BadPickle

Hong Kong G2G - Guangzhou Shopping trip and Factory Tours

BadPickle

I know a lot of you guys are curious as to where reps are made and traded, as am I, well heres pretty much the opportunity of a lifetime here, and as far as I can make out “Outerbolt” is offering guided tours around GZ and the markets... a shopping extravaganza if you will, All that’s missing is Dale Winton. 

Now I know some of you have been trying to get our very own @narikaa to do this very same thing, but to no avail.... well step right up, this is DEFINITELY the next best thing :thumbsup: 

*copy/pasted from next door*

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/meet-the-people-gtg/8092394-hong-kong-g2g-guangzhou-shopping-trip-and-factory-tours

outerbolt

Send PM

Hong Kong G2G - Guangzhou Shopping trip and Factory Tours

20-08-19, 16:21

Calling all members in Hong Kong!

@crunchycarrot00 and I are thinking about putting a trip to Guangzhou together in early September to go rep shopping and do some factory tours. I also want to check out the other designer reps while there (bags, wallets, shoes, clothes) 

After a long day of shopping we can go get some BBQ lamb + cold beers and maybe hit the spa. Should be a good time.

Who's game?!

:Shocked: hmmm.... not 100% sure about “hitting the spa” though  :Shocked:

Realism

is this a trap? they might be the Rep police:banhamster:

thejudge

To be honest it might be best to worry about the PLA than the Rep Police in Hong Kong at the moment.

deju

I wonder if ARF factory do like a Heineken Experience factory tour... could be fun.   

Rokerite

Coachloads of pissed up "Gweilo" tourists with bulging wallets asking for directions to the fake watch factories  what could possibly go wrong:daffy:

GingerApple

To be fair, it sounds like great fun!

BadPickle

:lmao: 

30 sec trolly dash at the end 

Rokerite
6 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

30 sec trolly dash at the end 

Supermarket AAA 1:1 Sweep

Edited by Rokerite

mysterio

Just ask where to go to spend your loads of cash. I'm sure somebody will say.

eb8.jpg

Glaude

Thanks Pickled for the heads up on this thread :lmao: 

semperfi55

Is there a premium option for the full TD/Factory experience? Pay more to scarper round town with the repmakers as they avoid/bribe off the cops. If you’re lucky, you might even get free accommodation and extension of your stay, all courtesy of the State.

Pffft this HK guy is an amateur.

When you have gen watch money, you have gen delusions: VIP Rolex Tours :rofl:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=682550

Jimmyrich1
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Just ask where to go to spend your loads of cash. I'm sure somebody will say.

eb8.jpg

blueoysterboy

But you could hit the spa at the end of the day!   To top it off, BBQ lamb cooked in a kitchen that has never undergone a health inspection :vomit:

Theviking
34 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Is there a premium option for the full TD/Factory experience? Pay more to scarper round town with the repmakers as they avoid/bribe off the cops. If you’re lucky, you might even get free accommodation and extension of your stay, all courtesy of the State.

Pffft this HK guy is an amateur.

Spot on, I'd like to be a fly on the wall for the Guangzhou tour, but I doubt you'll get any deals and it's sketchy as fuck, tourists attract attention which it's only worth if you're gonna make some $$$

Rolex delusions are incredible, wankers with that money think they can pay for anything. 

Theviking

Every time i think about getting a gen sub, I remember the money goes to Rolex, and I buy another rep.

Support your local rep maker.

VMSG

So... Anyone want to start a bail money donation thread for this g2g? :)

GingerApple
2 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

Lol, what a thread. You know the OP is a bit special when he begins the thread with, 'So.....'

I am tempted to sign up with a sock to troll him. Why would anyone wasn't to go on a Rolex factory tour anyway? It would just be countless rows of Chinese CNC machines churning out billions of generic watches. I doubt there'd even be any people on the production line.

:popcorn:

thejudge

I am guessing 'the spa' is code for brothel?

alan d

Would there not be serious issues in exiting the country with them? suppose you could post it all back to yourself

FudgyDocker
15 minutes ago, alan d said:

Would there not be serious issues in exiting the country with them? suppose you could post it all back to yourself

Why would there be issues? It isn't an offence to own a replica watch, only to sell them.

Xpletiv

I think he's actually thinking that this may be a "thing"!

semperfi55
4 hours ago, Theviking said:

Spot on, I'd like to be a fly on the wall for the Guangzhou tour, but I doubt you'll get any deals and it's sketchy as fuck, tourists attract attention which it's only worth if you're gonna make some $$$

Au contraire, the tourism thing gets so big, it becomes a cover for the business. 

Also another bonus in the tour: have your own pubes put into your own rep. Personalised reps straight from the factory. Something for little Timmy to remember grandda by when he inherits the broken watch.

2 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Lol, what a thread. You know the OP is a bit special when he begins the thread with, 'So.....'

I am tempted to sign up with a sock to troll him. Why would anyone wasn't to go on a Rolex factory tour anyway? It would just be countless rows of Chinese CNC machines churning out billions of generic watches. I doubt there'd even be any people on the production line.

:popcorn:

Only actually started reading TRF a few weeks back....and it’s the gift that keeps on giving. I’ve never seen so many grown men crying about mass-produced jewellry (wait lists/shortages/greys) in one place. It gets repetitive fast, what with the “Is it safe to wear my Rolex to work?” questions and the “Cor this AD ignored me completely” vent threads. But you come across gems like the thread above once in a while :) 

Realism
Every time i think about getting a gen sub, I remember the money goes to Rolex, and I buy another rep.
Support your local rep maker.
You would make an instant 1k + at the very least... If you could even get a LN at list price.

So, if you could do it. You should do it.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Only actually started reading TRF a few weeks back....and it’s the gift that keeps on giving. I’ve never seen so many grown men crying about mass-produced jewellry (wait lists/shortages/greys) in one place. It gets repetitive fast, what with the “Is it safe to wear my Rolex to work?” questions and the “Cor this AD ignored me completely” vent threads. But you come across gems like the thread above once in a while  

You miss out the constant bubble prediction threads...

It's like Nostradamus every other week there

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

mysterio
9 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

I think he's actually thinking that this may be a "thing"!

Sshh. Don't discourage him. :lol:

Chavezzito

Haven't read the thread but have been to GZ with a guide (rep watches guide not tourist guide) with a couple of friends from the forum and there is no way in hell they will get to see the factories but we'll watch city which is pretty fun itself but also there nothing fancy to be bought just the cheapie. 

It is a pretty cool trip though and the train from HK is pretty nice...they serve big ass beers to your seat :)