Gangan

Chinese Reps from Turkey

Rx4Time

This is the genuine of yours notice the date window alignment and font.  As said, it's probably a 2813 movement with decorations.  Dont' want to ruin your experience, but don't over estimate your purchase. 

OMEGA-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-231-10-39-21-

Flinnt

Buy a VSF Aqua Terra from a trusted dealer here and compare it to the one you have and you’ll see the error of your ways then. 

Gangan
4 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Looks a cheapie to me. I could be wrong, but isn't the date window in totally the wrong place? And the font shocking too?

Interesting coment about the date window.  I've  done a quick search on google and it looks as though Omega have positioned them in various locations.  I stumbled onto this one and although black, it is in the same position as mine. 

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/26158225-omega-aquaterra-golf-edition-men-2011-present

As I said in the first post, the works are a mystery but it does keep exeptiinal time.  It is the case and strap which is exeptiinal and I will post more in the UK when I return.  I have bought mechanisms from Cousins and know how much they cost.  Even Asian ETA's can be bought for less than £100 so it still doesn't explain why this should be so cheap in comparison.  My posts have been carefully phrased  are intended not to be offensive.  It does seem some have taken them that way so if I continue to contribute, I will have to be more careful. 

deju

Hey, if he likes it then it’s worth what he paid to him. 

Let him be. When you get the rep watch ocd the hobby is fucked for you :lol:

FoxWilde

Don’t mind these fools, OP. 

Reps come in many variations, and many pricetags. That’s a decent rep of yours, thank you for sharing!

Many folks here have and continue to use TDs, myself included. Through them, we get the latest and greatest reps that will be sure to entice you to buying more. 

Welcome to the game. Appreciate that watch and buy some more, although I do advise you check out some great reps on TD sites. 

Gangan
31 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

This is the genuine of yours notice the date window alignment and font.  As said, it's probably a 2813 movement with decorations.  Dont' want to ruin your experience, but don't over estimate your purchase. 

OMEGA-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-231-10-39-21-

Yes, you are problems right about the mystery mechanism and I can see what you mean about the date font.  Are you sure that this is an original?  The strap doesn't look a tight fit.

GingerApple
11 hours ago, Gangan said:

Interesting coment about the date window.  I've  done a quick search on google and it looks as though Omega have positioned them in various locations.  I stumbled onto this one and although black, it is in the same position as mine. 

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/26158225-omega-aquaterra-golf-edition-men-2011-present

It really, really isn't in the same position as yours. Just, no. The Gen of your model has the date window much further to the outside of the dial than yours.

But as Deju and Fox said, if you're happy with the watch and the price you paid for it, then good for you! There was a bit of cynicism when you first posted as we've seen many a new member show up singing the praises of a site they're affiliated with, but I think everyone will accept now that you're not doing that - so I really don't think there's any hostility towards you and I hope you don't feel like there is. On the contrary, we love new members so hang around. And I think your watch is more like $70 on DHGate so I don't think you've been ripped off too much. Enjoy it either way.

Jibuti
5 hours ago, black263 said:

What are we supposed to see in that third link?

something our mate dave47 usually shows on his pics, only in white.

GenTLe

Do a clear Pic of the back showing the movement balance wheel (the spinning back&forth little thing) and I'll tell you the movement.

Anyway, looking at it, it seems an older model (Omegas with the metal frame around date window are 5 years old or so) of something among this  line: https://m.dhgate.com/product/2019luxury-watches-stainless-steel-bracelet/453462135.html?invitorid=7J7ZJn0d

I think if you try a VSF ones you'll be astonished by the quality difference (starting from the material, like the sapphire crystal Vs mineral glass on these cheaper ones, to the overall feeling).

Rx4Time
1 hour ago, Gangan said:

Yes, you are problems right about the mystery mechanism and I can see what you mean about the date font.  Are you sure that this is an original?  The strap doesn't look a tight fit.

The picture was pulled from a sale on chrono24, do no reason to think it's not authentic.  Even genuine will have a small gap between the endlinks and lugs, which will show if there's a bright light behind it and you catch the right angle.  Enjoy! 

Gangan
8 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Do a clear Pic of the back showing the movement balance wheel (the spinning back&forth little thing) and I'll tell you the movement.

Anyway, looking at it, it seems an older model (Omegas with the metal frame around date window are 5 years old or so) of something among this  line: https://m.dhgate.com/product/2019luxury-watches-stainless-steel-bracelet/453462135.html?invitorid=7J7ZJn0d

9 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

It really, really isn't in the same position as yours. Just, no. The Gen of your model has the date window much further to the outside of the dial than yours.

But as Deju and Fox said, if you're happy with the watch and the price you paid for it, then good for you! There was a bit of cynicism when you first posted as we've seen many a new member show up singing the praises of a site they're affiliated to, but I think everyone will accept now that you're not doing that - so I really don't think there's any hostility towards you and I hope you don't feel like there is. On the contrary, we love new members so hang around. And I think your watch is more like $70 on DHGate so I don't think you've been ripped off too much. Enjoy it either way.

I think if you try a VSF ones you'll be astonished by the quality difference (starting from the material, like the sapphire crystal Vs mineral glass on these cheaper ones, to the overall feeling).

Nice one!  I hadn't noticed the position of the date wheel and now you point it out, it is realy obvious. 

I'll stick around for a bit longer and will make another post or two.  Several of the responses made are like yours, considered, constructive,  and we'll worth reading.

Theviking

Don't be disheartened @Gangan if you really are interested in reps for yourself. I started on a similar path via Turkish reps. Read and learn on the site and you'll soon see how detailed or analysis of reps can be. Take it on the chin and see it as a entry fee to the real world of replica's. You've got comments from many of the big brains of RWG, so keep an eye out for them as they are a big help.

Gangan
9 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

The picture was pulled from a sale on chrono24, do no reason to think it's not authentic.  Even genuine will have a small gap between the endlinks and lugs, which will show if there's a bright light behind it and you catch the right angle.  Enjoy! 

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen such a clear one of the version when I've searched the net.  What your picture clearly shows, it is not just the date font, but the position.  As has been pointed out, the one on mine is much closer in.  That, no doubt explains the smaller font.  Guess I'll have to live with that.

NCRich
34 minutes ago, Gangan said:

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen such a clear one of the version when I've searched the net.  What your picture clearly shows, it is not just the date font, but the position.  As has been pointed out, the one on mine is much closer in.  That, no doubt explains the smaller font.  Guess I'll have to live with that.

LOL, the dangers of hanging out on a rep board where they obsess over every detail.  I have fantastic expensive reps and I've got $70 Gate reps.  I like them all.  I am the only one who's opinion matters, as are you.  After all, it's your watch.  BTW, I had one very similar to that Omega you have and I liked it.  Mine was $65 on the Gate, yours was $100 but you got to buy yours on holiday and had an experience.  Can't put a price on that!  Enjoy your watch.

narikaa
36 minutes ago, NCRich said:

LOL, the dangers of hanging out on a rep board where they obsess over every detail.  I have fantastic expensive reps and I've got $70 Gate reps.  I like them all.  I am the only one who's opinion matters, as are you.  After all, it's your watch.  BTW, I had one very similar to that Omega you have and I liked it.  Mine was $65 on the Gate, yours was $100 but you got to buy yours on holiday and had an experience.  Can't put a price on that!  Enjoy your watch.

This

& no doubt half a gallon of mint tea

while having his ear chewed

;)

Rx4Time

The experience more than ofsets the price difference.  

FudgyDocker
3 hours ago, narikaa said:

& no doubt half a gallon of mint tea

Apple Tea. ALWAYS Apple Tea in Turkey :lol:

SCShrek

@Gangan No worries brother...you should have seen the first two watches I bought off the Gate. Paid about $50 each and neither was worth that! The only thing correct on them was "Rolex" written on the dial. It takes time to learn all the little things that gets nit-picked on with these reps but at least your Omega is a respectable rep, so kudos for that. Remember that 95% of everyone you are around will not even recognize you are wearing a watch much less what brand or how to spot a fake one, so if you enjoy it...you're good.

I've been around here and RWI for about a year now and I havent even come close to learning what these guys have forgotten. It'll take some time and reading.

56 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Apple Tea. ALWAYS Apple Tea in Turkey :lol:

I do like mint but never have tried Apple tea...we have hot apple cider here, but that doesnt count as tea....hmmm

Gangan
On 18/09/2019 at 07:40, Theviking said:

Don't be disheartened @Gangan if you really are interested in reps for yourself. I started on a similar path via Turkish reps. Read and learn on the site and you'll soon see how detailed or analysis of reps can be. Take it on the chin and see it as a entry fee to the real world of replica's. You've got comments from many of the big brains of RWG, so keep an eye out for them as they are a big help.

Thanks for that, and thanks to the 'big brains' for getting involved.  I think what I was trying to say in the original post has got a bit lost as my thoughts are even more valid if you can get one like the quality of mine even cheaper.  When I am able to post better pictures I can perhaps explain more clearly.  Remember I bought my first rep from Trustytime around 12-15 years ago, swiss eta works etc. and followed up with three more of similar quality.  I also have one on its way from Steve and will post on that when it arrives.

deju

Let’s not forget the cheapies tend to last longer :lol:

Gangan
On 17/09/2019 at 22:35, GenTLe said:

I'll take some when back in the UK showing the balance wheel (I'vechanged a couple of balance wheels/hairspring in the past and have regulated many).   As you can see from my original post, I didn't rate the movement anyway.  It looks to me like some budget low profile mechanism covered with a decorated skeleton 'cage'.  It would be good to know how to get it off to access the regulator.  Strangly though, it keeps very good time.  Thanks for your input.