Sign in to follow this  
Chinese_Gordon

Rolex Pro Hunter Deep Sea Sea Dweller, Swiss ETA or Asian Clone

Chinese_Gordon

I am considering getting a Rolex Pro Hunter Deep Sea Sea Dweller from Trusty Time and have a question about movements. It comes in two movements a Swiss ETA or an Asian Clone (I can't check the exact numbers as I can't get on the website just now). I've read the Swiss one could be a second hand movement so I assume the Asian one will be new? The Asian one is also $100 cheaper. Is there a significant improvement with one movement over the other?

I sent a question regarding strap options through the website on Monday but it's yet to be answered, I am better to email using the address on the TD forum?

NFleischer

Don't get  Swiss, usually old hybrid POS.

BP Factory is main supplier of these.

GenTLe

Yes get an A2836, much better and new. And, if it will break, a new seagull 2836 (probably the top quality production in China) costs 80$.

Would you prefer buying a good bodywork BMW with 580000km engine made in Germany or the same BMW with new engine just like the German one but produced in China?

Chinese_Gordon

Thanks for the replies. The description of the two movements are;

Nickle Plated Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph, Modified to Rolex Calibre 3135 Markings and Bridges

and

Nickle Plated Asian Clone Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph, Modified to Rolex Calibre 3135 Markings and Bridges

I've sent an email regarding straps so will hopefully get a watch ordered soon and I'll check back in with pictures if I get one.