Coax

Let the dogfight begin

Coax

Two IWC's -  Pro's and Con's anyone?     Spitfire is V6F from Mary - IWC3777 - I'm not sure who it is made by and would be interested to know. 

The 3777 has lovely AR - hardly seems to notice the crystal.

The Spitfire feels a more high end luxurious watch but the AR on the crystal does not seem as good as the 3777, or maybe its the black face on the 3777 - it somehow grabs your attention  -  The 3777 feels more basic and visceral, somehow more WW2 and more pure functional WW2 pilot.

IMG-2369.jpg

simey83

3777 for me, never really liked the spitfires :)

SCShrek

Aesthetically, I'll take the Spitfire. It's not as busy and I've always liked the triple date window. Functionally, I assume that both of these are A7750 meaning the Spitfire is modded to get the sec@6 and a modded 7750 never seems to be a good idea. I know it wasnt on my Daytona.

Both are really good looking watches..

AstroAvia

It is hard to pick one. Whenever I am torn between two watches I like, I buy both! That is why I own both of these replicas  

I do see a problem with the Spitfire: the minutes counter of the chrono, at 12 o'clock. There are two versions available, only one with actual 60 minutes counter at 12. Though more correct function-wise, the 60min counter version comes with a sunken and slightly off-centred datewheel. The incorrect version, on the other hand, has a correct datewheel, but the chrono register at 12 o'clock counts up to 30 minutes. 

All that said, the 3777 would be my choice simply because it looks like and functions like the genuine watch. 

Rx4Time

3777 is the 7750 in it's native configuration.  This is what I would choose for reliability and longevity.