NCRich

Tudor Oyster Prince sub 79xx (28?)

NCRich

Here is the gen.

10-1964-TUDOR-OYSTER-PRINCE-SUBMARINER-T

So I've got an embarrassing number of Tudors now, but this one has a bezel that  is an improvement.  This is the standard JK sub case, but with the WSO bezel and insert.  It is a Yuki dial, which I did a bit of tropical work on and relumed.  It has a tropic 39 plexi from cousins.

IMG-6769.jpg

IMG-6757.jpg

IMG-6758.jpg

IMG-6759.jpg

Bezel is better and functions fine after a bit of work.

J!m

I stopped using the WO990 bezels because the insert does not snap in properly. I was advised that Gary's are good, but he doesn't list them and they need the top face polished before use.

Do you have any experience with them? I need one for my otherwise gen 9411/0 blue dial. A good bezel ring will complete it, and I'm not paying $750 or more, for a gen one.

NCRich
2 minutes ago, J!m said:

I stopped using the WO990 bezels because the insert does not snap in properly. I was advised that Gary's are good, but he doesn't list them and they need the top face polished before use.

Do you have any experience with them? I need one for my otherwise gen 9411/0 blue dial. A good bezel ring will complete it, and I'm not paying $750 or more, for a gen one.

I used his 1675 bezels.  Polishing is easy, but the functionality of the bezel sux.  They just don't turn once the retaining ring is pressed over HIS plexi.  But the insert snapped in.

Mr Seamaster

WSO and clarks are totally off.

I use vietnam bezels only for my builds. They’re the same €/$ as Clarks and cheaper than WSO‘s and a great quality piece.

Have a look.

8f7eb39d3ccdbcd03e69b223822872e5.jpga815cccf30c7557e3e3aa748f8dad19f.jpgbe52a7215ada414d82eef929127b6f2c.jpg5747ee05d738e3c6c8a5a3c4b5664c6c.jpg

hanski
1 hour ago, J!m said:

Clark’s and WSO are okay. Better than Cartel IMO. But I’d recommend getting one from Phong. Those are much better than the rest and only a bit more expensive (more than 1/2 the price of a $750 gen). 

BadPickle
21 minutes ago, Mr Seamaster said:

WSO and clarks are totally off.

I use vietnam bezels only for my builds. They’re the same €/$ as Clarks and cheaper than WSO‘s and a great quality piece.

Have a look.

8f7eb39d3ccdbcd03e69b223822872e5.jpga815cccf30c7557e3e3aa748f8dad19f.jpgbe52a7215ada414d82eef929127b6f2c.jpg5747ee05d738e3c6c8a5a3c4b5664c6c.jpg

Which vietnam? There seems to be a few of varying quality.

Mr Seamaster

I wouldnt recommend phong due to his prices. I have a source in the US and can get a complete new VN bezelassembly for $100.

Quality is all the same as its the same factory.

BadPickle
1 minute ago, Mr Seamaster said:

I wouldnt recommend phong due to his prices. I have a source in the US and can get a complete new VN bezelassembly for $100.

:thumbsup2:  

hanski
45 minutes ago, Mr Seamaster said:

Cool - will you share it with us? 

Mr Seamaster

Try Yodog over at Repgeek, he’s a stand up guy and great to deal with.

J!m

@Mr Seamaster that bezel ring looks like an older one that has been polished. The one on my 1680 is a new genuine one. The cuts are deeper and the side is higher. 

I have an over polished gen ring that looks a lot like the one you posted (but not quite as sharp). 

But, for an older case that is soft from polishing, that is a great choice. 

No photo description available.

NCRich
1 hour ago, Mr Seamaster said:

Try Yodog over at Repgeek, he’s a stand up guy and great to deal with.

Thanks!  Great information.

And beautiful build.  Whole different level there with a whole different $.

Mr Seamaster
[mention=39714]Mr Seamaster[/mention] that bezel ring looks like an older one that has been polished. The one on my 1680 is a new genuine one. The cuts are deeper and the side is higher. 
I have an over polished gen ring that looks a lot like the one you posted (but not quite as sharp). 
But, for an older case that is soft from polishing, that is a great choice. 
67662846_3104606296242842_4399681973385473479_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net  

Good observation sir!
Yes indeed, i softened and „overpolished“ the bezel to get the look I wanted. A slightly soft and blingy look.

Thanks!  Great information.
And beautiful build.  Whole different level there with a whole different $.

Thanks rich, if you’re looking for more pics i‘m more active on RG under the same username!

Cheers

HorFan

Here’s a gen up for auction, you could get lucky!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193078784889

J!m

Thanks for the heads-up! I put it on my watch list. Condition is really good too.

That's be over $750 easily I think, since the retainer is also there. Might even hit a grand with today's silly Rolex prices.

The one I bought new for my 1680 (bezel and insert only) was $600 several years ago. Still have that new gen insert I should sell, along with the other gen inserts I have collected...