Griffo

Black Bay 58

Griffo

For some reason I’ve missed this watch. Must be the rock I live under?

Anyway, this beauty seems perfect and reasonably priced so I fired off a few emails only to be told there’s a waiting list of up to 12 months from the ADs. What the hell? 

Off I go to look at rep versions...

BadPickle
1 minute ago, Griffo said:

Anyway, this beauty seems perfect and reasonably priced so I fired off a few emails only to be told there’s a waiting list of up to 12 months from the ADs. What the hell? 

Plus they keep your warranty card so you can’t sell it on... 

Griffo
9 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Wow, really? Good reason to get a rep then! Probably wouldn’t sell, but it’s the principle!

ShovelnTC
37 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

F'n Rolex is doing as much as they can to assist the Rep trade.

I love Rolex but have no sympathy for them as far as counterfeiting goes as if they choose to make it so hard for customers to get their products and treat them as beggars then they should expect that impatient customers will turn elsewhere.

Jasonbaylee

This series are so well made! No regret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realism
Only in the UK...

They can't do that in the States... YET...

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Realism
"waiting list"... It's not a real list...

It's about spending to get the bump...or how familiar you are with the AD... Wasn't always like that in the past

Only the 58 and the BB GMT are "waitlisted" in the Tudor lineup...

In Asia, 58 on NATO could be found without a list, with a slight discounting... I only found the 58 on a bracelet once on my many trips to various Asian ADs

Griffo
On 20/08/2019 at 04:12, Realism said:

"waiting list"... It's not a real list...

It's about spending to get the bump...or how familiar you are with the AD... Wasn't always like that in the past

Only the 58 and the BB GMT are "waitlisted" in the Tudor lineup...

In Asia, 58 on NATO could be found without a list, with a slight discounting... I only found the 58 on a bracelet once on my many trips to various Asian ADs

Yeah apparently the nato and leather ones are 4-6 months!

CurioLeo
On 20/08/2019 at 07:39, pickledbeetroot said:

I got mine back 6 months early, after also buying the GMT. They decided I am a legit, trustworthy collector rather than a flipper :Thinking:

On 20/08/2019 at 13:08, Realism said:

Only in the UK...

They can't do that in the States... YET...

Australia too

Griffo
On 23/08/2019 at 07:24, CurioLeo said:

I got mine back 6 months early, after also buying the GMT. They decided I am a legit, trustworthy collector rather than a flipper :Thinking:

Australia too

Why do they even care? If they want to stop it happening, make them available to all. In the age of 0% finance and credit cards, Tudors and Submariners are well within range for anyone in full time employment.

deju
On 19/08/2019 at 23:20, ShovelnTC said:

I love Rolex but have no sympathy for them.

Why would you have no sympathy for the greatest ever marketing endeavour ever. 

many other successful businesses have employed this model to great advantage. Apple, Porsche hell even Toy companies have

49 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Why do they even care? If they want to stop it happening, make them available to all. In the age of 0% finance and credit cards, Tudors and Submariners are well within range for anyone in full time employment.

They don't, it's all a trick. They have now sold him 2 watches and he feels special for being allowed to buy a watch.  

Realism
It's not about marketing a watch. It's marketing LUXURY.

When purchasing veblen goods, the lesser the availability, the higher the demand...

On the witholding of the warranty cards... It's actually driven by the distributors and ADs... Not Rolex or Tudor...

As I've mentioned... Not all countries or regions have such policy... In fact, in the States... It would be illegal to do so

CurioLeo
On 24/08/2019 at 19:11, deju said:

Why would you have no sympathy for the greatest ever marketing endeavour ever. 

many other successful businesses have employed this model to great advantage. Apple, Porsche hell even Toy companies have

They don't, it's all a trick. They have now sold him 2 watches and he feels special for being allowed to buy a watch.  

They have actually sold me 7 watches but it has nothing to do with feeling special for being allowed to buy a watch. I know I can flip the watches tomorrow for a profit but I am not interested  in doing so.  Rather, I know I can enjoy the perfect size Sub without having to buy a vintage Sub and a Pepsi without paying double RRP and still pass on some of the earliest examples of future classics to my kids who can chose to keep or sell them after I have enjoyed them for a lifetime.  Don't know if that makes me special but it does feel good.