cvp3

Citizen Bullhead Chronograph (3)

cvp3

OK, I tend to fall in love with a style of watch and then start chasing the color ways. Happened with my Seiko SKX, Seiko KS, Seiko Monsters, Timex Marlin, Sharkeys, HMT redials, Glycines and more. That's how I ended up with over 400 watches. Well, the Citizen Bullhead bug got me.....real bad. 3 color ways and nearly $850 later here they are:

$318 - Gold dial sourced from India, 100% certain this is a genuine barn find with all original dial, bracelet and serviced movement. 

$298 - Blue dial sourced from Korea. Definitely a redial, wrong bracelet, but fully serviced original movement. 

$225 - White dial sourced from Mexico. Another redial, new hands, new Crystal, new bezel, correct replacement Citizen bracelet, claimed serviced movement, but doubting it. We'll see.

I also purchased 2 Repro Citizen bullhead bracelets from the Phllippines for $75. The gold hit customs today, expecting the other 2 in 2 weeks. 

image.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

image.jpg

NCRich

I love those.  Just so unique.

RussP

I'm beginning to wonder if we were separated at birth ?

Thanks for sharing your journey with the rest of us.

semperfi55

Very nice!

What are the sizes on average?  (Diameter at its widest)

Also you have a skill in finding great bargains. I’m am not seeing the same prices for watches of similar condition (aware of the redial)!

cvp3
24 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I love those.  Just so unique.

Like I posted before these were on my must buy list. They bubbled back up to the top after Brad Pitt was wearing one in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. 

13 minutes ago, RussP said:

I'm beginning to wonder if we were separated at birth ?

Thanks for sharing your journey with the rest of us.

LOL. Possibly. Watch addicts anonymous. 

2 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Very nice!

What are the sizes on average?  (Diameter at its widest)

These run small at 38mm. Part of the allure for me is a mechanical chrono that small. 

semperfi55
5 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

38mm

Perfect size 

cvp3

I wear a lot of vintage watches that tend to fall in the 35 - 40mm category. Don't get me wrong, every now and then you gotta throw on a 47mm Panerai but mostly I'm an under 42mm guy.

judas9r

I love these things. However I'm torn between wanting one soo bad and, knowing I'd never wear it. Thanks for sharing these.

CurioLeo

OK, I'll play. Here is my Seiko bulkhead, would really like a Challenge Timer in SS but they are not very big.

20190830-083808.jpg

RussP
11 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

OK, I'll play. Here is my Seiko bulkhead, would really like a Challenge Timer in SS but they are not very big.

20190830-083808.jpg

Very nice indeed!

CurioLeo
1 minute ago, RussP said:

Very nice indeed!

We need to get together and share our collection :thumbsup:

cvp3

That Seiko is also on my list. Even refurb' versions seem to go north of $650. 

CurioLeo
1 hour ago, cvp3 said:

That Seiko is also on my list. Even refurb' versions seem to go north of $650. 

Yeah, they have escalated in value. Mine has been relatively recently serviced and  has a genuine  NOS dial, handset, bezel, crystal and bracelet in an excellent condition original case. It might be one if the best examples around so I am guessing it would be north of $1,500

cvp3

Well, seller completely flaked last night. Had a feeling about this one.....after 3,000+ transactions I can usually smell them going bad before they do. He cancelled the transaction after I paid, then said it would take a few days for the refund to go through. All inaccurate of course as the seller can/should initiate the refund immediately. I gave him 24 hours to make it right. Of course he didn't, so filed a claim via eBay. Either way I'll get my money back and he'll get hammered on his feedback. 

I asked him why the cancellation he stated the watch stopped working. Hmmm, so it was fine when you listed it. Fine when I asked him for more pictures of the movement. Fine when I asked for video. But suddenly when it sells for $100 less than it was worth it stopped working? LOL

cvp3

Here's a little sizing perspective for the two bullheads. 

image.jpg

CurioLeo
17 hours ago, cvp3 said:

Here's a little sizing perspective for the two bullheads. 

image.jpg

My point exactly and the full stainless steel octagonal case is slightly smaller still although it does have a bit more wrist presence.

Having said that, if you have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Brad Pitt is wearing the gold version on a bund strap and it looks pretty cool on a badass stunt double  :thumbsup:

theslavetrainer

Is there a clear pic of the gold brad version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvp3
10 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

My point exactly and the full stainless steel octagonal case is slightly smaller still although it does have a bit more wrist presence.

Having said that, if you have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Brad Pitt is wearing the gold version on a bund strap and it looks pretty cool on a badass stunt double  :thumbsup:

Yes, saw that. That's what rekindled my interest. 

cvp3
8 hours ago, theslavetrainer said:

Is there a clear pic of the gold brad version?

Plenty:

35814819-32249753.jpg?v=1563813281

BP_CLIFFBOOTH.jpg

citizen-8110-bullhead-brad-pitt-once-upo

1871751-e5f3ea85469ca101a8d9174537be873b

theslavetrainer

Thanks for that.

cvp3
On August 30, 2019 at 10:32, cvp3 said:

Well, seller completely flaked last night. Had a feeling about this one.....after 3,000+ transactions I can usually smell them going bad before they do. He cancelled the transaction after I paid, then said it would take a few days for the refund to go through. All inaccurate of course as the seller can/should initiate the refund immediately. I gave him 24 hours to make it right. Of course he didn't, so filed a claim via eBay. Either way I'll get my money back and he'll get hammered on his feedback. 

I asked him why the cancellation he stated the watch stopped working. Hmmm, so it was fine when you listed it. Fine when I asked him for more pictures of the movement. Fine when I asked for video. But suddenly when it sells for $100 less than it was worth it stopped working? LOL

RANT UPDATE: This fucking guy

So flaked seller sends me 6 rapid fire messages Friday night  through eBay from midnight to 12:08am. Asks if I still want the watch. Then says nope, I'm relisting it because it sold too low. Then apologizes and says,  watch what I do next with you feedback. WTF. By the time I wake up and read all this shit - I remind him that eBay can see all his messages to me and that it would be in his best interest to just send me the refund. 

So his relisted watch sells for $10 more, LOL. Dumbass sends me a refund via PayPal as a transaction and pays $12 in fees. This guy has an 800+ feedback and can't figure out how to do a proper refund. What a dipshit. 

cvp3

Got my refund from eBay. Seller's feedback officially hammered. Gold and Blue Citizen delivered. Absolutely smitten.

Bash64

I passed on a vintage Seiko Brown dial bullhead a few years ago as $200 seemed high and I had enough vintage Seiko chronos.

Two weeks ago I realized my mistake on the second part and when I started to price them out now found I'd missed the boat on the first part also

Nice pick up on your pair, cvp3.

cvp3

Thanks! 

Thinwrist

I have a seiko helmet and like it very much. Every time I see a unmolested seiko bullhead come up it goes for more than I am willing to spend. Maybe I’ll look for a citizen one instead. 
don’t get me wrong I’m willing to pay up for the right watch but for the issues I see in some of the ones I come across they go for more than I feel they are worth. I’m getting impatient. Lol.