MrAP

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5968A

MrAP

My first post. I just wanted to share my recent purchase of my Aquanaut 5968 Chrono and get your opinions. This is my first automatic replica!

The dial and casing looks great to me. Maybe the only thing is the date sizing? But I think it looks ok. The rubber strap feels great!

What are you guys thoughts on the movement? I’m clueless!

Be interested to see your photos of this model!

b853655cbbd8ada67f707ff185445fa2.jpg

fc22684be6304607afa18b85afa55afd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griffo

Nice. What factory?

MrAP
Hi great looking watch!
https://www.patek.com/fr/collection/aquanaut/5968A-001
here are all the specs,

imhave two questions 
1 does thenchronograph work like original?
2 is it or can it be waterproofed?

cheers and enjoy,

Thanks! Really love the sporty yet classy look. The rubber strap is incredibly comfortable too!

The chrono works as original which is great! My limited knowledge of replicas tells me that often cheap battery movements mean the chrono works and some auto movements (on cheaper models) render the chrono useless? This Swiss movement, however, works flawlessly!

In terms of waterproofing the seller said that it’s sealed and shower etc will be completely fine and it should be pretty waterproof. However they wouldn’t advise submerging for a long time. Potentially a stupid question... but can these things be properly sealed?

MrAP
Nice. What factory?

Guilty!

This was actually purchased in Bangkok.. it was obviously much more expensive than most of the cheap crap they offer in those places. But this watch blew me away so I was happy to pay!

I used to read this forum a few years ago but after purchasing a Gen Tag my interest in buying a rep subsided.

I am, however, now very interested in getting a high quality rep from a TD here. I’m thinking maybe the “classic” black sub to start me off? Thoughts?