Mrluwin

Mr Luwin's collection

Mrluwin

Glad you like the collection!

Mine is actually the grey dial must be the lighting on the pic making it look darker

The TD’s all pretty much have access to the same factories and stock so my advice would be to do a bit of homework on the forums and send a few mails around to the dealers until you find one that you get on with, trust and feel happy to do business with

museguy
8 hours ago, Mrluwin said:

Glad you like the collection!

Mine is actually the grey dial must be the lighting on the pic making it look darker

The TD’s all pretty much have access to the same factories and stock so my advice would be to do a bit of homework on the forums and send a few mails around to the dealers until you find one that you get on with, trust and feel happy to do business with

Dear @Mrluwin thank you for your patience with my questions !

By "grey" is your watch the "Dark Rhodium"

Edited by museguy
Clarification

Mrluwin

Yep that’s the one 

Mrluwin

Hi @museguy, I did get mine from trustytime and I went for the 2824 in 904L

The datewheel font on the 3135 ARF subs is way too bold, and although I am no expert on movements I believe that the 2824 is more reliable and easy to service. I’m very happy with that watch, I never used to be a huge submariner fan but felt I should have one in the collection as they are so iconic but find myself wearing it very regularly 

Edited by Mrluwin
Grammar
  • Like 1

FudgyDocker
5 hours ago, museguy said:

I see three versions; 3135,  Asia 2824-2 904L steel and Asia 2824-2 in 316F steel which did you purchase ?

28xx for Rolex , all the way! No question on that. What's the point in having a full clone movement in a closed case back watch? Also, the 28xx are easy to repair and replace (and a hell of a lot cheaper), if they go wrong.

museguy

Hi @Mrluwin,

The more I learn, the more impressed I am by your collection ! Thank you for the feedback on the Asian 3135 ARF vs the Asian 2824, very helpful.

I am looking into the ARF Rolex Oyster Perpetual from Andrew and I only see the watch listed with the Asia Clone 3132 movement.  Did you order your watch with the Asia Clone 3132 or is there an Asian 2824 model of the ARF Rolex Oyster Perpetual ?  

All the best. 

Mrluwin

I think that question would be better directed at a TD!
But I’m not aware of arf using a 28xx movement in this model the one I got was SH3132

Edited by Mrluwin

mysterio

Your collection is off to a great start but it's missing a Panerai. :D

Mrluwin

I do like the look of a lot of the Panerai watches but haven’t done too much research into them, I’m sure one will find its way into my collection at some point

Genius
On 17/08/2019 at 20:27, Mrluwin said:

It came with a steel bracelet and rubber strap but the NATO I have on it there was from Geckota: https://www.geckota.com/zuludiver-iridescent-herringbone-nato-watch-strap

01234-E60-DF18-472-E-A7-E7-D8-B981-AC029

How you finding that nato, been really tempted to get one for my blue SMP but thought maybe the fabric looked a bit thick?

IK have one of these already and its brilliant https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-178-swiss-style-nato-strap best nato I ever got, would order another but they don't do it in that blue colour

Abe Fromen

Can you give a pic of the Jaeger case back? How is the watch? Asking for a friend. ;)

Mrluwin

My NATO is from the same place as watch gecko or their sister site I don’t know why they have two!

https://www.geckota.com/zuludiver-iridescent-herringbone-nato-watch-strap

The quality is really good, I have one of their Swiss style ones too and the herringbone one is definitely different but not necessarily in a bad way; it isn’t quite as thick and the material is a lot softer but it has a nice sheen to it, doesn’t look or feel cheap like the ones that sometimes come with reps. It’s also very comfortable, for the price I can’t fault it

Genius
11 minutes ago, Mrluwin said:

My NATO is from the same place as watch gecko or their sister site I don’t know why they have two!

https://www.geckota.com/zuludiver-iridescent-herringbone-nato-watch-strap

The quality is really good, I have one of their Swiss style ones too and the herringbone one is definitely different but not necessarily in a bad way; it isn’t quite as thick and the material is a lot softer but it has a nice sheen to it, doesn’t look or feel cheap like the ones that sometimes come with reps. It’s also very comfortable, for the price I can’t fault it

Awesome, I was worried it would be too thick but if it's thinner than the swiss one I'll get one to try

Mrluwin

@Abe Fromen

I don’t have it with me right now but trusty time have some solid pics of the back on their site http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=19725

It’s fairly unremarkable! Anything particular you wanted more info on?

As for the watch itself I really like it, I was always a fan of the old memovox watches and this reminds me of them,  seems to run well and the rubber strap feels unusually good quality for a rep

Abe Fromen
39 minutes ago, Mrluwin said:

@Abe Fromen

I don’t have it with me right now but trusty time have some solid pics of the back on their site http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=19725

It’s fairly unremarkable! Anything particular you wanted more info on?

As for the watch itself I really like it, I was always a fan of the old memovox watches and this reminds me of them,  seems to run well and the rubber strap feels unusually good quality for a rep

Thanks Mrluwin... I had a look on PC's page and it looks good. But it seems it's a Polaris date, not Geographic (which IIRC is a chrono). I've long been a big fan of the Memovox  and I didn't know this rep existed. 

Edited by Abe Fromen

Mrluwin

Aha! I got that one from puretime who have it down as a geographic on their site, I’m not too familiar with the different Jaeger models so I’ll update the original post, thank you for the heads up

I believe that Jaeger released a line fairly recently paying tribute to the old Memovox watches and that Polaris will be a rep of one of them

museguy

Dear @Mrluwin,

Hope you don't mind me using your photograph for my game of "fantasy watch box", I have been very impressed by your collection ! 

Thank you.

Edited by museguy
Clarification

museguy
On 17/08/2019 at 10:42, Mrluwin said:

Top row left to right: ARF Rolex Oyster Perpetual, ARF Rolex Explorer, ARF Rolex Sub, MKF Phillipe Patek Nautilus 5711, V6F Omega Seamaster Spectre, VSF Omega Seamaster 300M

Bottom row left to right: ZF IWC Portofino Chrono, ZF IWC Portuguese Chrono, ZF IWC Big Pilot Chrono Top Gun, MKF IWC Pilot Mark XVII Le Petit Prince (gen strap), VSF Omega Aqua Terra 007, VSF Omega Aqua Terra 

fullsizeoutput-ae.jpg

Plus a couple of stragglers waiting for a new watch box:

GPF Nomos Tangente 38 (gen strap) & ZF Jaeger Polaris Date

S7hb-RQ3-Cq-Ne-PJa-Fcw-IQ.jpg

Dear @Mrluwin

Happy Holidays !

Any updates to your collection ?  Would love to see a photo of your updated watch box.

Your collection remains my favorite and the one that I keep coming back to for guidance.

Cheers

Edited by museguy

Mrluwin

Quite a lot of changes, I'll post another update at some point I've got a couple out for servicing, a few new arrivals inbound and a couple I need to offload via M2M

• Like 1

museguy
6 hours ago, Mrluwin said:

Quite a lot of changes, I'll post another update at some point I've got a couple out for servicing, a few new arrivals inbound and a couple I need to offload via M2M

Thank you !