MrA

Watch for MrsA

MrA

Hello folks,

Long time lurker, dabled in the rep game on and off over the years, but mainly BKK street watches, so not much good, other than the ten quid Rolex rep that lasted 8 years keeping spot on time for my late mum.

It's MrsA birthday coming up, having been on a expensive handbag shopping spree this summer, her birthday present is going to have to be a bit tamer. Would like some thoughts on watches for her.

1. Apple 4 Watch - I know it's not a rep, but it was my first thought to go with her new gym bunny lifestyle.

2. Cartier quartz rep - something smallish Santos maybe, 27-34mm - all metal

3. Frank Muller - quartz again  - would look at an aftermarket strap - not sure on size though - she has small wrists.

Other? She is not a Rolex type, although the purple 36mm date adjust is very nice and I imagine she would wear it.

It does need to be quartz, if it is automatic it will never be used.

What else is decent out there in the rep world for small lady's wrists?

TIA

NCRich

Chanel white or black ceramic quartz are my wife's favorite.  They come 33 or 38mm.  Price is rather amazing on DhGate.  $35 shipped.  I've bought a dozen of them for her and her friends.

dsg2013

Just got a 33mm Cartier Ballon Bleu for the Mrs from Josh. I don't know what tamer for you means price wise? But it was decent purchase for the price (about the same as the apple watch) and with a Miyota movement.

https://www.pf-868.com/cartier/ballon-de-cartier/ladies-33mm/0-0-carba-33-201s-v6f-ballon-de-cartier-midsize-33-ss-ss-white-miyota-nl05-mod-to-cali-076.html

NFleischer

Agree with Chanel or Cartier< especially J12. Women seem to love them. Consider some of the quartz  AP maybe Diver or Chrono  with colored rubber straps.

MrA
8 hours ago, NCRich said:

Chanel white or black ceramic quartz are my wife's favorite.  They come 33 or 38mm.  Price is rather amazing on DhGate.  $35 shipped.  I've bought a dozen of them for her and her friends.

Shall take a look. Bought her a gen Rado last year that she liked, but in automatic so now sits unworn

7 hours ago, NFleischer said:

Agree with Chanel or Cartier< especially J12. Women seem to love them. Consider some of the quartz  AP maybe Diver or Chrono  with colored rubber straps.

8 hours ago, dsg2013 said:

Just got a 33mm Cartier Ballon Bleu for the Mrs from Josh. I don't know what tamer for you means price wise? But it was decent purchase for the price (about the same as the apple watch) and with a Miyota movement.

https://www.pf-868.com/cartier/ballon-de-cartier/ladies-33mm/0-0-carba-33-201s-v6f-ballon-de-cartier-midsize-33-ss-ss-white-miyota-nl05-mod-to-cali-076.html

That is about budget wise for this birthday, her weakness is LV and Chanel bags, watches she just likes nice ones to look at.

Steve53

NCRich suggested Chanel J12.

I bought one for my girlfriend three months ago. She was overjoyed.

chanel-001.jpg

chanel-002.jpg

She took a particular liking to the pearl in the crown.

In true quartz tradition, the watch has lost only 5 seconds in three months. For $35, what a deal.

Khronos

DHgate Chanel J12 link anyone? :)

Theviking
21 minutes ago, Khronos said:

DHgate Chanel J12 link anyone? :)

Yes, please post in the VIP section.

-and those of you who don't like it, upgrade to VIP and support RWG. (PM @trailboss99 for details)

MrA

Thanks folks, I think I will pick her one of those up as part of a present.

See if I can get a Cartier Santos as well

A bit of a challenge to buy for, as we both think its a waste of time, but know that it is appreciated, particularly by our 8 year old daughter who thinks birthdays are the most important day of the year.

Did look at buying her a replica LV bag, but at 300USD, seemed a lot for something I know little about and she only owns in genuine anyway. 

zulu44gmt

Shall take a look. Bought her a gen Rado last year that she liked, but in automatic so now sits unworn

BTDT... Today's folks are all about trends... Buy her the Apple watch 40 or 42mm in rose gold... Pick up a couple of straps and never buy her a watch again...
You can lead a horse to water...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

MrA

^true  and I can get apple watch on tick at 0%!

Buy myself a 40mm santos instead, I've quite taken to them over the last few days - a 78usd one onf dhgate will test out whether I like the feel of them