Bry Watts

Marywatch website Down?

Bry Watts

Alright peeps. I have been trying to access Marywatch website for a couple of weeks but the site seems to be down.

Does anyone know if she is still trading or has been shutdown?

FudgyDocker

Mary took her website down a few weeks ago. Don't think she'll be bringing it back up. However, just find what you want on other TDs websites, and email her what you want. It's just as good, and Mary is very diligent with her QC, and will even reject watches on your behalf if she doesn't think they are good enough.

BadApple
15 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Mary took her website down a few weeks ago. Don't think she'll be bringing it back up. However, just find what you want on other TDs websites, and email her what you want. It's just as good, and Mary is very diligent with her QC, and will even reject watches on your behalf if she doesn't think they are good enough.

THIS

GenTLe

She is absolutely fine. Just write her a mail and point her to some other TD (of this or other forum) website showing the model you are after.

Normally I use to point her to www.intime05.co due to the good pictures there :)

Bry Watts

Thanks for the info...…….

Mary Watch

just use email, send me pic of the watch or a link to the watch.  [email protected]

i don't use website to accept order. in the past, just use it to display watches.  

UnkellSam

Has anyone been able to get a hold of Mary recently?  I have been emailing her for a week at [email protected] with no response.  

If there is another point of contact, please let me know. 

SCShrek
9 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

Has anyone been able to get a hold of Mary recently?  I have been emailing her for a week at [email protected] with no response.  

Chinese New Year mate...all TD's have been out touch for a couple of weeks. She will answer....... unless you've flooded her inbox... :lol:

stfrance
11 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

Just give her more time. CNY is extended by 2/2. And Coronavirus is getting worse and worse there. Bad timing now anyways.. 

UnkellSam

Ah didn't know that. Thanks.

On another note, the crown fell off on a submariner I bought through her and I am looking for solutions to repair the watch. Any ideas about how and what it would cost? I don't have the crown, it must have fallen off somewhere.

mXZBJ.jpg

Intresting
51 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

On another note, the crown fell off on a submariner I bought through her and I am looking for solutions to repair the watch. Any ideas about how and what it would cost? I don't have the crown, it must have fallen off somewhere.

mXZBJ.jpg

Are you good with mechanical stuff?  If so you can repair it yourself.    Get parts from Raffles Dials    http://rafflesdials.com/

Otherwise state where you are and hopefully there is a watch repairer that can do reps do it for you nearby.

But do email Mary.  Its CNY so she might not reply till at least the 3 Feb.   Hope this helps.

• Like 1

UnkellSam

Thanks, I got in touch with Mary but she said she cannot currently get the parts.  I am fine with mechanical stuff as long as I have instructions on what to do. I'm located in southern California. 

Why would the crown and stem just fall off? Don't you have to open the back of the watch and hold down a latch in order to release the stem and crown? The fact that they fell out on their own has me concerned that there might be something else wrong with the watch.

Intresting
31 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

Thanks, I got in touch with Mary but she said she cannot currently get the parts.  I am fine with mechanical stuff as long as I have instructions on what to do. I'm located in southern California. 

Why would the crown and stem just fall off? Don't you have to open the back of the watch and hold down a latch in order to release the stem and crown? The fact that they fell out on their own has me concerned that there might be something else wrong with the watch.

The stem and crown can come off for a variety of reasons.   Best for the modders and more experienced to comment fully.    The TDs are hampered as the factories are not open till late Feb/March.  But do email Raffles and ask them for the correct parts.  Think it will cost 50-60 dollars max in total.   Or ask around if there are repairers near where you live.   I don;t think it will be wise to contemplate sending the watch back to China for repairs, especially with the virus situation now.

bobandshawn

Uhhhm...what happened to the stem is a more important question. Crown and tube are relatively easy.

fatarms

Did it fall off while wearing it?  Did you not screw the crown in?  I'd think the only time it would be unscrewed is when setting the watch?

UnkellSam

It must have fallen off while I was wearing it. The crown may have been unscrewed - sometimes I forget to screw it. But even when unscrewed, the crown should not come out without opening the back of the watch and pushing the release button inside the watch. 

UnkellSam

Does anyone have an email address for Rafi?

Does anyone know if the submariner 116610 required 5.2mm or 5.9mm stem and 7mm crown? I assume one of these from Ebay should work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264596331055

GenTLe
On 30/01/2020 at 00:27, UnkellSam said:

mXZBJ.jpg

Probably the best option is to:

1) get a new stem for the movement (I suppose it's a 2836 based watch, if so they are readily available all over the web, from eBay to CousinsUK etc), i.e. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000179394449.html

2) get a new 7mm crown with tube. I'm not sure if it's a 4.4 or 3.3mm height (probably 4.4mm anyway, but check with some Rlx expert). The 1st one -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32903584748.html and the second one -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32572858947.html

Put everything together.

You may need to replace the tube (this is why i told you to get both the crown and its tube): sometimes the crown doesn't pass through the original tube. I've to do the replacement myself and also re-thread the tube hole....

You will need to cut the stem gradually until you find the perfect length, it's a patience task...

You may also need to service the movement too, because a falling-off stem may mean that some part in the keyless is a bit worn out.

• Like 1