bananakid0

HELP: AP Diver 9.5 vs Carbon vs Ceramic?

Chavezzito

Oh man...thats a thought one, I've had both and it all comes down to weight and which color you like. 

For me the ceramic looks really great and I like heavy watches too. 

bananakid0
23 minutes ago, Chavezzito said:

Oh man...thats a thought one, I've had both and it all comes down to weight and which color you like. 

For me the ceramic looks really great and I like heavy watches too. 

Thanks for the response - in terms of the quality of rep (closeness to gen)

Are the carbon/ceramic on par?

GenTLe

Oh boy, stop to be obsessed about"closeness to gen", ANYONE that knows those watches will NOT believe they are real anyway, unless you're wearing them while jumping out of your Ferrari or Porsche.

Chavezzito
1 hour ago, bananakid0 said:

Thanks for the response - in terms of the quality of rep (closeness to gen)

Are the carbon/ceramic on par?

No idea, I had some positive comments from people that know the brand but don't own the watches. 

bananakid0

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dv8

I personally prefer the look of Ceramics over Carbon.

Mr_B

I'd go for carbon, I had the roo 44mm and the carbon on it was awesome, sort of iridescent in some light. Ceramic has a tendency to chip which would be a disaster for me. 

bananakid0

Thanks for the feedback

CurioLeo

Good thing with carbon is that no two watches are exactly the same so inherently difficult to compare.  I understand both options are a pretty solid choice for a high quality replica.

However, with either the ceramic or carbon, "close to gen" comes down to how "close" you are to legitimately owning a gen $40k USD watch .  Almost no one ever buys an AP as their first or only watch, and if by some miracle they did, it almost certainly wouldn't be a ceramic or carbon diver.  Therefore ,someone wearing a gen version of either of those watches probably  has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in a watch collection i.e if you can't pull off being a legitimate millionaire, you don't need to worry so much about pulling off these watches as gen.

• Like 1

Realism

OP, buy what sings to you...

The only watchout for... is that Carbon is very brittle, once you get a nick... you'd have to replace an entire case... it can't be refinished...

The same goes with Ceramics... however... they are prone to structure damages only in the most extreme cases...

https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/ceramic-carbon-and-other-modern-watch-materials-2-p_5384/#gref

bananakid0

Thanks

ed kent

2556-CBD2-126-E-48-F9-9540-4-DC15790652-

I have the v1 Ceramic with prof Crystal I picked up on m2m and it’s absolutely stunning..it’s my daily wearer and my second favourite rep ever!

Jasonbaylee
2556-CBD2-126-E-48-F9-9540-4-DC15790652-E.jpg

I have the v1 Ceramic with prof Crystal I picked up on m2m and it’s absolutely stunning..it’s my daily wearer and my second favourite rep ever!

How u feel about the “scratches” on the ceramic? Totally scratch proof?

ed kent
8 hours ago, Jasonbaylee said:

How u feel about the “scratches” on the ceramic? Totally scratch proof?

I’ll let you know when I get one...it does benefit from  a warm wash with a bit of soapy water and wipe with a soft cloth but looks beautiful :Love:

• Like 1

Jasonbaylee

Thank you Realism & Ed Kent

zoiks
On 06/08/2019 at 08:47, CurioLeo said:

Good thing with carbon is that no two watches are exactly the same so inherently difficult to compare.  I understand both options are a pretty solid choice for a high quality replica.

However, with either the ceramic or carbon, "close to gen" comes down to how "close" you are to legitimately owning a gen $40k USD watch .  Almost no one ever buys an AP as their first or only watch, and if by some miracle they did, it almost certainly wouldn't be a ceramic or carbon diver.  Therefore ,someone wearing a gen version of either of those watches probably  has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in a watch collection i.e if you can't pull off being a legitimate millionaire, you don't need to worry so much about pulling off these watches as gen.

well said! 

Pseudorep

I personally have the carbon and think it's great. You get the FC case so it's a bit lighter and then a ceramic bezel so no worries about scratches or dents on the area that's most susceptible to it.

Best of both worlds.