GenTLe

If you need a 28.8k BPH DG2813 look here

GenTLe

Put together this:

And this:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922749438.html

And you'll have the much sought after high-beat 21J. For around 30$. And with the bonus of a full watch...

GenTLe

Nikosaldente

Nice find mate:thumbsup:

NCRich

$26.46 for me.  I have to order a couple of those.

Cool @GenTLe thanks!

Popperini

Great spot! Thanks for sharing. I’ve popped 3 in my basket ready to buy when the extra savings kick in, in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VMSG

This is nice, I hoped to gain some watch repair skills this year, this could be a great way to start...

SCShrek
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Put together this:

And this:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922749438.html

And you'll have the much sought after high-beat 21J. For around 30$. And with the bonus of a full watch...

GenTLe

I’m sure this is stupid question, but is it a direct replacement for the standard 2813? Hands, pinion height and such. 

Nikosaldente
17 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

I’m sure this is stupid question, but is it a direct replacement for the standard 2813? Hands, pinion height and such. 

If it is, then it's an instant and cheap upgrade of all those Regmariners out there :D

SCShrek
13 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

If it is, then it's an instant and cheap upgrade of all those Regmariners out there :D

And a ton of gate cheapies :)

NCRich
1 hour ago, SCShrek said:

Probably not.

GenTLe
13 hours ago, NCRich said:

Probably not.

Uhm, I think it should be: if you look the YT video, the watchmaker swap it for a Miyota genuine 8215, just fixing the size of minute and second hand holes and replacing the stem fitted in the crown with the Miyota one. And the Miyota 8215 has the same dimention of the low beat DG2813, hence, if this HiBeat one can be replaced with a Miyota 8215 and the Miyota 8215 has the same size of the low beat DG2813, then the DG2813 can be replaced with this High beat version.

NCRich
21 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Uhm, I think it should be: if you look the YT video, the watchmaker swap it for a Miyota genuine 8215, just fixing the size of minute and second hand holes and replacing the stem fitted in the crown with the Miyota one. And the Miyota 8215 has the same dimention of the low beat DG2813, hence, if this HiBeat one can be replaced with a Miyota 8215 and the Miyota 8215 has the same size of the low beat DG2813, then the DG2813 can be replaced with this High beat version.

I will blame you if it doesn't work.  And I will change your name to GingerBubba.

:rofl:

GenTLe
13 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I will blame you if it doesn't work.  And I will change your name to GingerBubba.

:rofl:

Noooo... Ginger no please.... At most "BlackBubba" as I've black hair :D

Mr_B

Not sure about making a hole in the second hand smaller and the minute hand bigger (reversed if changing to the 28,800 MVT)

GenTLe
8 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Not sure about making a hole in the second hand smaller and the minute hand bigger (reversed if changing to the 28,800 MVT)

That was about fitting the high beat 2813 into the Miyota hand post. Well, the first that will try will tell us. I suppose that eventually you can even just swap the escapement wheel, pallet fork and balance (with its brigde) into a low beat 2813 would eventually work to make it an high beat :)

NCRich
On 25/08/2019 at 08:53, GenTLe said:

That was about fitting the high beat 2813 into the Miyota hand post. Well, the first that will try will tell us. I suppose that eventually you can even just swap the escapement wheel, pallet fork and balance (with its brigde) into a low beat 2813 would eventually work to make it an high beat :)

I ordered 2 when the price dropped.  We will see.  If it doesn't work I'm sending a bill to @GenTLe  Besides, I have this.

IMG-4319.jpg

processengr

My Starking arrived yesterday...packaged like a much more expensive watch, smooth sweep...cardboard like strap...

48738294687_91b6be50f2_b.jpg

NCRich
16 minutes ago, processengr said:

My Starking arrived yesterday...packaged like a much more expensive watch, smooth sweep...cardboard like strap...

48738294687_91b6be50f2_b.jpg

I have two sitting in the PO at home.    Look forward to seeing them.

Theviking

This is a great thread, can't believe I've only just seen it. I was hoping for a bit more info as to how a 2813 has been adapted to run at 28.8khz. different balance wheel etc?

Also interested about the replacement for other 2813 movements.

rikracy

I'll be eagerly waiting for an update on the install!

FudgyDocker

I have 2 of these, and apparently these are 28.8K DG2803s. I've no doubt that we'll find out very soon from @NCRich if they will work as a straight swap for a low beat 2813.

rikracy

Just pulled the trigger in anticipation..... something good from the AliExpress mess!:D

Let's hope Starking have plenty 'in stock'!!!

NCRich

Pretty box

IMG-4550.jpg

Obviously any date watch will need an overlay since most reps are at 3.  I'll take a look at a swap after work.

NCRich

Well, on the plus side its a much better finished movement than your standard 2813.  It runs really smoothly, nice sweep.  It's not a 2803, it is apparently a SK1813. It is produced by the Shenzhen Jingrui Movement Company. Dial feet fit a 2813 and are screwed on like a 2813, and the hands are 90/150/25 so it is not a direct swap.  I have a big box o'sub and DJ hands as seen above so I fit hands to them.  You will need a DWO if you use it on anything other than a no-date something.  Stem looks compatible but honestly I didn't try it on a 2813, it just looks the same.  Had a spare dial laying about so did this.  I'll probably use it on a no date sub I have, and I'm going to swap a DWO on a datejust I have and use the other one there.

IMG-4554.jpg

So you have to be pretty skilled to do this and it uses a ETA hand set.  Its worth the $24 a piece just for the fun of doing it.  Here is the pdf of the movement.

http://www.starkingwatch.com/upload/file/201708/1813.pdf

GenTLe

Thanks Rich! Good job :)

Popperini

I never did convert my basket of watches to a purchase - thought I’d wait and see what Rich had to report. It still sounds like a worthwhile punt when these are on sale.

Rich, did you buy the box of Sub hands or is it the result of accumulating them over time? If the former, any chance of a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk