adotb

Rolex GMT 3186 vs. 3285/DJF vs. GMF

adotb

Hi!

I'm want to buy a new Rolex GMT 126719BLRO, seller (trusted) have both for the same price, difference is the one with 3186 is DJF and the one with 3285 is GMF - so which one should I choose, the DJF one with Asia Clone 3186 movement or the GMF with 3285 movement? And why? Which movement is better? And difference between DJF & GMF

( Again) everything is exactly the same except the movement (3186 vs. 3285) and DJF & GMF. Thankful if you also could explain DJF & GMF difference hehe.

Thanks for help!

GenTLe

You are trusting TDs descriptions, and this is bad.

DJF has a Hangzhou 6460 (which is basically a modified 2836) and the same is for the GMF as far as I know.  DJF has  it "natural" and GMF has the version which has been  (pathetically) modified to mimic the shape of the Rolex movement .

Also probably one of them has the CHS (Correct Hand Stack) and that makes the movement quite unreliable.

Care to post the links to the TD so that I can give the movement picture a better look?

adotb
On 21/08/2019 at 21:07, GenTLe said:

You are trusting TDs descriptions, and this is bad.

DJF has a Hangzhou 6460 (which is basically a modified 2836) and the same is for the GMF as far as I know.  DJF has  it "natural" and GMF has the version which has been  (pathetically) modified to mimic the shape of the Rolex movement .

Also probably one of them has the CHS (Correct Hand Stack) and that makes the movement quite unreliable.

Care to post the links to the TD so that I can give the movement picture a better look?

Hi!
Thank you!

1. 3186 / DJF (Trusty Time)
2. 3285 / GMF (Trusty Time)

Thankful for help! Which one to choose.

Mr_B

That GMF dial is awful, the DJF isn't too bad.

GenTLe

Both have a modified CHS 2836, I'd stay far from both of them, but the GMF dial, as @Mr_B wrote, is terrible, and also the hands aren't good (the base of the GMT hand is way too large)... So, if I had to choose, for sure the other one.

But as I wrote, I'd stay far away from both of them

kuvarsit

Wait for noob to make it or arf ! 

Mr_B
2 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Both have a modified CHS 2836, I'd stay far from both of them, but the GMF dial, as @Mr_B wrote, is terrible, and also the hands aren't good (the base of the GMT hand is way too large)... So, if I had to choose, for sure the other one.

+1

If your only going to have one watch and can set it and not change anything then it'll be ok, the moment you start changing the gmt/date/hour hand you're asking for trouble, maybe not the first or second time, but it will get fucked...

MD12112

I agree strongly with the views posted above.

The CHS is lousy and made poorly. It's absolute rubbish. I've had it one.month and 3 times had to repair it, finally spring in the main gear snapped .... that was the end.

Have swapped my copy gmt mech with one swiss gmt 2893 which is IHS but much more reliable.

Mine was BP factory by the way. Not a great choice!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Esh....I think you should do some homework.  The bezel on both is a dead giveaway.  I'm not even going to touch on the dial and hands which are pretty bad on both.   If you want a GMT, stick with noob is my advice.  Avoid the CHS movement...get the ICHS movement.  Remember, no GMT replica has a true clone movement unless someone has modified it and had a SH3135 converted to a 3186 or dropped a genuine 3186 in one.  Both are pricey options, but the only viable ones for a reliable CHS setup. 

adotb
9 hours ago, GenTLe said:

9 hours ago, kuvarsit said:

Wait for noob to make it or arf ! 

9 hours ago, Mr_B said:

+1

If your only going to have one watch and can set it and not change anything then it'll be ok, the moment you start changing the gmt/date/hour hand you're asking for trouble, maybe not the first or second time, but it will get fucked...

5 hours ago, MD12112 said:

I agree strongly with the views posted above.

The CHS is lousy and made poorly. It's absolute rubbish. I've had it one.month and 3 times had to repair it, finally spring in the main gear snapped .... that was the end.

Have swapped my copy gmt mech with one swiss gmt 2893 which is IHS but much more reliable.

Mine was BP factory by the way. Not a great choice!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Esh....I think you should do some homework.  The bezel on both is a dead giveaway.  I'm not even going to touch on the dial and hands which are pretty bad on both.   If you want a GMT, stick with noob is my advice.  Avoid the CHS movement...get the ICHS movement.  Remember, no GMT replica has a true clone movement unless someone has modified it and had a SH3135 converted to a 3186 or dropped a genuine 3186 in one.  Both are pricey options, but the only viable ones for a reliable CHS setup. 

Thank you all for answer and help!!  I'm not so good when it comes to watches anymore hehe
Interested in this one because it's something "different", and I liked it on Basel. But thank you again and will wait for a better one.