Chiquita Fanjita

IR Factory Rolex Submariner 116610 LN Review

Chiquita Fanjita

Following on from my IR Factory Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller Deep Blue “James Cameron” 116600 review, we now have the 116610 LN Submariner to take a look over.

F486-A753-3684-43-C0-BFBF-241-CF3236-E0-

Again, starting with the basics, this Sub measures in at 40mm with a 13mm thickness and runs the old faithful ETA 2826-2 movement per the DSSD.  Also the like DSSD, the bracelet and case are in 316F stainless steel, again skipping over on 904L steel.  The price for this, comes in at around $310 from your favourite TD, which is very competitively priced.

F5489-C6-B-B5-A8-4-EA1-A7-C3-0-FA90-DCF4

Unlike the DSSD, the Submariner has more good points and very few bad points.

Let’s start with the bad (or not so good) points and get them out the way. 

OK, the bezel engraving could be very slightly deeper, although it is a lot better than their DSSD, and if I’m honest is perfectly adequate, but thought I would mention it for those that are really anal.  However, like the DSSD the colour of the font is white.  I am struggling to find any platinum or silvery sheen from the font at all.

3638-DE0-D-6-C0-F-42-FF-96-AB-342-BF00-F

Talking of fonts, the ROLEX engraving on the rehaut is rather bold as opposed to being quite subtle.  You definitely notice its there.  Don’t get me wrong, the engraving is very good and nicely lines up with the minute markers, but just seems a little too deep.  Despite everything lining up nicely on the rehaut, the last two digits of the serial number are offset to the top slightly which might just be a flaw on the version we received.

432062-A1-19-D0-48-C9-BFF1-BCB1-B8-D68-B

3395-ECF1-0-D7-B-4-B17-8-B93-D3-BDA714-A

There are some very slightly sharper edges on the bracelet, but nothing that is going to slit your wrist while wearing it and doesn’t make it any less comfortable to wear.

Now we move on to the good points.  (I told you there weren’t many bad points)

First off, there aren’t nearly as many protective stickers as were on their DSSD, and what there was on the Sub, came off nice and easily with no sticky residue left over – Hallelujah!

9645-CE2-A-981-E-45-CE-84-DE-727779-ECF7

They have got the pearl bang on with the Submariner, and looks great sitting nicely centred in the bezel which clicks beautifully when rotating and feels solid with no wobble or looseness.

4590-C804-F514-4733-B1-E1-7-FF7-F9945822

The dial and DWO seem to be something the IR factory have got on top of straight from the off, and like the DSSD, they have done a great job with the dial.  Although it is very good, there is nothing to dramatically set it apart from any of the other factories.  The DWO is again excellent with a nice font and is perfectly centred with the cyclops on the sapphire crystal also nicely aligned and giving a good magnification.  Talking of the crystal, the LEC is obvious and noticeable in certain angles.

19767-F8-C-A170-4-F20-91-F3-8-C3-FBAF9-E

A8045-EF6-B169-489-C-9-A24-B427-C7-FD2-D

DCF1-BB42-1-E77-49-E3-B664-D17-B25-B6123

The crown also has nice crisp detailing and winds nice and smoothly.

77961873-436-E-48-C3-89-AE-250043-F08-B1

As I mentioned on the DSSD review, the bracelet was one of its best features, and again with the Submariner the bracelet is fantastic.

Granted I had mentioned earlier that there were some slightly sharp edges, but these are easily overlooked when you notice that the brushed steel has a lovely brushed grain and has a fantastic tight SEL fitment.

7-EA59-D51-2-C3-E-4-ADD-B69-F-04-A943131

All the clasp engraving is again excellent and nice and sharp and crisp.  The only criticism is the coronet on the over retainer.  If you look closely at it, it appears as if there is glue that has splurged out from under it or some bad welding when it has been fitted.  Despite this, the bracelet is again a triumph for the IR factory.

B2-FCEEEA-EB33-4824-8-C26-168-D04-E09-EC

8-E93-A930-BA92-492-D-977-A-D32-E41-DB69

3-FB5-A72-C-A899-42-C8-8-CAD-F57-C8-A46-

I could go further into detail about case and crown guard shape, but for the quality at the price that this is being sold for, there really is no better bang for your buck.  There are too many good points to outweigh the bad, and what faults that are evident are easily forgiven when you consider the good points and especially the price. 

I reckon that a v2 of this with the minor flaws ironed out, and still at the same price point, will take a lot of sales away from the other factories that produce the Submariner -  Noob, ARF, BP etc., look out – IR are coming!

• Like 1

Jimmyrich1

Another great review !! I'm learning a lot from your posts. Thanks a lot :thumbsup: 

Genius

I still dont understand why rep factories are still attempting the double line rehaut engraving that noob brought in with the V7 it almost always looks a bit crap.  They should have just stuck with the matrix laser engraved much easier to get the gen like finish 

Chiquita Fanjita
10 minutes ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

Another great review !! I'm learning a lot from your posts. Thanks a lot :thumbsup: 

You're welcome :D 

4 minutes ago, Genius said:

I still dont understand why rep factories are still attempting the double line rehaut engraving that noob brought in with the V7 it almost always looks a bit crap.  They should have just stuck with the matrix laser engraved much easier to get the gen like finish 

Defo mate.  When look closely at it, the detailing is really good, but it just doesn't look right.  It's too bold and in your face.

NCRich

Thanks!  Great review.

Rokerite

Nice review watch looks fine in your pictures. You noted the bracelet being a bit sharp, I notice the bracelet has the same code "ST9" on the inside of the clasp as the Noob V7/8/9, so is probably made by the same part factory Noob uses. Maybe you just got a rough one :D

Howitzer
2 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

we now have the 116610 LB Submariner to take a look over.

I know you're obsessed with the Bluesy Andy, and I'm no expert on Rolex, but I think this one might be an LN..... ;)  

Great review as always though, and makes me want a Sub again. I just wish I got on with the bloody things! 

MAJ75

More quality content for the site @Chiquita Fanjita a well constructed & detailed review.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with the group, I'm sure many will find it useful in the decision making process.

Patu

Great review and excellent photos.  The engraving “double” line Rolex lettering  is the issue.  

Sigg

Great review, many thanks. That is a very very good looking Sub for the price.  Great Pics too, cheers

Chiquita Fanjita
3 hours ago, Howitzer said:

I know you're obsessed with the Bluesy Andy, and I'm no expert on Rolex, but I think this one might be an LN..... ;)  

:lol: you’re right mate. I’ve amended it now. At least I didn’t call it a 116613 :D 

simey83

That looks excellent, especially for the price! Reps are getting out of hand now with their prices. Nice to see something good and reasonable.

Thanks

Theviking

Great review, the platinum insert does look between silver and off-white in the photos. Is it really as bad as you say? Looks perfect to me.

Intresting

@Chiquita Fanjita  thanks for this great review.   Do you have some comments of the IR 116610 LV with regards to the bezel, colour etc?   Thanks

• Like 1

Haantjes

Great review. Very informative. Nice watch, great pictures.

Chiquita Fanjita
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

@Chiquita Fanjita  thanks for this great review.   Do you have some comments of the IR 116610 LV with regards to the bezel, colour etc?   Thanks

I don't.  I only got the 116610LN to review, I've not seen the LV.

Mike R

Great review, I wish more factories would follow IR’s lead by producing great reps but stay in that $300 price point

To me that’s the sweet spot on how much to spend on a rep.

Thank you :clap:

• Like 2

Enzedel

Does Trusty carry this watch?