Stratoblaster

36mm BP DateJust Bezel, Thickness??

Stratoblaster

Hola everyone,

I'm communicating with Josh, and I think I'm going for a 36mm DateJust with Fluted Bezel.
Trying to see if the Fluted bezels are 'thinner', than they used to be. ? (Or do they look huge??)

https://www.pf-868.com/r36djs-504-116234-ss-ss-fluted-jubilee-2019-blue-sticks-a-2824.html

Does anyone know if BP or DJF are particularly better than the other?
perfect-clones-DJ.jpg

Stratoblaster

Well, if anyone was interested, here is the result. Gen vs. BP.
Giving serious consideration to replacing the Crystal with 2.5x cyclops.
Gen-BP1.jpg

Edited by Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster

The font is nice and thin (I have an ARF sub, so....) But I am thinking a 2.5x cyclops on proper crystal will make a big difference. Is it me?

Rx4Time

The magnification is most likely affected by the distance between the date wheel and the cyclops. A genuine crystal will improve the black hole effect, but not the magnification.  A different height gasket might help this.   To answer the initial question, the bezel is taller on both vs genuine. 

Stratoblaster

Thank you @Rx4Time. I was told certain models do appear weaker due to height, etc. I had also read somewhere about some models being 2x, and I have personally seen confirmed Gens with 'weird' magnification.  (smaller than normal, and some ladies with dark date fonts)
So far watch has been great, and have not moved on to upgrading crystal. Other projects....Of course.
Ed2Fnl5.jpg
(Local 'friend' gave me 4 reps, and said just give me $150 when I get back.)
All unknown factory....and the ONLY one I wanted $#*&^@# fell  on to concrete directly on crystal, after having for about 2 hours. (Hands were full, and one watch was a Gigantic HEAVY Jacques Piccard Model......