semperfi55

Bedbound and Bored

semperfi55

I haven't been able to post much in recent months due to poor health. Now I'm bedbound and far away from my main collection, with not much I can do. So here's a mini-collection thread for the few watches with me at the moment. A bit of entertainment for myself on a slow day.

It's interesting to see what watches I grabbed at short notice. I'm going through a Rolex Rebound at the moment which would explain the over-representation here. Those familiar with my previous SOTC thread will see many old faces here. 

Breguet Classique 5177

3-A5-EF190-5-BC0-4-E42-8-FD8-8-D28-F70-A

Bloody good rep. I needed a dress watch for a black tie dinner last year and this fit the bill. A very slim watch that fits neatly under the cuff.  

29402695-F6-C5-4716-8763-649504-D73-F6-C

I opted for the Vieux panier pattern instead of the Clous de Paris version.  The minute track features a classic Breguet Cremaillère engine turning. Overall this rep has very good dial finishing.

6-E9-ECDD7-7540-4-D65-8-C48-1974258-BCC2

Breguet Classique Regulator Tourbillon 5307

F4-E1-E112-370-C-461-E-8423-7-D76-B82869

I bought this off M2M at a good price; a rep that is out of production. A regulator combined with a tourbilllon. Both are mechanism that I enjoy and collect. Perfect.

As with tourbillon reps, one has to suspend disbelief and go with the fantasy features. The surest way to be unhappy is to expect 1:1 in rep tourbillons. 

The big tell is the tourbillon type. The gen houses a Breguet style tourbillon which has a bridge going over the tourbillon. However it is not a rep to be sniffed at. It has the familiar Cremaillère engine turning round the minute and hour tracks. The rest of the dial is a guilloche bonanza. The dial mostly features a Grain de riz guilloche whilst the hour subdial has a Vieux panier pattern.

03478-DD3-CF38-495-D-9750-6-A3981-DA302-

Breguet Classique 7057

1-D93-A14-D-1370-4-DD5-9-C55-2-B4-EE0-D7

You can see a trend here. I love my dial finishings. Yes there are many visible parts that are actually working. The tiny dial features a Clous de Paris guilloche with Cremaillère pattern minute track. There is a functioning power reserve indicator on the front and back as per gen :) The big tell here is that the blued screw near 8 o'clock, well it is at 3 o'clock in the gen.

5-F6-A2-D66-17-C3-4595-A041-9-F0-AF7476-

Henry London Heritage Square

EE4-C88-BD-9-A4-F-43-B4-869-E-82-A7-E346

I bought this watch at a sharp discount after seeing the VC Historiques 1968 Ultra-fine. I just cannot get enough of the Historiques Collection. Alas, after acquiring the 1921 and 1955, our beloved TDs could not source the rep of this watch:

VC10-Natural-Main.jpg?auto=format&dpr=2.

Well, no big deal. This fashion brand pretty much got it spot on here.  At 34mm it is 1mm smaller than the VC. It's a quartz movement. For 40 quid you have got yourself THE dress watch. No complications, no seconds hand, slim. Keep on keeping on.

F3-E8-E79-F-E246-4-E3-E-BBD5-8-CC43-B742

Patek Philippe 5970r

CEA5-B27-B-2838-4-DAF-BFA9-23168-E1-F9-B

Who doesn't fancy a 5970? At 44mm diameter, this is clearly a rep. Loads of functions wrong on this one.  I bought this off the gate as a little proof-of-concept experiment alongside a Debert homage (42mm). Stay tuned for more...

25-CE1-F0-C-7-FF7-4-D68-89-C8-BD864898-B

PAM 682

68524-FA6-D8-B1-4740-8-CFB-8802-DBAC9-E4

Realistically, the only Panerai I would buy. This is one of the few sensible 42mm diameter Panerai rep I could find. 

BD043-D0-F-054-D-42-C4-9-CBB-061208-AF12

Lange Saxonia Moonphase

FE1-C9-D65-AEF7-4-D94-BEFD-487-C913-F091

My 2nd rep ever. You can see my good taste in watches started early in my rep hobby :D The watch has a nice clean look, functioning moon phase and big date. Winner.

F06-DAC5-D-7650-4149-A9-D7-FD464-D31223-

Tudor Heritage Chrono 70330N

65-CE2-FF8-5-EC7-4-EFB-A4-EC-9789-C3-D6-

Another gate cheapie for a proof-of-concept test in replicating vintage Tudor chrono models.  This rep uses a quartz movement.

1-EB0-AE58-D0-A4-4-CFA-A23-E-1-B76956994

Datejust 16220 Engine Turned Bezel

9-D30-A4-E5-627-A-4-BA2-916-A-D768-A057-

A lovely R-factory Datejust with an engine-turned bezel not seen in modern DJs anymore :D This being a gift and my first Swiss watch, it will always be the top dog in the collection.

288671-F7-6244-46-DD-90-A0-F3461-BF5266-

DSSD James Cameron

C203-BDE3-344-A-40-B8-980-A-CEBAA9-E14-A

An appalling choice for someone with tiny wrists. This popular gate cheapie has a decent blue to black gradient on the dial. However, it does not translate well in photos.  It would probably benefit from an AR crystal mod but that would cost more than the rep itself :lol:

@NCRich would a gloss spray make the dial colours more vibrant? I'm just extrapolating based on how you use matte spray on vintage.

5-C84-FC08-1782-42-CE-BEF6-01-E5-D24-F64

Guess the Factory

E2154658-614-B-4057-A2-B1-39-A273-DD079-

BEST SUB?        BEST SUB.

83-BDE4-F5-FB50-4-C2-D-B316-6-A17-CFE45-

Daytona 116520

9-AB4-E23-E-FF37-4264-ADC6-4-D1-D2-D83-C

A decent Regtona with the old style steel bezel. The steel bezel-black dial colour combination is a good contrast. For the modern Daytona with black ceramic bezel, I prefer that with the white dial, again for contrast reasons.

B53-E8536-E284-4-ABB-A207-BEC94-D5-C7345

Daytonas In Progress

3-B420-D25-C92-E-4-A55-A98-F-503-FF98-B6

A gate cheapie and a Regtona. I've been dismantling both and testing out compatibility of parts. Work in progress...

C1078374-2557-4017-A29-A-2-EADE29-C5-AB3

There you go, the watches I have with me for the time being. Thanks for reading!

splke

sorry to hear of your illness pal hope you make a full recovert

sub = regmariner or r fact :)

BabaNJ

That is nice collection you have. It made me want to  get one of the Breguet even though i wear my suit may be once or twice a year. 

Hopefully you recover soon. Keep us posted

Cheers

GenTLe
1 hour ago, semperfi55 said:

The big tell here is that the balance wheel is on the 7 o'clock side in the gen

Uh?

7057bb_11_9w6_face_1.jpg

NCRich

Very nice mate.  Sorry to hear about the illness, hope it is short lived.  The matte spray would likely make it worse, not  better.

Mrluwin

Hope you feel better soon mate some very beautiful and unusual watches there love the tourbillon

Sigg

Some beautiful watches there mate, lovely collection, very classy. Hope your health improves soon. All the best. 

semperfi55
1 hour ago, splke said:

sorry to hear of your illness pal hope you make a full recovert

sub = regmariner or r fact :)

Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

A ZZF actually :D

37 minutes ago, BabaNJ said:

That is nice collection you have. It made me want to  get one of the Breguet even though i wear my suit may be once or twice a year. 

Hopefully you recover soon. Keep us posted

Cheers

Thanks mate, will do!

There are only a handful of Breguet reps, but they are pretty stellar indeed.

36 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Uh?

7057bb_11_9w6_face_1.jpg

:facepalm: I meant to say one of the blued screws is on the wrong side but got it mixed up. Must be the morphine lol, I'm pretty out of it :coke:

31 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Very nice mate.  Sorry to hear about the illness, hope it is short lived.  The matte spray would likely make it worse, not  better.

Thanks Rich! What about a gloss finish spray?

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rustoleum-AE0040001E8-400ml-Crystal-Clear/dp/B001W03PRM

17 minutes ago, Mrluwin said:

Hope you feel better soon mate some very beautiful and unusual watches there love the tourbillon

Thanks :)  Probably won't help you with reining things in would it :lol:

12 minutes ago, Sigg said:

Some beautiful watches there mate, lovely collection, very classy. Hope your health improves soon. All the best. 

Cheers mate! Just regurgitating mostly old (some new) pieces as I have nothing to do at the moment! 

NCRich

I am assuming the dial is already glossy, since most are.  In that case it would not do anything.

semperfi55
1 minute ago, NCRich said:

I am assuming the dial is already glossy, since most are.  In that case it would not do anything.

It is glossy. Ok fair enough. Worth an ask anyway :D 

jsmm

not a half bad collection there mate... looking good

jsmm

sub i thought was a noob.. due to over grey bezal inserts.. well its a zzf.. not bad though

Logixa

Get well soon buddy! You have a good taste in watches 

semperfi55
25 minutes ago, jsmm said:

sub i thought was a noob.. due to over grey bezal inserts.. well its a zzf.. not bad though

Many factories, all similar to my untrained eye. Still, competition in the rep scene is good for us :D 

12 minutes ago, Logixa said:

Get well soon buddy! You have a good taste in watches 

Cheers mate :) Now, if only I can finish some of the projects I'v started...

The_Proctometrist

being away from such a beautiful collection is very sad indeed. I hope you can make a speedy recovery and reunite with you fabulous collection.  i always have one of my watches on my wrist 24/7 to remind me of the others...

semperfi55
30 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

being away from such a beautiful collection is very sad indeed.

Nah mate, this is the collection with me for now. The rest of it is elsewhere. I've caught the withdrawal bad :rofl:

32 minutes ago, mmjmmj said:

I hope you can make a speedy recovery

Thanks!

The_Proctometrist
6 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Thanks

cheers mate and if i may say (having been there myself) the longer you stay there the worse it can get.  get up and out of that bed and stand on your feet. no matter how shitty and weak you may feel, stand on your feet and take one small step at a time until you are out. do it & do it now.  it's your only way out. you can do it and as the americans say we are rooting for you mate...

Callumz

Great collection, hope you’re on the mend mate! 

deju

Got to say that’s an awesome collection to have with you! I wish I could pull off the more dressier ones. Some great examples of beautiful dial finishing. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery! 

BADBILLY

Here is a little something to chase the Blues away 

I dedicated one of the latest posts to you...   Have a speedy recovery

Mr_B

That engine turned bezel is beautiful. Great collection. 

Theviking

Sorry to hear you're not well. Yet amazing to see your excellent taste and commitment to the cause is as strong as ever. God speed friend.

VMSG

Sorry to hear about your health situation.
This is a nice collection, especially the Breguets :)

FudgyDocker

Hope you're feeling better, and back in the game soon.

Liking the Day-two-toners!

Glaude

"Quick quick you need to go the hospital"

"Hold on, I need to grab my watches"

"Watches ?"

"Well, I can't go there without at least a 12 place watchbox and two spares !" :lol: