chrislovessushi

Volunteers For New Replica Watch Wiki Site?

chrislovessushi

Hello all! I've recently put together a new Wiki site for replica watches. My idea is to have a central location for a lot of commonly asked questions that people can reference rather than digging through threads with potentially outdated info. The wiki is currently open for anyone to edit/add pages/info so the community can have a consensus on certain things. My main focus right now is listing the various and current versions of models from different factories, along with the changes from the previous version and remaining flaws compared to gen. If anyone is bored with RWI being offline, then please feel free to join in and help contribute to the site!

mysterio

Put all that hard work into a wiki site so luxury watch manufacturers can set their snipers on the rep watch community by using the reference for legal proceedings. Good luck with that.

chrislovessushi
46 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Put all that hard work into a wiki site so luxury watch manufacturers can set their snipers on the rep watch community by using the reference for legal proceedings. Good luck with that.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. This site will simply serve to organize information already found on public forums such as this one. 

Rx4Time

I think the biggest concern I have is its redundant.  There's already threads associated with this on RWI.   Over time they have become somewhat of a mess because the makers are constantly changing and updating versions and available models.   Unless you plan on spending a lot of time constantly maintaining it, the information will become outdated and just as scattered like the existing resources.  I wish you well in your quest.  Unfortunately I'm not optimistic that it'll become the quick and simple resource that you're envisioning. 

I understand the concerns that @mysterio has stated also, And that is quite simply creating a resource that's easy for someone to search when they're thinking about buying a replica would also offer the same level of ease for those who wish to prosecute and suppress the hobby. 

mysterio
3 hours ago, chrislovessushi said:

I'm not sure I follow your logic. This site will simply serve to organize information already found on public forums such as this one. 

Legally, instead of having to scour the forums for this information, the lawyers for the luxury watch manufacturers have it on a silver platter, annotated, arranged alphabetically, complete with champagne, all thanks to this "project" of yours. Kill the hobby.

Practically, instead of getting people interested in participating in the forums, they'll just visit your wiki.  Kill the forums. 

Your project will only serve a minority. Those who are too lazy to even bother searching for information. The cliff notes generation. always wanting the fast and easy way.  If you can't follow my logic, then that's your problem, not mine. Personally, I will not have my reviews poached. I put them where I want them to be viewed.

Glaude

Isn't it you that I told we do not like information being outside the forum on RWI ?

And you proceed to create a wiki about it ? 

The whole point of this game is to keep it as low as possible, if it's you, I told you that you could create a thread to regroup links and info without a problem on RWI ...

I'll see with other staff member but for now, the address is hidden

chrislovessushi
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

Isn't it you that I told we do not like information being outside the forum on RWI ?

And you proceed to create a wiki about it ? 

The whole point of this game is to keep it as low as possible, if it's you, I told you that you could create a thread to regroup links and info without a problem on RWI ...

I'll see with other staff member but for now, the address is hidden

No, that wasn't me. 

I'll proceed with my endeavor on my own then.

Rawbe
30 minutes ago, chrislovessushi said:

No, that wasn't me. 

I'll proceed with my endeavor on my own then.

My friend I think you have the right idea, but perhaps reorganizing information on our rep sites (rwg, rwi, repgeek) and making it more uniform/updated would be a better use of your time and even applauded by the many members of all the forums.  Creating a new location with visibility to all using the information that was compiled by members of these board for these boards will only hurt the hobby.  I urge you to rethink your approach and perhaps work to compile your own updated threads within the respective forums which would most likely get stickier and help all members, especially new ones in search of such information. Many of the members that have chimed in already are veterans in this game, and they only advised you the way they did due to what they already know will happen. Good luck in your endeavor, but remember we would much rather you work with us to further this hobby and help the community than to work against the existing rep boards and harm the hobby.  

Rob