Flinnt

G'day, another Aussie

Flinnt

G'day all. New member from small town Aus. Have recently started my rep watch collection and have been over at RWI, but thought it's time to branch out some more.

Omega boy. But will venture into other brands soon.

VYz72X.md.jpg VYzdjG.md.jpg VYzq6p.md.jpg

brang1

nice collection mate, and welcome aboard. Lots of fun to be had here, one word of warning though! Beware of @Thommo82, the man [and i use that term loosely] has several restraining orders out against him all over Australia. He tends to stalk other forum members and like to leave, shall we say little deposits at their front doors. Also on numerous charges of indecent exposure and other such offences. Basically harmless, as when he exposes himself its a champignon but just be aware of him and you should be good. Another one to look out for is @TheFreckledTampon, this creature IS dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. You may wake up with him standing at the end of your bed at 3 in the morning wearing nothing more than some mascarpone cheese. Other than that...ENJOY

Flinnt

Okay then. 

A few years back woke to someone staring through the window at us sleeping.  Since that night installed a NightSun, bought a f'ing big knife and a wolf. So have the greeting ready.

brang1
27 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Okay then. 

A few years back woke to someone staring through the window at us sleeping.  Since that night installed a NightSun, bought a f'ing big knife and a wolf. So have the greeting ready.

all good precautions, you seem prepared then

GulfGT40

Welcome from the western side, seems to be a lot of aussies on here. Maybe something to do with our convict ancestry that draws us to counterfeit items.

RussP

Welcome from Brissy.

Always nice to see another aussie on the board.

Don't pay much attention to what @brang1 says, he's just takin' the piss.

Flinnt

Yeah I'm used to Aussies. Wouldn't expect anything different. I get myself in trouble sometimes on forums for forgetting people reading it aren't convicts.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Thommo82

Fuck @brang1, off your meds again hey buddy? Telling them stories from your past but putting others (like my good self) in your place hey?

Mate, stay where you are, let me know your whereabouts, I’ll come pick you up and take you back to the farm, again.....

OP, Welcome from another Aussie!

brang1
4 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Fuck @brang1, off your meds again hey buddy? Telling them stories from your past but putting others (like my good self) in your place hey?

Mate, stay where you are, let me know your whereabouts, I’ll come pick you up and take you back to the farm, again.....

OP, Welcome from another Aussie!

no point trying to play the blame game old fruit, your reputation precedes you 

36 minutes ago, RussP said:

Welcome from Brissy.

Always nice to see another aussie on the board.

Don't pay much attention to what @brang1 says, he's just takin' the piss.

Moi? taking the piss? i am shocked Russ

Thommo82
5 minutes ago, brang1 said:

no point trying to play the blame game old fruit, your reputation precedes you 

Shhhhhhh...........!

OP doesn’t know me yet and probably thinks I’m a really nice guy, trying to help a mental patient back to his ward.

Don’t fuck things up for me again 

brang1

last time i helped you, i was arrested as an accessory ! You know those sort of "relations with farm animals are frowned upon, even if you say Baaa-ba-bara loved you, makes no difference

RussP

@Flinnt  Look at what you started here..............:beer2:

trailboss99

Small town eh? Are you currently in drought or buried under 2 feet of totally unexpected snow? :D

brang1
24 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

Small town eh? Are you currently in drought or buried under 2 feet of totally unexpected snow? :D

in Melbourne, that can all happen in one day

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

Nice first post and pics !

Flinnt
12 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

We’re always in drought, it’s Australia. Water falling from the sky, pffft, as if, pull the other one. It’s just some interwebs hoax. 

Damn well feels like it’s snowing. 

I’m actually really close to big towns, but are a tiny town ourself. We were considered as rural for the NBN early rollout and got fibre to the premises before politicians screwed up the whole thing. It’s a 10 min drive to a big town, we must have one of those pollies secretly living here to have got it. 

ChronoNerd

Welcome mate, nice collection ...

Been an Seamaster fan for years but now more of a speedie guy ...

something about a sea masters bezel just always gets me ...

Enjoy ...

Flinnt

Just got my latest arrival. Not original enough to start a new thread over, but love those chronos so it was a must have. Still has some remaining plastic between the SEL and watch case, sorry but was too excited and just got it onto the wrist.

Daytona-1.jpg

brang1

thats a really nice addition mate, good job

The_Proctometrist
5 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Just got my latest arrival. Not original enough to start a new thread over, but love those chronos so it was a must have. Still has some remaining plastic between the SEL and watch case, sorry but was too excited and just got it onto the wrist.

that's a real beauty, congrats...

Flinnt

It winds incredibly smooth, like butter. I'm also impressed at the action of the chrono pushers, very solid.

GulfGT40

Looks good, you won't see too many of them knocking around in rural Australia, perfect for visiting town on sundays  :D

Flinnt

Not rural at all, but a long way from real cities. I never see rolexes on any wrists and can’t imagine being called out by someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. (And I’ll tell them it’s fake anyway). 

The village I live in is a tiny haven but near big towns. Very working class towns that like to call themselves cities. No ADs and even jewellers struggle to make a living. Most packed up shop and left. 

The_Proctometrist
21 hours ago, Flinnt said:

I never see rolexes on any wrists and can’t imagine being called out by someone who actually knows what they’re talking

well it's a $15,000ish watch here in canada, so  unless you are in monte carlo you aint' gonna see too many people wearing it . it's an awesome rep and when it's on the wrist the 1/10th of 1% of the population who know rolex will have a very hard time discerning it's authenticity.  you won't ever be called out. 

Screen-Shot-2019-08-18-at-11-52-06-PM.pn

Mystery Shopper

Hello & welcome.

We were considered as rural for the NBN early rollout

I'm 7 kms from the GPO in an Australian capital city and still don't have NBN.  :D