Steve36

What to buy with £1000???

Steve36

Fellas

My wife just told me to pick a new watch for my upcoming birthday, value around a grand. 

All very nice and everything but I haven’t got a clue what to get??

Hoped to get some ideas  from you all as I’m stumped, I’m hoping to get something for everyday use, an all rounder casual yet smart enough to look a bit flash. 

Love my divers watches, military and chronos to give an idea, size wise it would have to be 40-45mm hopefully 200m wr 

maybe asking to much but don’t know until I try eh? 

Thanks in advance 

simey83

Longines or Oris :)

Steve36

Cheers fellas will have a look into the Oris

GingerApple

3 or 4 top notch reps....

Or are you strictly thinking Gen.

Steve36

Nah, not really mate I’m open to all ideas to be fair, good idea actually maybe get a Franken build perhaps?

Edited by Steve36

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Steve36 said:

Nah, not really mate I’m open to all ideas to be fair, good idea actually maybe get a Frankenstein build perhaps?

Ooooh! A Tripdog vintage Rolex. Doesn't get much better!!!!

Steve36

Does he make them to order??

GingerApple
14 minutes ago, Steve36 said:

Does he make them to order??

That's exactly what he does. Ping @tripdog123 a message, he's totally flexible; he'll change the spec, I've seen watches he's built from say $1k to going on $2k (and no doubt lots more), he'll adjust parts to fit in with budgets, desire to be Gen like etc. The man's a genius. Look at this bad boy: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/vintage-watches/6591636-rolex-gmt-6542-the-watch-that-keeps-on-giving

SteveA

Oris Aquis Or Longines

Jimmyrich1
15 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Ping @tripdog123 a message, he's totally flexible; he'll change the spec, I've seen watches he's built from say $1k to going on $2k (and no doubt lots more), he'll adjust parts to fit in with budgets, desire to be Gen like etc. The man's a genius. 

I've been so tempted to contact him about a build, but I feel like I've not really earned my rep stripes to be jumping into super frankens so soon. I feel like I should probably build up to it. Like a sort of watch foreplay if you will.

Khronos

Sinns are nice for this kind of money:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Instrument_Watches/104.htm

They are even cheaper on Chrono24 from an AD in Lichtenstein ( not in the EU, but he ships from Germany). 

Plus Oris of course, can't go wrong with that. 

deju

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/uboat/u-boat-mens-capsoil-dlc-ref-8108-black-dial--id10460146.htm

7 minutes ago, Khronos said:

Sinns are nice for this kind of money:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Instrument_Watches/104.htm

They are even cheaper on Chrono24 from an AD in Lichtenstein ( not in the EU, but he ships from Germany). 

Plus Oris of course, can't go wrong with that. 

Oh sinn is a good shout many models go up in value, especially the B&R ones  

Steve36

Cheers fellas some great ideas coming in

Khronos

The one thing I found with sub-2000 quid level gens is that they look and feel very plain compared to super reps of high end watches. Plain and simple bracelets, non matching datewheels... The one I did actually like is the Sinn 103st, the plain one with acrylic crystal. It has a Speedy vibe and is very well made. And a couple of Oris divers, but they were a bit more than a grand. 

deju
13 minutes ago, Khronos said:

The one thing I found with sub-2000 quid level gens is that they look and feel very plain compared to super reps of high end watches. Plain and simple bracelets, non matching datewheels... The one I did actually like is the Sinn 103st, the plain one with acrylic crystal. It has a Speedy vibe and is very well made. And a couple of Oris divers, but they were a bit more than a grand. 

They did a BR by sinn 103 too stunning watch! a few years ago they were flipping for only £500-600 :cry:

also a fan of the Sinn BR space model. 

BenjaminButton

+2 for Del’s CW suggestion. They have some excellent watches in their ranges and seem to be going from strength to strength on many levels. I’m particularly liking the C65 Dartmouth edition with its bracelet.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c65-dartmouth-series1-1

464dfcf1402f7839976767254e21d70f.jpg

Piccolo
1 hour ago, deju said:

They did a BR by sinn 103 too stunning watch! a few years ago they were flipping for only £500-600 :cry:

also a fan of the Sinn BR space model. 

I had a 203 B&R by Sinn - number 199 of 300. Offered it to Travis Pastrana via Instagram :D

great watches

stfrance
3 hours ago, Khronos said:

Sinns are nice for this kind of money

+1