avc0002

Ordered a semi custom rubber nato

avc0002

This is my first post in what feels like years. 

I still read a ton about watches and still consume lots of watch stuff out there but don't post a lot anymore. 

but I just ordered a sweet sort or custom rubber nato and want to share it with fellow watch people. 

I'm a member on WUS but I still like this forum more. 

I learned basically everything I know from RWG so thanks for that. 

I know no one cares about my story but I've basically moved on completely from reps but still like it here. 

I still have a rep PO I got in 2012 that I broke because I either screwed the crown in too tight or it just broke and the crown will not screw back in. 

onto my new strap. 

found a guy online Yellowdog Watch straps. no sure if anyone has heard of him or if he's a member on here. 

but he makes rubber & leather natos. 

I opted for a rubber nato because I've been scuba diving a lot lately and want something I can sweat in and get wet. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/yellowdogwatchstraps

I ordered the Tropic nato he makes with some modifications. 

this is the one he currently makes. 

235e95e3-4674-4d75-805e-3f99320692ed-ori

I made up a little sketch in microsoft paint to show the hole spacing I'd like because his look a little wider than I'd like and the holes on his strap stop when the clasp holes start which bugs the hell out of me for some weird reason. 

the top one is the current setup of the holes on his strap and the bottom is the setup I ordered. 

aec7c2c9-dd6f-4766-8a6f-e47ab42ceb1b-ori

He's UK based and I'm in the US so it probably wont show up for another week or two so hopefully I remember to update the photos with the actual strap when it gets here but I'm not going to commit to it when it does because its nice out here in New Hampshire. 

oh yeah. also, I opted for the slimmer hardware so it will not be those bug loop keepers. it will be the slimmer hardware like in this photo. 

658215a6-8dfc-4a24-a082-41cd0714faa3-ori

Edited by avc0002

judas9r

Hi. I've been hankering for one of these yellow dog rubber NATO's for some time, how do you rate your's? I worry that it'll feel a little unnatural in the way it sits. Let us know how you feel about it. Cheers.

avc0002
13 hours ago, judas9r said:

Hi. I've been hankering for one of these yellow dog rubber NATO's for some time, how do you rate your's? I worry that it'll feel a little unnatural in the way it sits. Let us know how you feel about it. Cheers.

It's fantastic man. the height with the double pass-through took a few days getting used to. but you can have him make it with a single pass-through to reduce it. I scuba dive and surf with mine on so I wanted the extra protection if a spring bar popped off. the material is really soft and has some flex to it so it feels great. 

perfect for summertime because you can still wear a nato, get sweaty or go swimming and it wont stink or stay wet. 

also he'll do whatever length you tell him. I cant think of a better deal at like 45 bucks shipped for something hand made. 

and he'll laser engrave whatever you want on there as well so you can get your name or phone number engraved on there. 

I'm traveling for work at the moment but when I get back I'm going to order one for a buddy of mine and probably an additional one for another watch I have.