NickPeter

Hello folks, few noob questions

NickPeter

Hi, new guy here, I was wondering if any of you guys know or have already bought this Roger Dubuis  Excalibur Knights of the Round Table casted in 18K pink gold ? I am thinking of buying it, but I don't know how good the replica will be?

Second,  how to proceed the process of actually buying it, from contacting a TD ( who is to be trusted) to paying (what method of paying) knowing that if you pay with WU you cannot trace the money.

Third, I'm planning to contact Mary, I saw she has good recommendation?

Mrluwin

That model is fairly new and I don’t remember seeing any posts about it but if you use the search bar you’ll find any info posted.

Each TD has info on how to order in their forum sections along with feedback and contact details, Mary included. 

black263

Read the New Member information.  All will be revealed.

BadApple

No need for this post had you read the new members section like you should have. 

Glaude
23 hours ago, NickPeter said:

Roger Dubuis  Excalibur Knights of the Round Table casted in 18K pink gold ? I am thinking of buying it, but I don't know how good the replica will be?

The knights lack the fine details of the gen, but at wrist distance it's nothing to be ashamed of other than that, it's a fairly good rep !

guitarbiker
On 11/09/2019 at 08:09, Badapple said:

No need for this post had you read the new members section like you should have. 

Bet this made him feel welcome !

FoxWilde

Just like any rep of a watch that expensive. There’s a bit of tells with that one. Of course it’s not a tourbillon or anything, but the details are not as there. A pretty watch indeed, but a ways off from gen

GingerApple

Don't worry about paying with WU, it's way better than paying with credit card - would you prefer a dodgy/criminal network to have access to your credit card or would you prefer to send cash to a TRUSTED dealer. The key's in the name. Trusted. None of our TDs will steal from you. I appreciate that's a hard thing to believe when your buy your first watch, but it's true!

TransferWise is even better than WU (at least if your home currency is not USD) but not all TDs accept it. 

NickPeter
8 hours ago, guitarbiker said:

Thanks man, you said it for me! The first reply's were a bit... acid but then you guys were on point.I had some unpleasant experiences with WU, paid for some..... "goods" then to realize the whole site was scam, posts, reviews, everything. Saying that, did anyone actually bought it? I saw some rep photos and still looking good - :)

Edited by NickPeter
smile

GingerApple

I'm the aware of anyone who's posted about having one on here (though I'm sure she will), but I remember seeing people with it on our sister site RWI, try searching there.

BadApple
9 hours ago, guitarbiker said:

Hoping it saves him grief further down the line. 

black263

Search for Excalibur, then if  you have a question about the watch that hasn't already been answered, come back and ask.  As for payment, WU doesn't seem to be popular with some of the dealers.  Once you have decided on watch and dealer, be guided by them on how to pay.  

NickPeter
7 hours ago, black263 said:

Search for Excalibur, then if  you have a question about the watch that hasn't already been answered, come back and ask.  As for payment, WU doesn't seem to be popular with some of the dealers.  Once you have decided on watch and dealer, be guided by them on how to pay.  

Thanks, it worked,when searching I discovered a few more details about this watch.Now, returning to the CC/WU issue, when you pay with the CC, money are"insured"somehow, with WU money are gone baby if something happens.I will risk $500 and give it a shot :)

black263
4 minutes ago, NickPeter said:

when you pay with the CC, money are"insured"somehow, 

Thats why the dealers don't like CC or Paypal.  Theyve been burned too many times by purchasers who get the watch and then do a chargeback.  Now let's  consider the methods the TDs prefer.  With these you have no comeback, and you are absolutely leaving yoursef open to being ripped off.  If the TD wanted to  they could take your money and send you nothing.  If you were a TD and had this opportunity  would you choose to rip a customer off,  gain two or three hundred dollars clear profit and alienate 102,000 potential customers?

NickPeter
21 minutes ago, black263 said:

Thats why the dealers don't like CC or Paypal.  Theyve been burned too many times by purchasers who get the watch and then do a chargeback.  Now let's  consider the methods the TDs prefer.  With these you have no comeback, and you are absolutely leaving yoursef open to being ripped off.  If the TD wanted to  they could take your money and send you nothing.  If you were a TD and had this opportunity  would you choose to rip a customer off,  gain two or three hundred dollars clear profit and alienate 102,000 potential customers?

You are right, and from a dealer point of view you're right too, but from a customer point ....i would sleep somehow better knowing I have some kind of insurance...I didn't know that with the CC chargeback they actually get the money back from the exact transaction. I believed they have some insurance, like when they have when rob a bank, they get it from insurance companies.  That's been said, being burned once I like to believe I am more careful ( at least I should be !!-:)  )

Edited by NickPeter

black263
2 minutes ago, NickPeter said:

but from a customer point ....i would sleep somehow better knowing I have some kind of insurance...

You do.  All of the  Trusted Dealers have agreed to work with our moderators in the event of a dispute.  If the moderator becomes involved and agrees with you, the dealer will go along with the ruling or risk having their Trusted status revoked with the massive financial penalty that involves.

NickPeter

Thanks! Will keep you guys posted with the latest updates. I contacted Mary and started the process of buying it...

RussP
13 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

I'm the aware of anyone who's posted about having one on here (though I'm sure she will), but I remember seeing people with it on our sister site RWI, try searching there.

That's because they're too ashamed of owning up to having one :Thinking:

But, don't let that dissuade you, Nick.

NickPeter
16 hours ago, RussP said:

Why to be ashamed?

Emailed Mary, paid by WU yesterday and she yet to respond. Let's see. Anyway I'm glad I'm not blocked here, blocking so I cannot post was the beginning of the end of my previous experience with the scam site:D

Edited by NickPeter

GingerApple

Good choice in Mary, don't fret, just wait for the horological goodness to flow your way. 

NickPeter
16 hours ago, RussP said:

BTW, I like your signature! Wimmen???? Should be first in my choice...F@#k the watches :boobies2:

GenTLe
22 hours ago, NickPeter said:

You are right, and from a dealer point of view you're right too, but from a customer point ....i would sleep somehow better knowing I have some kind of insurance...I didn't know that with the CC chargeback they actually get the money back from the exact transaction. I believed they have some insurance, like when they have when rob a bank, they get it from insurance companies.  That's been said, being burned once I like to believe I am more careful ( at least I should be !!-:)  )

Seriously speaking: I'd suggest 1st to try something less expensive. It's plenty of beautiful (and probably better made) watches that will cost you much less that the excal. Carefully select your TD (personally one of my favourite is Mary, but also WatchFinder is extremely professional, doesn't matter if they don't have a website full of watches - which many are out of stock anyway - just send them the picture of the watch you want and see what they can do) and try with no fear.

I remember my 1st (of around 80?) purchase, I was very nervous and went for the biggest TD because it was a PayPal friendly one. All went fine.

51 minutes ago, NickPeter said:

Why to be ashamed?

Emailed Mary, paid by WU yesterday and she yet to respond. Let's see. Anyway I'm glad I'm not blocked here, blocking so I cannot post was the beginning of the end of my previous experience with the scam site:D

Uh, ok, you already are on the right way :)

Now relax, it will take some time to get the watch and send you the QC pics. Sometimes up to 10 days or so. YOu'll see :)

Intresting

Aootime Robbie has been reliable.  ARF Datejust 41 delivered in about 10 days.   Communication is clear and step by step.   I have found that the time between payment acceptance and QC pictures is probably that which passes the slowest.    The next slowest is when you get your tracking number and finally arriving.   But, like all good things,  it takes time.  :)

NickPeter
5 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Seriously speaking: I'd suggest 1st to try something less expensive. It's plenty of beautiful (and probably better made) watches that will cost you much less that the excal. Carefully select your TD (personally one of my favourite is Mary, but also WatchFinder is extremely professional, doesn't matter if they don't have a website full of watches - which many are out of stock anyway - just send them the picture of the watch you want and see what they can do) and try with no fear..

What other rep do you suggest? Better and beautiful?

Seems that there's some sort of holiday in China now, so we have 2 days delay

Edited by NickPeter