The_Proctometrist

watch repair people are only human so don't be a twat noob...

Rokerite

There's an old saying amongst trades. "You are not paying me for what I do, you are paying me for what I know" :D

The_Proctometrist
46 minutes ago, Logixa said:

Yeah, please move on kid would  the watchmaker say :rofl: 

thanks and this kid yields to your knowledge & expertise.  so which hemorrhoid cream do you recommend? bear in mind i haven't had a solid stool in 5 years. The choices are:

hem7.jpghem9.jpghem6.jpghem2.jpghem4.jpg

Edited by mmjmmj

splke
3 hours ago, black263 said:

6 moderators.  :decapcheer:

:lmao:   Genius you win at the Internet :lol:

Logixa

@mmjmmj ah man I tried them all. They dont work. I actually ended up using this one, its far more effective

Image result for dildozer

Its funny how you first start your post bashing on basically all watchmakers and saying everybody does not know what they are talking about in regards to SA movements and shit. And within no time you change your title, edit your text and go sarcastic on peoples comments :rofl:

:finger:

Joeboy

Stupid question maybe, but depending on the issue could I just by a replacement movement from my TD and get my watch maker to fit it?

Does this work out financially? Probably not but there seems little point getting reps serviced so it may be an alternative to launching them over the fence.

Logixa
2 minutes ago, Joeboy said:

Stupid question maybe, but depending on the issue could I just by a replacement movement from my TD and get my watch maker to fit it?

Does this work out financially? Probably not but there seems little point getting reps serviced so it may be an alternative to launching them over the fence.

Technically yes but it only works like this:

All SA/SH/VR movements are direct swaps.

Depends on your watchmaker if works on rep as a principle thing. 1 tip, buy the VR version, these are serviced out of the factory. Costs for a new movement is 150-200 approx. Servicing is 100-150 approx. So if you can buy the VR for 160-ish, its a good deal.

The_Proctometrist
35 minutes ago, Logixa said:

@mmjmmj ah man I tried them all. They dont work. I actually ended up using this one, its far more effective

Image result for dildozer

Its funny how you first start your post bashing on basically all watchmakers and saying everybody does not know what they are talking about in regards to SA movements and shit. And within no time you change your title, edit your text and go sarcastic on peoples comments :rofl:

:finger:

i sincerely apologize if i offended you.  i had to change the title of this post because i really am a twat and it needed to be said.  and i have to keep editing my posts because i keep discovering spelling mistakes after the fact (damn canadian public education system!).  and i'm not "go" sarcastic, i am just annoying which is a canadian cultural trait. i don't have the brain power to be sarcastic and it took me three tries to spell it,  please limit your cruelty of the disabled (idiot category, not legally recognized at the moment) and develop some cultural sensitivity .  finally, marijuana has been legalized in canada and .........would some pick up that god damn phone . also, i know you know about which hemorrhoid cream is the best and you are just being selfish by withholding it. 

Edited by mmjmmj
i can't spell and am not very bright

Logixa

haha relax dude, im a moron too :rofl: ask the fat-red-fuck

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, Logixa said:

haha relax dude, im a moron too :rofl: ask the fat-red-fuck

Santa knows your a moron?

Logixa
22 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Yes, him too

deju
25 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

He never said the jolly fat red fuck.... :rofl:

Joeboy
1 hour ago, Logixa said:

Technically yes but it only works like this:

All SA/SH/VR movements are direct swaps.

Depends on your watchmaker if works on rep as a principle thing. 1 tip, buy the VR version, these are serviced out of the factory. Costs for a new movement is 150-200 approx. Servicing is 100-150 approx. So if you can buy the VR for 160-ish, its a good deal.

Cheers for the reply. My watch maker will work on them providing:

I get the parts - which works with replacement movements 

No guarantees 

I pay whatever

Great tip on the movement type to source initially, appreciate that.

But you know what, to me it’s just a bit of fun and the less time spent worrying about servicing etc. the better, save that for your gens, your car or your Mrs!

hanski

FFS you al sound like consumer zombies! Buy into the idea that it’s always better to buy new?! You’re just wrapped around China’s little pinky finger. 

The OP’s watchmaker is right, we should value the things we have and put in the skill/effort to fix them. It shouldn’t cost less to buy new - consider the time and resources required to produce new compared with repairing. You have all the imbedded resources to make the machines, factories, tools, people, widgets, transcontinental shipping , etc. While in the case of the repairman, it’s one person with a few tools. 

Oh, and 4 hrs to service? I call BS. Case and point  - I (a layman hobbyist at best) was able to dissemble, clean, inspect, oil, reassemble, and regulate a 2824 in 2.5 hrs. I had to take breaks to confirm my oil charts, etc. I’m not trying to toot my own horn but rather demonstrate that a professional, trained watchmaker should be able to do this much quicker than me. Not to mention a portion of that time is parts cycling through a cleaning machine (not me, mine is a manual ultrasonic machine). I suppose all watchmakers must be trained in the ancient horological art of BS - hahahaha. 

The_Proctometrist
46 minutes ago, hanski said:

The OP’s watchmaker is right, we should value the things we have and put in the skill/effort to fix them.

while i agree with you, i must say in fairness to the half-wits who try to be witty (shshshsh it's because they're english), they were upset because the op was stereotyping an entire group of people the "watch-repairers".    @BenjaminButton was so upset he was almost coherent, my god!!!  these "jerks" as the stupid noob op called them came to the shores of our great land with the same dreams and aspirations as the rest of us and should be afforded the right to integrate into our great society just like everybody else.  they should also be allowed to practice their wizardry and not be subject to any formal training because that's your expectation not theirs.  they don't deserve to be called "jerks" by some hillbilly canadian (shshshsh it must be because he's also english). i realize now how racist i was being by stereotyping all watch-repairers as "jerks."  i deserve nothing short of being banned from this site but if allowed to stay, i will take classes in new age political correctness so I can learn how wrong it is to discriminate against an entire group of people.  the "watch-repairers" are good hard working people.  the  stupid twat op was also guilty of insulting the ancient religion of watch-tinkering and calling out the SA 3135 haters in their midst.  big no no, this insults the sensibilities of their high priestesses. while  not racist watch-tinkering is a feminized religion practiced for eons and slandering women is not permitted in this #metoo era.

Edited by mmjmmj
not cool enough

The_Proctometrist

wow, it appalls me, what an ass i am.   i'm going to start snorting my ritalin from now on perhaps that will help...

GingerApple

Are you Onionbag in disguise OP!!?!

GenTLe
6 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

What the fuck have I just seen!!!!!!!

Literally what is going on there!!?!

Search for "Orchitis" on google. Those are pretty bad ones...

The_Proctometrist
1 minute ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Are you Onionbag in disguise OP!!?!

no but i like the name but for someone like me douchebag is probably more fitting

Jimmyrich1
19 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

i'm going to start snorting my ritalin from now on perhaps that will help...

Stick some Beatles on  :bananarider:Help soothe your forum stresses away 

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Search for "Orchitis" on google. Those are pretty bad ones...

I don't think I want to....

Jimmyrich1
9 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

I don't think I want to....

Don't do it... I did and am now scarred 

FWQUcvS.jpg

stevok2305

My friendly watch guy is tolerant of me trying to wedge in the odd rep for him to repair, but thats only because a. i've known him years and b.  I also take him a few interesting gens to play with.  This guy has the knowledge to make virtually any replacement part BUT the cost of his time end expertise far outweighs the feasibility  of him doing so. Especially if you saw what he usually has at any one time on his workbench (he does a lot of work for local high end jewellers) Rollies, Pams, APs and loads of others.  Yes any rep CAN be repaired but isit really worth him taking 3 or 4 hours making something which would cost as much in man hours as it would to just replace the whole movement.

Logixa

@mmjmmj you're a fucked up lunatic schizophrenic with some serious issues...

I like you. Welcome to the club :thumbsup: you will fit in perfectly on rwg

The_Proctometrist
2 hours ago, Logixa said:

@mmjmmj you're a fucked up lunatic schizophrenic with some serious issues...

I like you. Welcome to the club :thumbsup: you will fit in perfectly on rwg

i thought you were a proctologist?  however, i am still impressed because in addition to tinkering with nearly 70 reps you have also taken up psychiatry.   

Edited by mmjmmj
took out them fightin words

Flinnt

Cool threads man. 

So I began next door where every fucker says you absolutely must have your new rep serviced straight away. My 3 braincells got together for a beer and thought ‘you know what, fuck that. I can have a cheap rep for the price of a service and a bloody good rep with change in my pocket for 2 services.’ So I bought some more reps. 

As I become attached to said reps I’m realising that when they get all religious and thinking maybe the afterlife will be a good place for them, this dark souls gonna practice his surgical skills on them and trap them to a mortal eternity, or more likely destroy their souls for good and then just put a new one in Pet Cemetary style. 

Learning on a badly put together poorly designed machine with shitty little parts will be nostalgic. Remind me of learning to work on cars with my English made first car. :ozflag:

But hey I loved that car like I love my reps. Something about poorly designed, badly executed innards draws me in. And I think I found my answer as to how I ended up here with you guys after wandering over from next door.