MRR

Should I buy a rep?

Baz1984
17 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Honestly sometimes in this game you have to bend your expectations and wishes to what's available. Below is a comparison of a genuine and replica Tudor Pelagos that I own (before I sold the rep off).   Even in person the replica was very very close in appearance to the genuine.  Can you tell which one is genuine?   This is why I and many others here will tell you to pick the watch according to which one is the best and most accurate in your general style versus the one that you like the look of.  This is especially true if you're in a position where others around you may have genuine pieces. 

IMG_20180902_0954133effa34ebd7c4d01.jpg

One other bit of wisdom.... Make sure you pick a watch which has a clone ETA movement either a 2824 or 2836. This makes it easy and relatively inexpensive to just swap out the movement to it's Swiss counterpart should the watch malfunction or die.

I can't tell

davidmodic
57 minutes ago, Baz1984 said:

I can't tell

Left one is gen.

Rx4Time
3 hours ago, Baz1984 said:

I can't tell

This perfectly illustrates my point.  The two liner is genuine. 

Baz1984

I looked at that, then I looked at the bezel "points" it's Deffo going on my list of watches to own. 

Genius
On 01/09/2019 at 08:26, MRR said:

That blue DD-40 is one of only a handful of watches that I instantly liked.

Just buy the rep, you like it, it's not particularly expensive and if it comes and you really can't bring yourself to wear it you can always flip it again on here for a small loss but at least you tried.  I think you'll be shocked at how good the rep is and find you really like it 

zulu44gmt

I have some Seiko 5 7S26 and some DG2813- that get more wear then others... Running, mowing the lawn, building stuff, days at the beach, and dinners... Aside from using a 400 ft lb double impact wearing a dg2813 (shook the hands loose- and no watch should have been worn..lol)

. They both are cheap but seem to handle daily life just fine.

Oops just realized the date... For some reason this thread just appeared in my thread...

Sent from craptalk

Iloverepwatches

OK you're gone.