magfra

Watches for small boys

magfra

I'm looking for a watch for my 5 yr old son who just leaned to tell time. A 40 mm watch looks way too big on his arm so I'm considering ladies watches like an Omega Seamaster (36 mm) or a Tag Heuer ladies Aquaracer (32 mm). The Roles Yachtmaster ladies screams Rep on a child in my opinion. 

Does any of you have other suggestions?

BadApple

Yes - stop being so stupid and vain. Get him a Timex at best you tool. 

RussP

Why do you want him to wear a (replica) luxury watch?

Why not something sensible like a Seiko, Citizen, Casio or Fossil instead?

Thommo82

He will scratch and bash the watch.....

The guys above me have sound advice.

You want to get him something cool?

Go with something vintage 

Jimmyrich1

This HAS to be ta joke surely, this would be just vulgar.

These kind of watches don't belong on 5 year old boys wrists, real or not. That's just insane, for so many reasons. I'm pretty sure he'd be bullied for it for a start.

Get him a piece of shit that will break in a month, why? because he's going to break it in a month anyway, that's what 5 year olds do. If you want him to appreciate watches, tuck your ego in and wait till he's old enough to give a shit, cos the only person who wants him to wear a big brand watch is you.

Genius

Get a swatch, they do loads of cool kids watches and great quality too can take getting knocked about.

You definitely want a something with a  plexi crystal!  Sapphire shatters easier than mineral glass and neither are really designed for the abuse a 5 year old will give it

Jasonbaylee
This HAS to be ta joke surely, this is would be just vulgar.
These kind of watches don't belong on 5 year old boys wrists, real or not. That's just insane, for so many reasons. I'm pretty sure he'd be bullied for it for a start.
Get him a piece of shit that will break in a month, why? because he's going to break it in a month anyway, that's what 5 year olds do. If you want him to appreciate watches, tuck your ego in and wait till he's old enough to give a shit, cos the only person who wants him to wear a big brand watch is you.

Truly well scripted for the awakening!
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostMaster
9 minutes ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

This HAS to be ta joke surely, this would be just vulgar.

:Applause:

Couldn’t of said it better. 

magfra

Definitely not a joke. For all that matter everyone in here could be buying a Swatch or Timex instead of reps. I really can't see why a boy can't have a cool watch?

Genius
17 minutes ago, magfra said:

everyone in here could be buying a Swatch or Timex instead of reps. I really can't see why a boy can't have a cool watch?

Not saying he cant but reps are in general pretty badly built and wont stand the abuse of a 5 year old, a swatch will, and he'll probably think it's cooler than a fake luxury watch because, well, swatch do cool watches and have loads of choice specifically made for kids with designs he's more likely to enjoy over a ladies aquaracer for example

Jimmyrich1
20 minutes ago, magfra said:

everyone in here could be buying a Swatch or Timex instead of reps.

That's because we're grown men who enjoy watches, not children who couldn't care less.

21 minutes ago, magfra said:

I really can't see why a boy can't have a cool watch?  > > "Omega Seamaster, Tag Heuer, Rolex Yachtmaster"

I just gave you one GREAT reason why a 5 year old shouldn't wear a watch that that supposedly cost thousands of dollars. Because you're going to make him a target. He won't look cool, it just looks just arrogant and pretentious.

deju

Yay!!!! :clap: for projecting your insecurities onto your child.

magfra

Not sure about the quality. My daughter has a white rep channel j12 with a quartz movement and ceramic bracelet. It has taken quite a lot of abuse and still function and looks great. 

BTW I never told her that it is an expensive watch nor that it is a rep. To her it is just a nice watch and I think it looks a lot better than the plastic her friends have. 

BadApple

Go on The Gate and get him a Rolega Navinaut and be done with. 

magfra

17 minutes ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

That's because we're grown men who enjoy watches, not children who couldn't care less.

I just gave you one GREAT reason why a 5 year old shouldn't wear a watch that that supposedly cost thousands of dollars. Because you're going to make him a target. He won't look cool, it just looks just arrogant and pretentious.

A kid with a Rolex I'll agree, but with a Tag Heuer - really?

Anyway, this tread was never intended to discuss if it's appropriate to buy a rep to your children. Looks like people here are against it so not much sense to ask which one

Abe Fromen

Get a flickflack or a swatch 51 (or whatever). All above is good advice. 

SCShrek

Dude, you're not going to get much help out of this lot on this subject because most 5 year olds dont even wear a watch. I see wanting a cool watch for your kids, as we all want the best for them,but unless you want to be like some Kardashian, this really looks poor on you. Kids are not going to know the difference between a tag or rollie but other parents seeing you kid sporting a YM is either gonna know it a fake or think youre crazy for strapping a $10k watch to a 5 year olds wrist. Either way, it's going to come off as pretentious and I think that what the other members here are getting at. The swatch idea is a good one. When my kids, two boys, finally wanted a watch at 12 yoa, I bought them G-Shocks and they beat the hell of them but that's what a G-Shock is for...

SCShrek
10 minutes ago, magfra said:

Would you just give your 5 year old $2000-$5000 in cash and say hold this and dont lose it. Basically the same thing with your child sporting a Tag.

Jasonbaylee

$2000 can sustain lotsa diapers. Just saying.

BadApple
20 minutes ago, Jasonbaylee said:

$2000 can sustain lotsa diapers. Just saying.

At five I would hope he's house trained. If he can tell the time he will know not to shit his pants. 

Jasonbaylee
At five I would hope he's house trained. If he can tell the time he will know not to shit his pants. 

Hahahaha... nailed it

Jimmyrich1

Edited by Jimmyrich1
mistaken post

Jimmyrich1
1 hour ago, magfra said:

I think it looks a lot better than the plastic her friends have. 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, magfra said:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

RussP

This is going to be 'sticky' material, me thinks :happy:.

KarmaToBurn

I agree with the others on advising against a luxury rep for a 5yo.  I'm sure they would prefer something durable with bright colours or cool features to play with.  I'd suggest a Baby G-Shock or a Casio f91, a158, databank.... If you want an analog dial something like a 38mm Timex Weekender or 37mm Expedition would work well with a nato strap to hug the tiny wrist.