MEGAS

BEST DSSD D BLUE

MEGAS

Hi,

which is currently the best DSSD D BLUE watch?

ARF,NOOB etc?

is it right to consider the ETA 2824 better that than the SH3135 ?

Thanks

GenTLe

ARF is overall the best, but it has the SH3135 clone.

For reliability is better the 2836.

SCShrek
10 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

ARF is overall the best, but it has the SH3135 clone.

For reliability is better the 2836.

That's just wonderful. So is Kuvarsit just lying to me showing the ARF with a 2824 or is the SH3135 some sort of bastard child of the 2824? https://kuvarsit04.com/sea-dweller-116660-d-blue-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824-v3/

You have waaaayyyy too much knowledge stuck in that head of yours by the way.

GenTLe

I can't answer for Kevin, but that page is messy: in the title they say 2824, then in the description below SH3135, then again SH3135 and in the details it says 2824...

Anyway on other sites there are ARF DSSD (black version) declared with 2824 (and the pictures show effectively a 28xx movement - from behind 2824 and 2836 are identical), so it may exist :)

Mine is the Arf D-Blue and came with a SH3135 :)

And, by the way, I suppose it's a 2836 because the 2824 has a slow date change, while the 2836 has a "click" fast date change like the Rolex movement, so why not to use that one like in all other Rolex reps?

In terms of reliability, repleceability, the 2824 and 2836 are the same.

SCShrek
24 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I can't answer for Kevin, but that page is messy: in the title they say 2824, then in the description below SH3135, then again SH3135 and in the details it says 2824...

Anyway on other sites there are ARF DSSD (black version) declared with 2824 (and the pictures show effectively a 28xx movement - from behind 2824 and 2836 are identical), so it may exist :)

Mine is the Arf D-Blue and came with a SH3135 :)

And, by the way, I suppose it's a 2836 because the 2824 has a slow date change, while the 2836 has a "click" fast date change like the Rolex movement, so why not to use that one like in all other Rolex reps?

If it ever finally gets to me, I'll pop off the back and see what we have in there.

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, SCShrek said:

That's just wonderful. So is Kuvarsit just lying to me showing the ARF with a 2824 or is the SH3135 some sort of bastard child of the 2824?

My ARF V2 SR Sea Dweller has the 2824. It's absolutely fine. Who gives a shit how fast the date changes over, anyway?

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

From what I've heard those two movements are not interchangeable without a load of hassle, due to the different stem heights etc, or am I wrong?

GenTLe
From what I've heard those two movements are not interchangeable without a load of hassle, due to the different stem heights etc, or am I wrong?
You aren't, but I wasn't suggesting that.
What I wrote is that in terms of reliability and replaceability (each with its own same model) they are the same.
They are both reliable and they are both easy to repair or replace.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

FudgyDocker

@GenTLe - my apologies. I interpreted your words the wrong way!

GenTLe

No problems :)

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

PeterWorcester

Personally I like the ARF DSSD Deep Blue from BK he replaces the SH3135 with a gen ETA-2 movement and cleans up the rest of the  watch. Will post a couple of pics asap.... 

Just my $.02, I’m a longtime BK fan, won’t get a Rolie from anyone else.

Cheers,

Peter

Popperini

My D-Blue came from Trusty and is a BP with SA3135. It’s been running nicely since arrival in February and the dial looks (to my eyes) very good for blue tone, gradation and the colour of the word “DEEPSEA”.

I had a Noob (don’t know which version) and the dial was way too dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeboy

I have an ARF with 2824 from perfect clones and it’s fantastic IMO. 

To be ultra accurate I believe it is based on ( my one certainly is) the older version that Rolex released which does not have the cornet between “Swiss Made” on the bottom of the dial.

Not that this is wrong, it’s just not the latest version Rolex have released.

JLFast

I appreciate the info, Ive been trying to identify which DSSD I have exactly.  

OldNavitimer

They haven't repped the new 126660 yet. It requires a new case to accommodate the new bracelet and the new clasp. And it would supposedly get the 3235 from the DJ41 reps.