Mark3t

Delivery and tracking problem from TD

Mark3t

I'm looking for helpful advice. I don't want to put a TD on blast.

I ordered a watch from a TD and had excellent interactions. The watch was shipped promptly to Los Angeles. However, the tracking statement has read,

"Inbound Into Customs -> Your item is being processed by United States Customs."

for more than three weeks.

When I contacted the TD, they told me that they would not be responsible for customs seizure, and that I should order and pay for a new watch.  Fair enough, I guess, though very disappointing.  I'm really in no position to pay double price for a watch by re-ordering, and not particularly confident to do so.

I was able to contact US Customs this week however, and was assured that the package had not been held, and was instead passed to the USPS delivery service. I then called USPS, who advised me that a tracking inquiry should be started, but that it must be initiated BY THE SENDER. I have asked the TD to do this, and they have not responded. If they do so, I believe that I would likely have luck enough to receive the original watch.

I would sincerely appreciate help from more experienced forum members.

Please feel free to answer me in a direct message, and not on the public boards, to protect the TD from negative publicity.

FudgyDocker

I don't know of any of our TDs (that aren't on suspension) that would say that they aren't responsible for seizure, and to buy another watch. There were a couple that that were offering 'wholesale prices', where it was made clear that if the shipment was seized, tough shit, so it may be one of those. You seem to have found the need to post this in 'scams', so unless you want to discuss this publically, I suggest you DM a mod to help. 

Mark3t

Thank you, I appreciate your help. If this wasn't the right place to post, I apologize. It seemed to be the place where others had posted similar notes. I'll try to figure out which mods would be the right ones to chat with. 

mysterio

Not sure why a TD would respond in that manner, unless you contradicted their recommended method of shipment (which is to avoid customs seizure).  In that very specific case, they might not accept any responsibility but this should have been clarified before the package was ever shipped so that the buyer can reconsider.

Mark3t

I'm still a newbie. Can anyone direct me to a list of moderators. as suggested by FudgyDocker?

In answer to mysterio, I followed all of the TD's guidelines for shipment.

I want for all of this to have a happy and soft landing.

SCShrek
2 hours ago, Mark3t said:

I'm still a newbie. Can anyone direct me to a list of moderators. as suggested by FudgyDocker?

In answer to mysterio, I followed all of the TD's guidelines for shipment.

I want for all of this to have a happy and soft landing.

Mods are in blue at the bottom of the main page. 

Jibuti
6 hours ago, SCShrek said:

Mods are in blue at the bottom of the main page. 

Mods just love things like these....

GingerApple

Who was the TD?

BadPickle
3 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Who was the TD?

:facepalm: 

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:facepalm: 

Is this charades? Do I have to guess based on your emojis? If so, I'm going to guess Toro.

Chavezzito
3 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Who was the TD?

OP first sentence... :lol:

13 hours ago, Mark3t said:

I'm looking for helpful advice. I don't want to put a TD on blast.

BadPickle
1 minute ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Is this charades? Do I have to guess based on your emojis? If so, I'm going to guess Toro.

If we’re guessing then.... i’ll guess @MrTimeZone :rofl: 

is he/she/genderneutral/ a dealer here again or has TB99 given him the Spanish Archer? 

When i’ve had my pork pie and mushy pies for lunch i’ll see if I can dig up the old thread and abuse him/her/it some more :giggle: 

GingerApple

I saw that. I also chose to ignore that.

OP, who was the TD?

How can people NOT want to know who it was? My gut instinct is it's not a TD. But if it is, I want to know who refuses to ship after a customs seizure so I don't use them. 

BadPickle
3 minutes ago, Chavezzito said:

OP first sentence... :lol:

That’s kinda why I facepalmed the prick 

@TheFreckledTampon

GingerApple
Just now, pickledbeetroot said:

When i’ve had my pork pie and mushy pies for lunch i’ll see if I can dig up the old thread and abuse him/her/it some more :giggle: 

:rofl:

BadPickle
1 minute ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

I saw that. I also choose to ignore that.

OP, who was the TD?

How can people NOT want to know who it was? My gut instinct is it's not a TD. But if it is, I want to know who refuses to ship after a customs seizure so I don't use them. 

it hasn’t been seized yet now has it, time for you to buy new readers old boy... 

Chavezzito
5 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

That’s kinda why I facepalmed the prick 

@TheFreckledTampon

Smart men are born in March ;)

brang1

best thing about this thread is the mention of Pork Pie and Mushy Peas 

GingerApple
13 hours ago, Mark3t said:

When I contacted the TD, they told me that they would not be responsible for customs seizure, and that I should order and pay for a new watch.

Maybe I'm being stupid, but that sounds to me that the TD won't reship, even if seized.

On another note Pickle, what's a plumber likely to charge for a new immersion heater, new (big) tank and fitting? Approx. 

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, brang1 said:

best thing about this thread is the mention of Pork Pie and Mushy Peas 

I’d post a pic but you’ll need to wait til tomorrow now ;) :dog-pooping:

4 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Maybe I'm being stupid, but that sounds to me that the TD won't reship, even if seized.

Op might have bought wholesale = no reship 

11 minutes ago, Chavezzito said:

:thumbsup:

BadPickle
5 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

On another note Pickle, what's a plumber likely to charge for a new immersion heater, new (big) tank and fitting? Approx. 

Too many variables, for me to price that, you should start your own thread :lol: 

brang1

no, i think the BEFORE thought is a lot better, Of to the British Butcher tomorrow now to snapple a couple of Pork Pies ... not going to stop thinking bout 'em now

3 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’d post a pic but you’ll need to wait til tomorrow now ;) :dog-pooping:

Op might have bought wholesale = no reship 

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Too many variables, for me to price that, you should start your own thread :lol: 

FFS :facepalm:

Roughly. Approximately. £200 either side.

Something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/rm-cylinders-indirect-copper-cylinder-117ltr-900-x-450mm/47140

Plus the heating element/s, plus fitting in an easy access airing cupboard. Approximately. Roughly. Ball park.

Jibuti
25 minutes ago, Chavezzito said:

beware of march ides....

BadPickle

It’s only a days work for a man and his lad, so probably somewhere around £1000..

200 for the tank 40quid for element, 100 for a new pump, bits of pipes and fittings say another 100quid, 450labour  = a bag of sand all in, bit more of the loft tank isn’t bylaw 30, needs a lid and spiderscreen etc so you don’t get legionella.

@TheFreckledTampon