 in the end - thanks for all the feedback.

VMSG
Copped the PPF V2 in the end - thanks for all the feedback.
The right decision IMO