Gangan

Problems leaving China

Gangan

Has anyone had any problems with watches from China being stopped by the authorities?  I ordered a Rolex Explorer from Steve over a month ago, and initially had some problems when he sent me the QC pictures but that was quickly resolved.  The watch was posted and I was given tracking information which stated that it had been shipped and was in transit.   A few days went by and the status didn't change so I made some inquiries.  The information on 17Track was in Chinese so I tried some different tracking sites which sated that the package has been returned to Sender.  I checked with Steve at the one watches, and he said that this sometimes happens when the Chinese authorities stop a package being sent abroad.   That was over a week ago and Steve is, apparently, still waiting for the package to be returned to him so I can send it again.  I don't think that it is Steve's fault but it is all getting a bit worrying.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

GingerApple

Yeah, it's happened to me twice. It's annoying, but certainly nothing to worry about, just adds ten days or so onto your timescale. Buy another watch in the meantime to help take your mind off it.

Gangan
1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Yeah, it's happened to me twice. It's annoying, but certainly nothing to worry about, just adds ten days or so onto your timescale. Buy another watch in the meantime to help take your mind off it.

I like the way your mind works! 

I'm not realy worried, I get plenty of reassurance from the coments on rwg's pages.  It's just frustrating to keep checking on the net and finding that it is still not on it's way. 

BadApple

The TD's use a shipping  agent / service - they take the packages and sort out the shipping so that is why there is usually a gap between asking it to be shipped and getting tracking.

I assume it will be the same if it comes back - a few days but take the weekend out of the equation. 

GenTLe

IT happened once to me, and another couple of time it was saying the same (the tracking) but in reality the watch was travelling to here. Always with China airmail.

Gangan
On 15/09/2019 at 16:31, Badapple said:

The TD's use a shipping  agent / service - they take the packages and sort out the shipping so that is why there is usually a gap between asking it to be shipped and getting tracking.

I assume it will be the same if it comes back - a few days but take the weekend out of the equation. 

Yes, that sounds right.  Steve has mentioned dealing with an agent so that will be what he meant .  The good news is that yesterday  I was given a new tracking number so, fingers crossed, it is on the way. 

Gangan
On 15/09/2019 at 16:31, Badapple said:

On 15/09/2019 at 19:10, GenTLe said:

IT happened once to me, and another couple of time it was saying the same (the tracking) but in reality the watch was travelling to here. Always with China airmail.

Good news!  There's a parcel waiting at home for me (quite a big box by the look of it).  Once it managed to get out of China, it got to my door very quickly.   The tracking was excellent,  first with 17Track, then with Parcel force.   Heading back to the UK Monday  (if Thomas Cook manages to hang on in there),  so will be able to open it then.  Thanks to all who provided reassurance that it will all be OK.

FudgyDocker

Oppa @Gangan Style :Party:

Gangan
18 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

Oppa @Gangan Style :Party:

Love it!