Lurch

Winding Advice

Lurch

Can somebody please advise on how many winds is best when the watch has stopped completely please, it’s a Hublot with the Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement, just don’t want to over do it.

Thanks.

FudgyDocker

I usually give mine 20 winds and slap it on my wrist.

BadPickle

Same, about 20 winds, nice and steady. 

Lurch

Thanks very much appreciated.

the_name_is_mac

30 quarter turns, set time, 20 quarter turns, put on right wrist, pleasure myself, put on left wrist 

Lurch

Another question regarding winding please, do you just wind the crown in one direction ( I presume clockwise) or forward and back to wind it up, had it serviced by Nick but don’t want to f..k it up , don’t know too much about these tbh, thanks.  

black263

Clockwise, looking at the crown facing you.  You may have to unscrew the crown a few turns to unlock it first.  If you do have to do this, then to relock it, press it in gently while you turn it anti-clockwise.  You'll feel a click as the threads engage, then turn it gently clockwise to screw it down.  As it's an automatic, you should not be able to overwind it, since there is a built in clutch to stop the autowind overstressing the mainspring.  Be gentle, as the 7750 is renowned for delicate hand wind gears.  

Lurch

Thanks so much mate .

Steve53
18 hours ago, Lurch said:

Can somebody please advise on how many winds is best when the watch has stopped completely please, it’s a Hublot with the Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement, just don’t want to over do it.

Thanks.

Regarding the 7750 movement,  the following is an informative and interesting read :

Lurch

Thanks appreciated.