NickPeter

Hello folks, few noob questions

GenTLe
What other rep do you suggest? Better and beautiful?

Seems that there's some sort of holiday in China now, so we have 2 days delay

Well, It mainly depends on your taste.

Blancpain Fifth Fathoms (classic or Bathyscaphe), Bell&Ross Diver, Tudor BlackBay, Longines Diver, Patek 5227 or Nautilus or Aquanaut (from ZF I think), AP 15400 or Diver by JFactory, ARF blue deep sea seadweller, Breitlings from GFactory (especially the non chronograph), practically ALL the IWCs from ZFactory.... So many good ones out there...

NickPeter
16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Well, It mainly depends on your taste.

Blancpain Fifth Fathoms (classic or Bathyscaphe), Bell&Ross Diver, Tudor BlackBay, Longines Diver, Patek 5227 or Nautilus or Aquanaut (from ZF I think), AP 15400 or Diver by JFactory, ARF blue deep sea seadweller, Breitlings from GFactory (especially the non chronograph), practically ALL the IWCs from ZFactory.... So many good ones out there...

Thanks, will take a look at them, meanwhile I need to study these abbreviation, ZF I, GFactory, IWC, asian mechanism....LOL  . I'm a totally noob in this field, I just fall in love with the Excalibur and that's why I tried to see how I can get one, without paying 300 K.

BTW, I guess that the 2 days holiday in China they told me about, they refer to the weekend? :balls:

Edited by NickPeter

GenTLe
19 minutes ago, NickPeter said:

Thanks, will take a look at them, meanwhile I need to study these abbreviation, ZF I, GFactory, IWC, asian mechanism....LOL  . I'm a totally noob in this field, I just fall in love with the Excalibur and that's why I tried to see how I can get one, without paying 300 K.

BTW, I guess that the 2 days holiday in China they told me about, they refer to the weekend? :balls:

Probably the weekend yes.

About the acronyms: yes, it's steep at the beginning, but in one month or so you'll be more familiar.

Start from these:

And: 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/80645-hey-noob-heres-a-few-things-i-learned-about-tds/

NickPeter
27 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Probably the weekend yes.

About the acronyms: yes, it's steep at the beginning, but in one month or so you'll be more familiar.

And: 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/80645-hey-noob-heres-a-few-things-i-learned-about-tds/

Thanks again! What about this ?

RO26011  Rolex - Daytona 116508 ARF 1:1 V2 Black Dial 904L?

Edited by NickPeter

GenTLe
16 hours ago, NickPeter said:

Thanks again! What about this ?

RO26011  Rolex - Daytona 116508 ARF 1:1 V2 Black Dial 904L?

I'm not going to spoon-feed you. It's plenty of reviews in the appropriate section.

NickPeter

You misunderstood, I was asking your personal opinion on this rep watch, but its fine.

My question is since I'm not rich guy, what rep is 90-95% similar to a 5k - 10 k gen watch, because people know I can't afford a 20 k + watch, so some rep of a 5 k - 10 k is more acceptable.:D

Edited by NickPeter

GenTLe
4 hours ago, NickPeter said:

You misunderstood, I was asking your personal opinion on this rep watch, but its fine.

My question is since I'm not rich guy, what rep is 90-95% similar to a 5k - 10 k gen watch, because people know I can't afford a 20 k + watch, so some rep of a 5 k - 10 k is more acceptable.:D

I don't have it... Can't voice for Daytona's at all. That's why I tell you to make up your mind by yourself :)

NickPeter

MARY   -----    Bad news!!!!...There's a saying, you cannot escape what you fear most!

I read here that some sellers offers some  discounts when paid with WU, in my first email to Mary she said no discounts. So paid some $490 including taxes ....

After I paid Mary (which btw is not a Mary, its a jin jan whatever) I  never got any updates from her, unless I first emailed her! I emailed  if she received the money, she answered yes and that there's  a holiday and well get back later. Then emailed after 2 days, she said that she got the watch but has some dust inside and will answer next day. Passed next day, again nothing, emailed her to ask and she said sorry, again she has some problems/holidays, will contact me couple of days later...At this point, at least I can say she lacks customer service and courtesy, not to say more. I emailed her to refund my money, she didn't answer.

What should I do next?

PS - I checked now Mary's feedback section and saw some 3 other guys in same boat like me! Being new here , having other WU experience and first time buyer, I'm extremely anxious

Edited by NickPeter

Glaude
39 minutes ago, NickPeter said:

MARY   -----    Bad news!!!!...There's a saying, you cannot escape what you fear most!

I read here that some sellers offers some  discounts when paid with WU, in my first email to Mary she said no discounts. So paid some $490 including taxes ....

After I paid Mary (which btw is not a Mary, its a jin jan whatever) I  never got any updates from her, unless I first emailed her! I emailed  if she received the money, she answered yes and that there's  a holiday and well get back later. Then emailed after 2 days, she said that she got the watch but has some dust inside and will answer next day. Passed next day, again nothing, emailed her to ask and she said sorry, again she has some problems/holidays, will contact me couple of days later...At this point, at least I can say she lacks customer service and courtesy, not to say more. I emailed her to refund my money, she didn't answer.

What should I do next?

PS - I checked now Mary's feedback section and saw some 3 other guys in same boat like me! Being new here , having other WU experience and first time buyer, I'm extremely anxious

Mary is currently away for some family related issues, she'll be back in a couple of days.

You have to understand that TDs have a life too, but you don't have to be afraid, she will not let you down that's for sure !

Intresting
On 14/09/2019 at 14:24, NickPeter said:

What other rep do you suggest? Better and beautiful?

Seems that there's some sort of holiday in China now, so we have 2 days delay

Mate. Yo got to make up your own mind.  Not too much hand holding here unless you going to buy everyone a watch too :) Do suggest you start here.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/135920-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs/

GingerApple

@NickPeter She's the best, seriously. She's just had bad news that she's dealing with, don't fret.

The dust on the dial thing - some other TDs I suspect would have just sent your QC photos, hope you missed the dust in them and then you'd be fucked! So be grateful to Mary and her excellent QC and chill out. It's not fucking Amazon. Also, stop pestering her. She'll email you when she's got something to say. Chill!

NickPeter
11 hours ago, Intresting said:

Mate. Yo got to make up your own mind.  Not too much hand holding here unless you going to buy everyone a watch too :) Do suggest you start here.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/135920-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs/

Thanks for the list.

Regarding the TD, I believed that if she has so good reviews, she really has great customer skills too(that's included in a good dealer qualities) the least she could've done was to send an email saying whatever excuse she had. She never emailed me from her initiative, just after I asked her something.But anyway.

Intresting
4 hours ago, NickPeter said:

Thanks for the list.

Regarding the TD, I believed that if she has so good reviews, she really has great customer skills too(that's included in a good dealer qualities) the least she could've done was to send an email saying whatever excuse she had. She never emailed me from her initiative, just after I asked her something.But anyway.

If the TD is a she, and if she is Mary, then I think she is going through some personal issues now.  Several members (myself included) got an auto reply message that she has some stuff going on had had to leave town for a while and will be back soon.   The thing is that if she did get many favourable comments then she should at least deserve the benefit of the doubt.  We cant be on top of our game 100% of the time.

GenTLe
21 hours ago, NickPeter said:

What should I do next?

Uhm something like "stop stressing her"? Let the people work with peace, you'll get a better service. Are you in risk of like if your watch takes 1 day or 1 week to be shown to you???

NickPeter

FORUM DEALERS

The following are our premier dealers - those we have carefully selected and invited to run their own subforums here at RWG. We sincerely believe that they're the best you'll find anywhere. Note that, unlike some other forums, we do not charge our dealers for their presence here. Our sole criteria is that they offer the kind of service that our membership rightly expects.

end quote

Since I can't do anything else besides to wait....I'm writing :D

You guys need to understand, until I will not receive something in my hand, I have all the reasons to be anxious. You guys were at some point first time buyers too, and know how it was....After my first order will be completed, it will be a totally different situation

black263

Most of the dealers are very small businesses.  You get the personal touch but have to accept they have a life.  This means sometimes they have to take some time off.  When that happens, patience is needed.  Thats the way it is and if you want to enjoy collecting you have to learn to live with delays.  Amazon it's not.  I've, on occasions,  gone weeks without contact.  On other occasions I've had the watch in a few days from enquiry.  However, I've never had a watch fail to turn up eventually.  If you want to learn about delays, search for Chinese New Year.

NickPeter

Seems that we are back in business, I got an email with some pics of the watch, I believe these are the QC. We approved them and going forward.

GingerApple
6 hours ago, NickPeter said:

We approved them

We?

Waspy

Nick and Peter

GingerApple
22 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Nick and Peter

:rofl:

How disappointing, I thought we had our first Royal member.

NickPeter
14 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

:rofl:

How disappointing, I thought we had our first Royal member.

Close, almost Royal....For an watch that is 300K you should be some kind of royal pain :)

GingerApple
6 hours ago, NickPeter said:

you should be some kind of royal pain :)

I can see you've worked me out already!

BADBILLY

Did somebody mention .......gold?

I am a big fan of the KOTRT watch, especially if it is in rose gold......cannot wait to see your pictures when you get this one.

And by the way , just relax you are in good company..

NickPeter

Update : I just got the watch !!!! I'm still analyzing it, it's very well built, no visible flaws, my first impression as manufacturing is great, it's massive and the wristband is too small for my hands..

Now I need to find a bigger wristband. Thanks gang!

GingerApple

:ttiwwop: