MrA

Vintage Reps - explain this to me

MrA

Can't remember which of the TD I was looking at but they had vintage Rolex reps on there.

My google skills are not strong on this one, but in short - buy rep, make it look older, or byy gen old parts and use it, is that correct?

Is it the done thing to wear them not aged and just like a new watch or do most folk make them look older?

Is there anyone who sells already aged reps?

Mr_B

Get the new vintage watch and age it a little seems to be the way to go, as the genuine parts are expensive and have fitment issues with rep case set/movements 

FudgyDocker

Awaiting next answer from MrC.......

Mr_B
Just now, FudgyDocker said:

Awaiting next answer from MrC.......

:lol:

MrA

I read one aging thread, maybe on RWI, not sure, where they scuffed up the glass and body of the watch.

Are there tried and tested aging tricks or a guide to making a watch look old?

Any idea which TD I was looking at, I've not bookmarked it.

GingerApple

TS Watch do vintage pieces (non TD). I picked up my 6542 below from them. That said, I believe they now have a separate, affiliated site that does the Vintage stuff and that they increased the prices when they went down that route.

0211f6780449ac059abe751ee9394e67.jpg

Psssniper

A lot of the amateur scuffing looks just like, well... amateur scuffing! and nothing like the honest wear and tear of an aged watch. TS has a link on their page to The Vintage Power which seems to be where they're selling these now.

MrA

Yes those vintage reps seem to be three times the price

NCRich

Noobs.

There is a whole freakin' section on vintage on this on the board.  I mean I know that clicking and reading is hard for you guys but geez.

Jibuti

we know who is REAL MrB...

Prikaži izvorno sliko

15 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Noobs.

There is a whole freakin' section on vintage on this on the board.  I mean I know that clicking and reading is hard for you guys but geez.

what were you expecting-friday 13th, full moon, late afternoon.... noone can be sane... :)

MrA
16 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Noobs.

Can you paste the link for me? I find that voice control for moving around forums can be quite challenging at times with multiple sub forums.

Mr_B
1 hour ago, MrA said:

I read one aging thread, maybe on RWI, not sure, where they scuffed up the glass and body of the watch.

Are there tried and tested aging tricks or a guide to making a watch look old?

Any idea which TD I was looking at, I've not bookmarked it.

There are many, some people utilise ovens and other appliances to age dials, a bag of small pebbles can be used to age the metal, bleach for the bezel inserts. And much more, search vintage modding.

27 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Noobs.

Or just pm NCRich I know he loves to spoon feed the new comers 

FudgyDocker

@NCRich is a vintage genius (in more ways than one), and if you're very, very nice to him for a long time :asslick:, he might sell you one, one day.

NCRich
21 minutes ago, MrA said:

Can you paste the link for me? I find that voice control for moving around forums can be quite challenging at times with multiple sub forums.

Sure,  https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/84-vintage-watches/

There are also links on how to vintage stuff in my signature.

deju
1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

TS Watch do vintage pieces (non TD). I picked up my 6542 below from them. That said, I believe they now have a separate, affiliated site that does the Vintage stuff and that they increased the prices when they went down that route.

0211f6780449ac059abe751ee9394e67.jpg

Vintage wrist is 1:1 

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, deju said:

Vintage wrist is 1:1 

Gingery-browny hairs, not grey! So less of the vintage!

deju
8 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Gingery-browny hairs, not grey! So less of the vintage!

Ok ok 

tropic wrist :rofl:

Left Coast Guy

So I got this itch a month ago and bought some of the JKF line for Perfect Clones. I found a tutorial on baking the dial to age it, which actually worked really well. Above 15 min in the oven at 315 did a heck of a job, though the lume on those is shit....so I'd recommend skipping the over and go straight to a lume guy that can do some puffy, vintage looking lume. 

The pre-made site you're thinking of is here -- https://www.thevintagepower.cn/

Note, they aren't a TD, so you're on your own if you buy from them.  On top of that, I'd imagine you could buy the cartel versions for $230, get them lumed for another $100, and still be better off than paying these prices. But then again, my lume guy retired....so not sure who does that anymore....

Intresting

I just had a convo with Perfect Clones last few days.  He seems to have stock of the vintage reps at better prices than vintage power.  Look him up in the TD section.