squid9

A2824 Stuck Reversing Wheel - Can I fix this myself?

squid9

Hey guys,

I have a Tudor Black Bay rep with an A2824 movement that's less than a year old. I've barely worn the watch, but when I put it on today and wound it to get the movement started I felt the entire rotor spin. The watch was shaking and very difficult to wind.

A bit of research points to the reversing wheel being stuck. The posters on WUS said it's likely that a cleaning is all that's needed to fix the issue unless there's damage to the parts themselves.

My question for you all is whether this is simple enough for me to fix myself, or if I need professional help. I'm mechanically inclined but don't have any real experience repairing mechanical watches. I don't know any watch makers that service reps, so it its relatively easy to fix I'd be interested in trying myself.

Thanks!

cosmic2000

Hello squid, if you have a look at youtube and the watch repair chanel you will find a video tutorial how to take apart a 2824 and put it together afterwards. There you can decide if you can manage it by yourself and what tools do you need.

Regards c2000

GenTLe

If you have small enough screwdrivers (for that job you'll need a 1.2 and a 1.6mm), some isopropyl alcohol, a sticky ball to open it and a good tweezers, it isn't a difficult task.

Bonus: lubeta v105 to lubricate the wheel before reinstalling.

squid9

@pickledbeetroot

Thanks! Unfortunately it looks like photobucket is holding the pictures hostage. Any chance there's a mirror of that thread somewhere where the pics are visible?

I'm pretty busy these days, but if I get around to taking the watch apart I'll snap some pics and post back here.

hanski
1 hour ago, squid9 said:

@pickledbeetroot

Thanks! Unfortunately it looks like photobucket is holding the pictures hostage. Any chance there's a mirror of that thread somewhere where the pics are visible?

I'm pretty busy these days, but if I get around to taking the watch apart I'll snap some pics and post back here.

Not a mirror of that tutorial but a great walkthrough.