Glaude

OMF Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 (Gray)

Glaude
1 hour ago, MAJ75 said:

@Glaude More stellar work my friend.

The text & education is great for me as I haven't previously invested much time in the AP marque.

The icing on the cake is the gallery though, beautifully comprehensive.

Thank you very much my friend ! Glad you liked it !

1 hour ago, Mrluwin said:

Another excellent review thanks for taking the time to put this together 

Thanks a lot ! 

50 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Ahhhhhhhh, The French; why use 10 words when 6,742,376 will suffice.

Why do we allow you in here again ?

44 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

TL;DR A case of bad puns 0/10 won't read again

I didn't know such a feature exists, nice to know!

Along with your other comments on finishings and production, this is why your reviews are unique. I always learn something new about the production process in your reviews, reminds me of those Watchfinder videos, but more long-winded  :lol: 

@yllekp is poison, his wristshots are dangerous

Yes he is, truly a master enabler !

VMSG

You camera setup is crazy! Really nice!

Glaude
5 minutes ago, VMSG said:

You camera setup is crazy! Really nice!

The pic was not of my camera, but from one with a similar setup, I run a Canon EOS 7D with various lenses, but here the one used is an old Helios 135mm in M42 and a Canon EFS 17-55

VMSG
The pic was not of my camera, but from one with a similar setup, I run a Canon EOS 7D with various lenses, but here the one used is an old Helios 135mm in M42 and a Canon EFS 17-55
I have the same camera (7d), but the Helios is something else! I thought that no one is using stuff like that anymore. Really nice

Sembal

Great review :bananarider: my favorite AP,  one day..

kuvarsit

This is an amazing review. Thanks @Glaude for his time and effort. I hope this can help you guys to get the best watch available for yourself

You are welcome to use the special promo code use it. 

kind regards

kwteam

Kevin

GingerApple

Well Glaude, you inspired me to wear mine today (JF though)! Mine says hi! The great thing about the grey is that it looks black in some light (like below), but can look very light sunburst grey in other light. I got rid of my black dial Royal Oak because this one looks so black at times. I'm not sure if Glaude mentioned this element in the review already as there's no fucking way I'm reading all that bollocks.

91c4271c9f40793036549db0b609f78c.jpg

yllekp
18 hours ago, Glaude said:

The freaking enabler that C Master is, convinced me without saying a word, that I needed a Royal Oak

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink :)

Stunning review my friend. "All you need to know about AP but were afraid to ask". 

I have been through many, I currently have two JFs. and one 21j all the way from Bangkok  The JFs are stunning but that case  height gets to me.  There is inconsistency in the case heights in JF they can range from 10.8mm - 11.2mm crystal to crystal.  I am told AP take the 9.8mm measurement from the case height not from the crystal to crystal measurement. The crystal stands proud by 0.5mm - 0.6mm. I was unlucky and both my JFs were 11.2mm.  I have them both down to around 10.1mm excluding the xtal. If OMF are delivering a consistent 10.7mm case they have just blown JF out of the water in my opinion. It is a pity that TF have stopped making them as they were 10mm out of the box.  Modders charge $160 (this is not a misprint, yes $160) to do this case thinning, I get it is is very delicate work.  

I am wondering about the bracelet. JFs are rather stiff whereas my 21j  bends and flexes like the original. It is extremely comfortable whereas I find the JF more rigid.  I am eventually going to take the bracelet to be reworked just to get that flexibility. 

Thank you once again for an incredible review @Glaude

brang1

stop post whoring @Glaude tiny little posts like this will get you banned 

but seriously, great review. Made me buy the Gen

Intresting

Wow.  Learnt heaps.  :)    And great to see other factories that help reduce the ever increasing prices by some of the "premier" factories.  Will seriously consider the OMF.

bdnica

Everytime I read one of your reviews I get flashback anxiety attacks...  similar to the nightmares of preparing for weeks to take a final exam on Contracts,  then as the test is circulated you discover it's for Civil Procedure!  

It's always a learning experience with interesting factoids/anecdotes to hold one's interest.   Then again, you could be making all this shit up? ( @TheFreckledTampon, how much of this do you think he's simply pulling out of his ass knowing none of us will fact check?)

As always, great work amigo!  It's probably been written, but since I have your attention are there aesthetic differences between this and the new 15500, or is it just the new movement?  The grey dial is something I've never considered... been thinking about a white dial version of this (have a blue 15202 already) but am now considering this iteration.   What's your take on the white dial as an option?

Keep up the great work!

Glaude
17 hours ago, Sembal said:

Great review :bananarider: my favorite AP,  one day..

Thanks !

7 hours ago, kuvarsit said:

This is an amazing review. Thanks @Glaude for his time and effort. I hope this can help you guys to get the best watch available for yourself

You are welcome to use the special promo code use it. 

kind regards

kwteam

Kevin

Cheers man !

5 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Well Glaude, you inspired me to wear mine today (JF though)! Mine says hi! The great thing about the grey is that it looks black in some light (like below), but can look very light sunburst grey in other light. I got rid of my black dial Royal Oak because this one looks so black at times. I'm not sure if Glaude mentioned this element in the review already as there's no fucking way I'm reading all that bollocks.

I did mention it and it's true that sometime it looks black, on this OMF dial too !

5 hours ago, yllekp said:

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink :)

Stunning review my friend. "All you need to know about AP but were afraid to ask". 

I have been through many, I currently have two JFs. and one 21j all the way from Bangkok  The JFs are stunning but that case  height gets to me.  There is inconsistency in the case heights in JF they can range from 10.8mm - 11.2mm crystal to crystal.  I am told AP take the 9.8mm measurement from the case height not from the crystal to crystal measurement. The crystal stands proud by 0.5mm - 0.6mm. I was unlucky and both my JFs were 11.2mm.  I have them both down to around 10.1mm excluding the xtal. If OMF are delivering a consistent 10.7mm case they have just blown JF out of the water in my opinion. It is a pity that TF have stopped making them as they were 10mm out of the box.  Modders charge $160 (this is not a misprint, yes $160) to do this case thinning, I get it is is very delicate work.  

I am wondering about the bracelet. JFs are rather stiff whereas my 21j  bends and flexes like the original. It is extremely comfortable whereas I find the JF more rigid.  I am eventually going to take the bracelet to be reworked just to get that flexibility. 

Thank you once again for an incredible review @Glaude

You literally pushed my horse head into the bucket of water and didn't let go until I emptied the whole thing ! At least that's the story I've been telling everyone ! :D 

I had a quick google but no one in the gen world seem to be that obsessed by the thickness to measure it with a caliper, so I'll happily take your word for it ! 
The bracelet seems flexible, I can do a pic of it with the bracelet up so that you can see how much it flex

5 hours ago, brang1 said:

stop post whoring @Glaude tiny little posts like this will get you banned 

but seriously, great review. Made me buy the Gen

Thanks a lot man, sorry for your wallet then ...

4 hours ago, Intresting said:

Wow.  Learnt heaps.  :)    And great to see other factories that help reduce the ever increasing prices by some of the "premier" factories.  Will seriously consider the OMF.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, bdnica said:

Everytime I read one of your reviews I get flashback anxiety attacks...  similar to the nightmares of preparing for weeks to take a final exam on Contracts,  then as the test is circulated you discover it's for Civil Procedure!  

It's always a learning experience with interesting factoids/anecdotes to hold one's interest.   Then again, you could be making all this shit up? ( @TheFreckledTampon, how much of this do you think he's simply pulling out of his ass knowing none of us will fact check?)

As always, great work amigo!  It's probably been written, but since I have your attention are there aesthetic differences between this and the new 15500, or is it just the new movement?  The grey dial is something I've never considered... been thinking about a white dial version of this (have a blue 15202 already) but am now considering this iteration.   What's your take on the white dial as an option?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks my friend !

There's quite a lot of difference between the 15400 and the 15500, some good ressources available online on that !

Griffo

Great review and pics!

Mrsullivan

Vachte ! Ca c'est de l'analyse, beau boulot ! (Sorry but this amazing review deserves a proper french comment !).

... in an other hand, this is gonna make me spend money on this AP, hell I'm weak !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

NCRich

Oh @Glaude ick, ick, ick.  I just ate and now I've been confronted with this horror show of a brand.

I guess you will start your rapping career now?  Or do you need diamonds on that monstrosity of a timepiece to do that?

The one watch I just don't get.

Nice review though.

:lol:

Glaude
38 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Great review and pics!

Thanks !

11 minutes ago, Mrsullivan said:

Vachte ! Ca c'est de l'analyse, beau boulot ! (Sorry but this amazing review deserves a proper french comment !).

... in an other hand, this is gonna make me spend money on this AP, hell I'm weak !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Merci beaucoup ! 

3 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Oh @Glaude ick, ick, ick.  I just ate and now I've been confronted with this horror show of a brand.

I guess you will start your rapping career now?  Or do you need diamonds on that monstrosity of a timepiece to do that?

The one watch I just don't get.

Nice review though.

:lol:

See how kind I was to you and excluded you from the tagged people, so that you didn't have to watch all this horror show :D 

Diamonds required for the rapping career, candies for the raping career... ;) 

Thanks man :) 

GingerApple

In the interests of impartiality, was this a full price purchase or one of Kevina's freebies/specials? Apologies if you say so in the review, but as you'll recall, I haven't got a spare week in which to read it.

Glaude
2 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

In the interests of impartiality, was this a full price purchase or one of Kevina's freebies/specials? Apologies if you say so in the review, but as you'll recall, I haven't got a spare week in which to read it.

Kevin's special but doesn't really matter as he didn't made the watch.
I was also planning to get one anyway, tried multiple times in M2M but always missed it, was aiming at a JF v5

Oh and 

2 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

I haven't got a spare week in which to learn how to read.

Fixed it for you

GingerApple
46 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Oh and 

Fixed it for you

Typical arrogant Frog! Just because you speak about 12 languages fluently (and also know how to read), you think you're smart?

Well,  let's see how smart you are. Can you burp the alphabet? No - you can't. Well I can bitch, so put that in your garlic flavoured pipe and smoke it!

Glaude
10 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Well,  let's see how smart you are. Can you burp the alphabet? Nov- you can't. Well I can bitch, so put that in your garlic flavoured pipe and smoke it!

:lmao: 

You should have really chosen another thing, as it turns out I can do that very very easily ... 

Flinnt

So the promo is Glaude a Pom, then?

I thought it was a good review and then he goes calling you a Pom. :lmao:

Glaude
9 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

So the promo is Glaude a Pom, then?

I thought it was a good review and then he goes calling you a Pom. :lmao:

:D 

yllekp
8 hours ago, Glaude said:

You literally pushed my horse head into the bucket of water and didn't let go until I emptied the whole thing

In fairness you were given the option to drown. You had a choice. 

I had a quick google but no one in the gen world seem to be that obsessed by the thickness to measure it with a caliper

Lol I got that from Rep members who also dabble in the ungodly gen world. 

The bracelet seems flexible, I can do a pic of it with the bracelet up so that you can see how much it flex

Yes I like to have my bracelet obsession appeased. 

Jasonbaylee

Promo code is not faux Hahahaha

Thx for the earnest effort in this write up. The Grey dial is always the black sheep. Nonetheless it is the most subtle.

Logixa

Great review mate! Loved it!