Eddie1

IWC Portugieser Chronograph IW371447

Eddie1

I came across this watch by complete accident. I found 'a very cheap watch' on ebay for sale which I quite liked the look of and it was based in China. So I bought it just for casual wear and possibly for general use. I knew it was extremely cheap so I didnt expect much but what turned up was complete rubbish really, but I still coulnt help really liking the style.

Anyway, the watch that came to me was like something out of a Christmas cracker, literally. I wasnt even a fan of IWC's as I didn't even know it was a genuine make, even my Mrs said that looks terrible as even parts of the numerals are missing on the face. I kind of agreed but I managed to google what it said on the watch minus the IWC bit which my very cheap replica didn't have. And to my surprise, I saw that my very cheap and nasty watch was actually based on an expensive watch. With the real deal being totally out of my price range and rational I wouldn't mind getting a replica of it sometime, but one where perhaps the Chronograph hands actually move and are not painted on :D

Well, what did I expect for £1.99 :D

Wouldnt even want a super detailed replica, a cheap one would do me as long as it worked well. Even dare I say quartz rather than an automatic movement, at least I wont have to wind it.

48407000971_420c96f33b_b.jpg

Eddie1

I have posted this in another thread as well, as I am interested in possibly getting hold of a cheap clone of it (but better than my Christmas Cracker version obviously :)). Apparently, I've been told that they are available in just automatic versions where the chronograph sub dials move via pushers, this would keep costs down I would imagine than having a real high end chron rep.

And just to be clear and not offend too much with my really bad cheap copy here, here's a photo of the real deal.

17810349_1_640.jpg

Edited by Eddie1

BadApple

Get an A7750 version with proper working dials you tight arse.

Eddie1
23 minutes ago, Badapple said:

Get an A7750 version with proper working dials you tight arse.

Lol!

No I cant, that would break the curse of me being a tight arse. Plus I like being one.

Its not just that but I hate having things I have to worry about, and for something I would wear to perhaps the occasional night out, weddings, interviews and funerals (thankfully I don't attend many of the latter) I really don't see the point.

You see how tight arses are good at reasoning and making rational excuses for not spending money :D

So always looking for the best cheapest copy ;)

Eddie1
2 minutes ago, Badapple said:

Get on the Gate - a good few on there..... 

Excuse my noob'ness. What is, Gate? I'm interested!

BADBILLY

Related imageThe Gate

Eddie1
1 hour ago, Badapple said:

Thank you. Now you are really talking my tight arse language :D

Shame they didn't have the black face in that link though. But I will forage further ! ;)

33 minutes ago, BADBILLY said:

Related imageThe Gate

And yes, the gates of hell for some of you Watch'ophiles :D

BadApple
54 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Thank you. Now you are really talking my tight arse language :D

Shame they didn't have the black face in that link though. But I will forage further ! ;)

And yes, the gates of hell for some of you Watch'ophiles :D

There are two black face options - see the colour selection bit 

3d7ec42203ef2b808e7c9f160f379c9c.png

Eddie1
10 minutes ago, Badapple said:

There are two black face options - see the colour selection bit 

3d7ec42203ef2b808e7c9f160f379c9c.png

Yeah, I did flick through those, but they look blue to me. Unless its just the reflection or I'm missing something else.

I did find another even closer to the one I wanted on that site though, but can the tight arse stretch is the question? :D It does look good.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-luxury-mens-watch-iw-371446-portugal/472460517.html?skuid=604443225188159494#s2-8-1;searl|4279852836

Never even knew that site existed, looks a bit Aliexpress, which I have used, but with a better selection of watches available.

BadApple
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

Yeah, I did flick through those, but they look blue to me. Unless its just the reflection or I'm missing something else.

I did find another even closer to the one I wanted on that site though, but can the tight arse stretch is the question? :D It does look good.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-luxury-mens-watch-iw-371446-portugal/472460517.html?skuid=604443225188159494#s2-8-1;searl|4279852836

Never even knew that site existed, looks a bit Aliexpress, which I have used, but with a better selection of watches available.

Only look blue because of AR on glass !!!

Eddie1
6 hours ago, Badapple said:

Only look blue because of AR on glass !!!

Sorry to be a bellend again but, AR? So you think it is actually a black face then with no blue tint if its seen in reality.  

Glaude
9 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Sorry to be a bellend again but, AR?

Not a bellend, this is a hard term to research because it's short.

AR = Anti Reflective

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-reflective_coating

Eddie1
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Not a bellend, this is a hard term to research because it's short.

AR = Anti Reflective

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-reflective_coating

Ah ok, thank you.

The other one I found didnt have any reflection, slightly diferent spec but double the price, be interesting to know what it would be like in real life. Black faces I like, but Ive seen watches in the past with a blue tint before and wasnt really keen on the look, just rather have the clear glass.