The_Proctometrist

watch repair people are only human so don't be a twat noob...

The_Proctometrist
2 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Learning on a badly put together poorly designed machine with shitty little parts will be nostalgic. Remind me of learning to work on cars with my English made first car. :ozflag:

good on ya mate, remember the caseback twists  off in the other direction in the southern hemisphere...

Flinnt
1 minute ago, mmjmmj said:

good on ya mate, remember the caseback twists  off in the other direction in the southern hemisphere...

That’s why the pretend watchmaker nearby wouldn’t open my first rep for me. Didn’t know which way to turn it. 

I took my first rep, an OMF speedy to the nearby mall kiosk ‘pretend to be a watch repairer, but actually only replace batteries’ place and asked him to just open the case back for me on my Chinese rep. No work, just open the case back. 

He replied, in a demonstration of his prowess, ‘no way. It’s likely that movement will fall straight out and the pieces will go everywhere.’

Ummmm, don’t turn it upside down?, I said. 

‘No way. Stuff may just come flying out’, like actual little gremlins run this watch.

Well only unscrew it a half turn for me, I say. 

‘No Way’

So I found some sticky rubber instead and opened it to find a very nice ST-19 clean and even oiled. 

So I know about jerks, but he ain’t a watchmaker. Couldn’t quite get 3 braincells together. Thinks being in Aus means things will just fall off the earth. ‘It’s true, look at this globe and tell me we’re not upside down.’

The_Proctometrist
10 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Thinks being in Aus means things will just fall off the earth. ‘It’s true, look at this globe and tell me we’re not upside down.’

i hear you, my wife is from ballarat and following this logic i have been trying to mount her from the opposite end for 30 years.

GingerApple
15 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

i hear you, my wife is from ballarat and following this logic i have been trying to mount her from the opposite end for 30 years.

You owe me 15 minutes of my life.

I was like, 'Hmmm, where Ballarat? Let's Google....'

I then found it and thought, 'Hmmm, looks nice. I could live there. Maybe I'll retire there. I wonder what house prices are like...'

So then I searched for various houses, found one I like, discovered that the real estate agents do a monthly video blog thing (which is worth having a peek at - freaky, but mildly entertaining and they're clearly fucking each other I reckon) - anyway, as I said, 15 minutes of my life gone like that, boom.

You owe me fucker.

Estate agent video:

FudgyDocker

My god, how could you watch all of that, @TheFreckledTampon?? I got 3 minutes in, and had to turn it off. I would rather masturbate with a fistful of broken glass than watch all of that video!!

The_Proctometrist
28 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

You owe me fucker.

sorry about that old boy, but i think ballarat lost its lovely and has become very suburban anyways.  on the plus side there aren't too many places as charming as Sovereign Hill, i shit my pants there once.  i prefer adelaide for the shops and the pokies. the beaches are nice too but i'm concerned the that if i stay outside to long, i will burst into flames.  south australia has fewer of those new south wales assholes as well.  love the video and everyone you meet will be just like that, can't explain it, kind of german.

Edited by mmjmmj
i had very bad wind

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

My god, how could you watch all of that, @TheFreckledTampon?? I got 3 minutes in, and had to turn it off.

Oh no, the 15 minutes I wasted was from reading about Ballarat on Wikipedia, then having a look at pictures of the area, then looking at houses. I only managed to watch about a minute of that video. They are definitely shagging though.

17 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

i shit my pants there once.

Thank you for your candour.

The_Proctometrist
24 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

They are definitely shagging though.

you are clearly very perceptive for catching that. however, the look of self-loathing in his eyes is more indicative that the woman is pegging him and he is worried his beer league rugby mates with find out.   

Flinnt
56 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

south australia has fewer of those new south wales assholes as well.  

What’s wrong with NSW...except the fact it’s full of assholes, is a complete nanny state and the pubs/clubs all close at 6pm because the Premier says all good boys and girls should be in bed by then...it’s great. 

The_Proctometrist
28 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

What’s wrong with NSW...except the fact it’s full of assholes, is a complete nanny state and the pubs/clubs all close at 6pm because the Premier says all good boys and girls should be in bed by then...it’s great. 

the heat my good boy, the heat! that humid oppressive heat.   what do you think we english men are made of space age rubber? teflon? aluminium?   in addition, south australia has the crows who are vastly superior and will take it this year. and less offensive dry heat...

Edited by mmjmmj
horrible anal leakage