Glaude

ClickPix.org - Sharing images on the forum

Glaude

Hello everyone !

To fit the need of a new image hosting platform and since we are getting blocked everywhere because of the heavy traffic we are generating, the RWI/RWG team has put together a new software, very much the same as the one you used to know under the name of Picr.me.

We proudly present you

2d0R.png

ClickPix.org is working like the previous hosting solution we had, but this time, you'll see it evolve and some changes to the software are already planned.

How to use it ?

First of all, create an account on ClickPix.org in order to get back to your upload if you need them later, this is an optional step but it will benefit you in the long run

The easiest way to benefit from ClickPix.org is to use the dedicated button at the top of the editor area (the area where you redact your post) :

Be aware that if for some reason this button doesn't show up in the editor, a simple page refresh could solve the issue

2w58.jpg

After clicking on that button, you'll have a popup window opened in front of your screen (be vigilant to allow this popup if you have a strict Ad blocker or web browser)

3piD.jpg

In that popup window, you will be able to insert pictures from your device (works perfectly fine from a mobile device too). You can do so by multiple means.
The easiest is to drag and drop an image inside this popup but this could be hard to do sometimes.
So you can click directly on the big image in the middle of the popup :

3QVY.jpg

This will open your operating system file browser and will allow you to browse for your images, you can upload a maximum of 50 every minute, but if your internet connection is a bit slow, this mean almost unlimited upload.

You can also click the "Browse from your computer" link inside the popup or the "add image URLs" to transfer an image you saw online (be careful of the copyrights & licence)

Once you've selected your images, they will be added to the popup window for a last control before you upload them

3Bks.jpg

Click the upload button and the process will begin once it's done, the window will automatically close itself and you'll have the links added to your editor :

24BK.jpg

And there's nothing more to it from the board point of view !

How to use the ClickPix.org website :

If you want to upload pictures directly on the ClickPix.org website, you can certainly do so, but after that, if you want to share them on the forum, you may find it hard to do it without an explanation.

Once you've uploaded your photo or if you have some already uploaded and want to share them, you'll have to find them in your photo albums and once they are in front of you :

36vE.jpg

You will have to hover your mouse on each of them to select the one you want to obtain the links for

3tY3.jpg

Select as many as you want and then head your mouse over to the right top side of the website, to the Action link

3rzn.jpg

There, select the "Get Embed code" menu, a popup window will open, there you have to select the most appropriate type of link in the list, which will most of the time be : BBCode Full Linked (It's the biggest image type for the forum, with a link to the full size one if you click on it)

3n82.jpg

Then in the box below it, you'll just have to copy the links and past them inside your editor area on the forum

What happened to Picr.me ?

The Picr.me promise was to allow for a simple, reliable and secure file hosting service, and so far, none of this promise had been broken. But due to the large amount of storage and traffic the website generated, the previous server had issues handling it. In order to avoid breaking everything and lost the number 1 promise of picr : never break the internet like Photobucket did, we had to set up something else.

• Like 3

FudgyDocker

Thanks for this comprehensive guide @Glaude, that even the most ardent fuckwit should be able to understand! 

The_Proctometrist
2 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Thanks for this comprehensive guide @Glaude, that even the most ardent fuckwit should be able to understand! 

Ya me!!!

solkryssare

2cs2.jpg

It works!

GingerApple

Hmmmm, let's tests this sneaky little button out then.

Azbs.jpg

Yep, very easy to use, even when doing other jobs.

Intresting

Did my first post with photos today.  Thanks for the great guide.

brang1

hopefully this one lasts, good job @Glaude

FudgyDocker
4 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Holy fuck, @TheFreckledTampon. Did you really have to? Surprised you didn't share a pic of the resulting Stour Trout as well!! 

GingerApple
3 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

Holy fuck, @TheFreckledTampon. Did you really have to? Surprised you didn't share a pic of the resulting Stour Trout as well!! 

Nowt wrong with riding the porcelain pony, we all do it! I thought my picture was comparatively restrained considering...

PostMaster
8 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Azbs.jpg

Such a clear picture 

:D

SCShrek
9 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Azbs.jpg

Thank God for cropping??? :facepalm:

fatarms
9 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Azbs.jpg

The question is, is that you on the toilet, or are you reaching across someone else sitting on the toilet?

GingerApple
52 minutes ago, fatarms said:

The question is, is that you on the toilet, or are you reaching across someone else sitting on the toilet?

:rofl:

I was in the next cubicle. Amsterdam Bus Station. We all know how this ended.

fatarms
1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

:rofl:

I was in the next cubicle. Amsterdam Bus Station. We all know how this ended.

I'm guessing with some worn out rotor bearings...

Psssniper

Last batch of uploads were rotated 90 degrees CCW ? Did I miss a setting?

UyGX.md.jpg

Ur35.md.jpg

Glaude
29 minutes ago, Psssniper said:

Last batch of uploads were rotated 90 degrees CCW ? Did I miss a setting?

Are you sure those photo where not in that orientation on your phone (I guess it's a phone taken picture ?) and it's the phone that made it appear correctly oriented when you looked at them ?

In other word, are you sure you took those picture in the "normal" orientation ? ClickPix will only attempt to rotate picture when it detect that they were taken in the incorrect orientation

• Like 1

Psssniper

aynb.md.jpg

Psssniper

Sorry for those huge pics in the last post

So I deleted all the pics on clickpix, uploaded the same pics plus another one and the upload confirmation showed them normally but the pic itself is rotated in the album on clickpix, here they are.

Ucm4.th.png UJgj.th.jpg Ux41.th.jpg Ubyv.th.jpg

GingerApple

*Sigh.

I knew this was coming....

BadPickle

I’ll stay with imgbb

267-E7273-2-A78-4373-8-FC8-374-A4869065-

Glaude
5 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’ll stay with imgbb

imgbb use the exact same software than clickpix, not a drop of difference, so if we have this issue, they have it too ... 

6 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

*Sigh.

I knew this was coming....

To be honest, there's nothing that come up, out of the 600 pics already uploaded, first time seeing this and according to my research, it's not related to the software.

• Like 1

Glaude
10 hours ago, Psssniper said:

Sorry for those huge pics in the last post

So I deleted all the pics on clickpix, uploaded the same pics plus another one and the upload confirmation showed them normally but the pic itself is rotated in the album on clickpix, here they are.

Here's how it works on ClickPix and any other image host using this software : imgbb, pixelsbin etc... 

The software will look for any EXIF data to detect correct orientation, if EXIF data are stripped, it will not be able to determine the correct orientation.
Most of phones nowadays will correct the orientation automatically to show them in the phone gallery correctly, when in fact, they are "incorrectly" oriented.
I have the situation myself when I transfer some pics on my PC that were looking fine on the phone, they appear rotated on the PC.
The image hosting software can't do any magic, it can't guess the supposed orientation, the phone is able to do it because it had the necessary information associated with the picture.

I've looked at the support forum of the software as well as online, it's not a software issue, and as I said, out of the already 600 images, this is the first report of that type, so things must be going alright for most of the people.

*Roll out a free hosting image software they said, it'll be fun they said, everyone will be happy they said... 

@Psssniper I invite you to continue testing and debugging with me in PM

• Like 1

GingerApple
39 minutes ago, Glaude said:

To be honest, there's nothing that come up, out of the 600 pics already uploaded, first time seeing this and according to my research, it's not related to the software.

I was only teasing mate, I think ClickPic is awesome, a wonderful addition to this place. I virtually stopped posting pics when Picr went down so to have this instead is quality! 

33 minutes ago, Glaude said:

*Roll out a free hosting image software they said, it'll be fun they said, everyone will be happy they said... 

We are!!!!! PBR's just being Pickle, I was just being sarcastic, but everyone loves the efforts you guys have gone to!!!! And the results of those efforts too!

Psssniper

working now, I had the exif turned off

aBWE.md.jpg
arJ2.md.jpg
a1up.md.jpg