ssmith

Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 904L SH3135V2 - Regulation Issue

ssmith

Received a "Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 904L SH3135V2" from a TD yesterday. QC pictures showed the watch working at 15.6s/d. I accepted.

The seconds off per day seem to be within the reported range, the issue is that for every 60 seconds that passes the hour and minute marker move greater than one minute worth of movement. Over five minutes the time is about 1 minute fast while the second hand is just about right on.

Any advise on how to fix this issue (please note I did an extensive search and was unable to find the same issue)?

Ahew9391

If that is the case then surely the hands rotate 1 hour in a 50 minute interval ?

try to leave it a couple of hours and see how it keeps time ?

ssmith

Short time lapse video of the issue found here; https://youtu.be/UUFu5QpOzoQ

Notice while the second hand rotated 15 times (this "should" advance the minutes by "15") it advances the minutes by 17 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Ahew9391 said:

If that is the case then surely the hands rotate 1 hour in a 50 minute interval ?

try to leave it a couple of hours and see how it keeps time ?

That is correct. Here is a time lapse video that shows 15 rotations of the second hand advancing the time by 17 minutes. https://youtu.be/UUFu5QpOzoQ

GenTLe

This is REALLY a strange problem, looks like if there is a gear with a tooth more than what it should be somewhere in the hour gear train...

The second hand is attached to the 4th wheel of the main gear train, which is directly connected to the barrel at one side and to the balance at the other side, so that is what keeps the time. The minutes and hour hands are indirectly driven, but still they take the motion from the main gear train 2nd wheel.

Can you see how it believes in a 24hour run? Are the hour and min hands both moving accordingly faster?

hanski
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

This is REALLY a strange problem, looks like if there is a gear with a tooth more than what it should be somewhere in the hour gear train...

The second hand is attached to the 4th wheel of the main gear train, which is directly connected to the barrel at one side and to the balance at the other side, so that is what keeps the time. The minutes and hour hands are indirectly driven, but still they take the motion from the main gear train 2nd wheel.

Can you see how it believes in a 24hour run? Are the hour and min hands both moving accordingly faster?

You're on to something. I would suspect the minute wheel or minute cannon pinion is dirty, damaged, or incorrectly toothed. This would cause the reduction to be incorrect, thus the difference between seconds and minutes. 

ssmith
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Yes both the hour and minute hands are fast (i.e. the hour and minute hand advance appropriately at the correct timing but not in sync with the second hand).

GenTLe

I think you need a proper watch tech or even talk to the TD and maybe send it back for repair...

FoxWilde

I’d send it back. See if they can get you a new one. Very strange problem indeed...

ssmith

I reached out yesterday to the TD. Waiting to hear back.

Edited by ssmith

ssmith

Shipped it back to the TD today.

luisrm02

Overall are the arf 3135v2 movements reliable?

vkhaa

I had this exact problem. The minute hand fitting on the minute wheel is slightly off in size. Typically the watch took a shock during shipping etc. 

Just bring it to watchsmith and ask them to take out the dial and check the wheel, and reset the hand. Cost me $30. 

Wouldn't send it back to TD given the risk of custom (well, depend where you are). Should be an easy job for local watchsmith if they okay looking at rep movement.

capice

Sending back,...that was the best solution.....

ssmith

The watch was shipped back and is now showing "held in customs" in China since the 5th. Does anyone have any experience with this?