Moriarty

JLC Skeleton Tourbillon

Moriarty

New member here.

A friend of mine just returned from China with a couple replicas he picked up at a shop.  I was impressed with the quality, and quickly started researching myself.

I've trolled a bunch of sites, including some reddit faqs, which of course lead me here, and now have some questions before dropping some dough on one of the more expensive replicas.

1) First off, it sounds like I should always just email the TD directly rather than go through their website?  I assume send a link to the page on the site, plus a pic of the watch.

2) As far as I can tell, JLC never made a skeleton tourbillon like these, so I'm assuming they are pure fantasy?  Anyone have more info on that?

3) Does anyone know which movement these are actually using?

Here's a post from puretime that mentions a Sea-Gull movement:

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/jaeger-lecoultre/master-ultra-thin-moon/master-ultra-thin-tourbillon-rg-skeleton-dial-rg-inner-bezel-on-brown-leather-strap.html

And another from Perfect Clones which claims Flying Man.

https://www.pf-868.com/jaeger-lecoultre/real-tourbillons/0jl00768-master-skeleton-tourbillon-rg-le-r-gold-flying-tourbill.html

In this latter case, elsewhere I've seen the Flying Man Tourbillon movement talked about, it has been manual.  This and the puretime description both mention Automatic.

4) I really like the look of rose gold / brown strap.  Am I going to regret going that direction with a replica?

5) Any advice on choosing a TD?  The Perfect Clones listing is $70 cheaper than Puretime's.  Puretime has much higher quality photos and video, though I'm not sure how much stock I should put into that.  Any other particular dealers I should be looking into?

Thanks!