hanski

Phong BP Fifty Fathoms?

hanski

Has anyone purchased the BP No Radiation Fifty Fathoms Phong/JAW sells? If so, any hands on feedback or thoughts on it? 

F0-CC7-B3-C-4-FE3-4-DDE-B879-2-E19969470

Realism

$950???!!!

I'd rather pay less for a pre-loved Oris gen :graman:

BadPickle

@Alhig72 

is the man here 

Alhig72

Nice watch the ones I've built didn't cost that much less, maybe $750 but parts are really tough to get, needs an insert change and nicer hands to get to something like this but a nice watch all the same 0bbab1a67da051b23470f520d9391a4d.jpg9c32eb173b208f81b177aadc00f657af.jpg4553c2366cf6b7a2e96fd7df84f306b4.jpg3fe5a4926a3434b372af321d6b60c621.jpg

hanski
9 hours ago, Realism said:

$950???!!!

I'd rather pay less for a pre-loved Oris gen :graman:

You sound like my wife! Ha! Just kidding. 

But seriously - the price gives me pause and that’s why I’m asking about it. Maybe it’s worth it, maybe not. 

What Oris would you go for? 

8 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

@Alhig72 

is the man here 

Indeed he is! I liked FF to start but his posts only make me want one more. 

hanski
5 hours ago, Alhig72 said:

Nice watch the ones I've built didn't cost that much less, maybe $750 but parts are really tough to get, needs an insert change and nicer hands to get to something like this but a nice watch all the same 0bbab1a67da051b23470f520d9391a4d.jpg9c32eb173b208f81b177aadc00f657af.jpg4553c2366cf6b7a2e96fd7df84f306b4.jpg3fe5a4926a3434b372af321d6b60c621.jpg

You’re builds are great! What does the spec on a $750 build look like? 

I recognized the insert and hands needed to be swapped. There are two things that tempt me to buy for JAW, he has good stuff and he states it’s a gen AS movement. I’m a sucker for gen movements (even if it’s not gen BP). From what I can gather, an AS could be had from a donor watch for $100-$200 on eBay. But that was just a cursory search. 

Realism
13 minutes ago, hanski said:

You sound like my wife! Ha! Just kidding. 

But seriously - the price gives me pause and that’s why I’m asking about it. Maybe it’s worth it, maybe not. 

What Oris would you go for?

I got this via Ebay from a huge online gray retailer for $840 all in on a bracelet...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/oris-divers-sixty-five-silver-dial-introducing

Unless you are really in love with that BP replica.. the price is pretty tough to swallow... esp for a regular Joe like myself

hanski
10 minutes ago, Realism said:

I got this via Ebay from a huge online gray retailer for $840 all in on a bracelet...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/oris-divers-sixty-five-silver-dial-introducing

Unless you are really in love with that BP replica.. the price is pretty tough to swallow... esp for a regular Joe like myself

Super nice buy! 

Theviking

Didn't @Genius sell one recently?

Alhig72
You’re builds are great! What does the spec on a $750 build look like? 
I recognized the insert and hands needed to be swapped. There are two things that tempt me to buy for JAW, he has good stuff and he states it’s a gen AS movement. I’m a sucker for gen movements (even if it’s not gen BP). From what I can gather, an AS could be had from a donor watch for $100-$200 on eBay. But that was just a cursory search. 
My builds are all the same spec as phongs but with modded insert and hands

Genius

@JohnG just bought a homage that is really quite similar to these for less than $200 depends how close you want to be. Could be a decent base for modding it's so unlikely you'd ever see a gen in the wild on something like this anyway