Mr_B

Noob pepsi gmt master 2 ceramic

Mr_B

So it's arrived! ...but at $668 plus shipping! I'm definitely going to be thinking hard about buying one at that price, it's getting ridiculous now.

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-ii-126710-blro-real-ceramic-904l-ss-noob-1-1-best-edition-on-bracelet-a3285-correct-hand-stack.html

ShovelnTC

You beat me to it for this one.

My first Rep ws a BK with Swiss movement which cost me around $400 back around 2012, since then my wages haven't gone up at all, my houses value has gone up maybe a few percent and my grocery bill hasn't changed more than a few dollars but now we are paying $500 - $700 for a NON tourby, asian modified ETA clone movement Rollie Rep.

I think my Rep buying days are over.

Having said this my Tudor GMT has pretty much the same movement and was only around $300 so this one really doesn't look like it's good value. Just because it's got that Rollie on the dial I guess.

Mr_B

Yeah it's snowballed over the last year or so for Rolex reps with the whole 904L gimmic. It's all down to what we as buyers are willing to pay. AP and Patek have always been expensive especially for a good one.

With the new Pepsi It's a shame, at $400 -$500 I might have just bitten the bullet. If they bring a cheaper ICHS il be much happier. Or maybe il just get the cheaper more reliable Tudor GMT :) 

ShovelnTC

Yep that Rollie has been on my wish list for years and I've held off because there's never been a really decent Rep but I'm never going to pay that much for one no mater how good it is.

I love my Tudor and enjoy it more due to it's reasonable price.

Goldentriangle

@Goldentriangle You are not eligible to sell and we really do not appreciate backdoor selling. Do not do this again...

Mr_B
1 hour ago, Goldentriangle said:

What has this got to do with the thread 'G'. hope your not trying to sell them as your ineligible 

NCRich

Nope, not gonna happen for me  There are a thousand reps under $300, and most are quite good.  I'm glad they made this for the people who want it and are willing to pay for it.  It will be fun seeing the pictures.

Mrluwin

Will be interesting to see if they have sorted out the CHS movement otherwise this could be a pricy time bomb, the bezel looks good though. Looking forward to seeing some pics once people have them in hand 

Howitzer

For that much money you’d think they’d get the bezel colours a bit closer to gen. I’d take the Tudor BB GMT at half the price over this any day.

Prices are just getting silly now, and for what? The premium for the clone movement in the Daytonas I can kind of understand, but I’m not about to pay for something I use once to check it works and then has fuck all value apart from if I was to develop adenoids and explain it’s replicated functionality to people.

All the best reps I’ve owned were/are sub-$350. In the words of Duncan Bannatyne...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe

The movement is the same old heavily modified 2836, I'd not trust it... And surely not for that stupid price.

FoxWilde

GMFs got one very similar to this for less than $500, but the more I think about getting a GMT2, the less I want it. 

ill stick to my 1675 thank you 

Mr_B
32 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

For that much money you’d think they’d get the bezel colours a bit closer to gen. I’d take the Tudor BB GMT at half the price over this any day.

Prices are just getting silly now, and for what? The premium for the clone movement in the Daytonas I can kind of understand, but I’m not about to pay for something I use once to check it works and then has fuck all value apart from if I was to develop adenoids and explain it’s replicated functionality to people.

All the best reps I’ve owned were/are sub-$350. In the words of Duncan Bannatyne...

Couldn't agree more 

Mr_B
2 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

GMFs got one very similar to this for less than $500, but the more I think about getting a GMT2, the less I want it. 

ill stick to my 1675 thank you 

Is that the one with the pale blue and pale red bezel insert? 

FoxWilde

Exactly. LOL. Thought about the black one though. Can’t have two Pepsi’s battling for my wrist

Mr_B
3 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Exactly. LOL. Thought about the black one though. Can’t have two Pepsi’s battling for my wrist

Once you go black.....

the_frenchman

Not an expert but looking though Andrews website , the colour of the bezel is absolutely off..... 

FudgyDocker

Won't be paying this stupid price for a rep. Not worth the gamble, for a potentially flaky movement. I've a Gen GMT on order (non-Rolex), so that will more than scratch the GMT itch when it arrives in a couple of months.

Mr_B
9 minutes ago, the_frenchman said:

Not an expert but looking though Andrews website , the colour of the bezel is absolutely off..... 

LOL. Looks brown on his website! Hope the TD'S didn't request too much stock of these.

Howitzer

Here’s my mate’s gen for reference:

e0daeb22d208ea390f939b524bad30b8.jpg

As always it’s difficult to catch the true nature of these ceramic bezels in photos. That’s about as dark as it looks in reasonable light. In reality the colours are quite a bit lighter in person.

A daylight shot:

36e116a467bd7f9d882a7be3819fdbc0.jpg

Mr_B

It's almost purple with a cranberry red 

5 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Here’s my mate’s gen for reference:

e0daeb22d208ea390f939b524bad30b8.jpg

As always it’s difficult to catch the true nature of these ceramic bezels in photos. That’s about as dark as it looks in reasonable light. In reality the colours are quite a bit lighter in person.

A daylight shot:

36e116a467bd7f9d882a7be3819fdbc0.jpg

MrZoSo

Gen hamilton with a 72 hr power reserve for 200 less. Out of control with pricing. 

kuvarsit

we have it in 8-10%off depends on your order number

Mr_B
Just now, kuvarsit said:

Good luck shifting them

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, kuvarsit said:

If you want me to pay 8%-10% of the asking price, we might have something to talk about, however 10% off 'ridiculously overpriced' still equals 'ridiculously overpriced'.

the_frenchman
27 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Good luck shifting them

:lmao:

Somehow , there is a lot of Rolex lovers that will order them for sure . 

No matter how it costs or how off the bezel looks , there will be always someone who will wear it just to show off a new GMT master on his wrist .