Nstirton

Sourcing a "birth year" watch - help!

Nstirton

Hi all,

Looking towards my 40th next year and I'd LOVE to get a "year of birth" watch - in my case 1980.

A few quick searches haven't come up with much - can you recommend a source to look for such a thing?

Or even better, can your recommend a reference from that year?

Ideally an Omega,  around 38mm. Not concerned with strap type or metal. But interested in any suggestions you've got. 

Any info great fully received!

GingerApple

Go to chrono24, search all men's watches setting the year as 1980 (you could also further refine your search using your price range) and boom, job done!

RussP

Plenty of variety online for birth year watches.

Use Google and type in 'watches from 1980'.

Good Luck!

Mystery Shopper

Pulsar digital with on board calculator maybe?  :D

Nstirton

Haha thanks all! 

I had tried chrono24 but it seems to throw up watches from different years also, and includes "from around 1980". Good start though and I've got a few possibilities. 

Oddly I hadn't tried a straight Google search, will give that a go. 

Have also contacted the second hand Omega boutique here in London, hoping they might be able to help. 

Thanks guys! 

deju

Narrow it down with a style or brand helps,

the Chrono24 search filters are a bit shit so directly searching a year helps. Alternatively if you find the model you like you can use google to research the correct reference number for the year. Then search by the reference number 

I am cursed with my birth year having practically no nice models. 

Many mates have gone for Birth year Datejusts. When I go for a birth year I’d like an omega speedmaster or a Rolex GMT2.

Nstirton
2 hours ago, deju said:

Narrow it down with a style or brand helps,

the Chrono24 search filters are a bit shit so directly searching a year helps. Alternatively if you find the model you like you can use google to research the correct reference number for the year. Then search by the reference number 

I am cursed with my birth year having practically no nice models. 

Many mates have gone for Birth year Datejusts. When I go for a birth year I’d like an omega speedmaster or a Rolex GMT2.

Good man, thanks for the additional tips. I'm beginning to think that my available choices will be quite limited. I live in hope, though! 

BadApple

Found mine..... 

61M41KYfe0L.jpg