Watchnerd23

What is the longest your watch has sat in customs and still been delivered?

Watchnerd23

For the US based people, how long do your watches normally sit in customs? I made my very first rep purchase from a highly regarded TD here and it was a fantastic process, his communication and service was excellent. But my watch has been sitting in ISC New York for 15 days now. This is unusual for me. I’ve bought rep wallets/sunglasses/bags from AliExpress and DHgate before and they all sail through customs in less than a day. Never more. So naturally I am freaking out a little bit. 

I contacted my TD and he suggested I call customs. He even said if they ask me what’s in the package to just say a “watch” and nothing more.

From all the googling I did, it sounds like customs wouldn’t even be able to track the package or locate it for me if it’s sitting in one of their bins and that they can only track it if it’s being formally detained.

Have you all experienced delays this bad and still had your package delivered? He shipped via China EMS. 

deju

Marlin 177 came through NY to UK sat for 1-2months 

bobandshawn

2 weeks...

Watchnerd23
21 minutes ago, bobandshawn said:

2 weeks...

So  perhaps I shouldn’t give up hope yet. Maybe since it’s the last two weeks of August people are on vacation and customs is slower.  Ugh. 

Glaude

I wouldn't give up, I recall seeing very long wait at US Custom for no particular reason. If there's an issue with it, they'll let you know quickly. Most probably have been dropped somewhere out the shipping line and will be picked up and put back on the conveyor belt

JoeyLV

Thus is why no matter how much I want a watch from abroad I say no thank you. My anxiety would be through the roof 

BabaNJ

I have gen parts sitting in JFK NYC customs since July 12... They cant seize them but i have almost given hope of getting them. 

Watchnerd23
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

I wouldn't give up, I recall seeing very long wait at US Custom for no particular reason. If there's an issue with it, they'll let you know quickly. Most probably have been dropped somewhere out the shipping line and will be picked up and put back on the conveyor belt

I hope you’re right! Fingers crossed that the delay is because of everyone taking vacations the last two weeks of August. 

40 minutes ago, BabaNJ said:

I have gen parts sitting in JFK NYC customs since July 12... They cant seize them but i have almost given hope of getting them. 

This is the kind of thing that worries me. Good luck. 

fatarms

My record for NYC is 17 days.  NYC either has the most stuff to deal with or the laziest fucking agents ever.  It takes forever whenever it come through NYC.  As stated above, 17 days for me is a long time, but nowhere near the occasional long time in NYC customs.  If you haven't received your item in a month, then maybe it may be time to panic.  Before that, chalk it up to being in the NYC customs area.  They fucking suck.

BabaNJ
38 minutes ago, Watchnerd23 said:

This is the kind of thing that worries me. Good luck. 

At least they were bought from ebay and i have the option of getting my money back. It's 2 dials and gen hands. I am giving the seller another week before i go knocking for ebay customer service. 

capice

one of mine still is...for months...:zzz:

skibaron

I ordered three watches this past month held at that exact same location (ISC New York) for two weeks without any updates.  Don't give up hope.  Despite that being said, I checked the status seven times a day getting more and more upset.  Amazon has made me incredibly impatient.

rek001

I foolishly ordered a Parnis Daytona shortly before Christmas -  it finally showed up over 2 months later, alleged Customs backup of holiday packages. Ridiculous.

jsmm

longest has been 2 days (maybe I was the lucky one) china-uk.. thats happened 3 times

Watchnerd23
On 02/09/2019 at 22:44, fatarms said:

My record for NYC is 17 days.  NYC either has the most stuff to deal with or the laziest fucking agents ever.  It takes forever whenever it come through NYC.  As stated above, 17 days for me is a long time, but nowhere near the occasional long time in NYC customs.  If you haven't received your item in a month, then maybe it may be time to panic.  Before that, chalk it up to being in the NYC customs area.  They fucking suck.

Today was day 17. No change. This sucks.

What makes it even worse is that with all the rep products I have ordered from aliexpress and dhgate over the years, each and everyone sat in ISC NY for less than a day. What are the odds my first rep watch gets held up? I emailed fat panda, he said ISC NY is the worst location for watches. Does he put "watch" on the declaration form? He said I should call customs to inquire and if they ask what's in the package, to just say "a watch" nothing more.  I read that customs cant track packages anyways unless they are formally detaining them. So it sounds like a fruitless endeavor to call. 

BadPickle
7 hours ago, Watchnerd23 said:

Today was day 17. No change. This sucks.

What makes it even worse is that with all the rep products I have ordered from aliexpress and dhgate over the years, each and everyone sat in ISC NY for less than a day. What are the odds my first rep watch gets held up? I emailed fat panda, he said ISC NY is the worst location for watches. Does he put "watch" on the declaration form? He said I should call customs to inquire and if they ask what's in the package, to just say "a watch" nothing more.  I read that customs cant track packages anyways unless they are formally detaining them. So it sounds like a fruitless endeavor to call. 

It’s just how the dice roll when you illegally import counterfeit goods. 

brang1

chinese post is all over the shop at present, stuff is getting delayed with all the crackdowns over there

Watchnerd23
On 03/09/2019 at 11:02, rek001 said:

I foolishly ordered a Parnis Daytona shortly before Christmas -  it finally showed up over 2 months later, alleged Customs backup of holiday packages. Ridiculous.

Was there any indication they opened it and looked at it, or was it just a case of them sitting on it for two months?

rek001

Nope, the package came intact.  Apparently there was a huge backup from holiday goods not being delivered before Christmas. I'm sure a lot of people were pissed not being able to give the Christmas present they thoughtfully picked out.

mysterio
On 05/09/2019 at 16:03, brang1 said:

chinese post is all over the shop at present, stuff is getting delayed with all the crackdowns over there

True but that has nothing to do with the OP's issue, which is his package staying for a long time in ISC NY.

brang1
2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

True but that has nothing to do with the OP's issue, which is his package staying for a long time in ISC NY.

I think  ISC New York are just basically lazy bastards, playing with our heads man.

giphy.gif

mysterio
3 hours ago, brang1 said:

I think  ISC New York are just basically lazy bastards, playing with our heads man.

giphy.gif

That's possible. Or it's mismanaged, which indicates another type of laziness but much more highly paid fuckers.

Watchnerd23
On 03/09/2019 at 04:24, capice said:

one of mine still is...for months...:zzz:

Have you called to inquire what is going on?

Ramone50000

Not sure if it was stuck in customs the entire time or at some other sorting facilities but I had a watch that took 6 months before I received it. I had given up hope until a notice came asking me to pay some 20 dollars in customs fees - I gladly obliged.